Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: not good, in any way shape or form  (Read 5336 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: not good, in any way shape or form
« Reply #30 on: 13 December 2017, 00:59:46 »

That whole experience is a complete abortion, and I can only hope that it gets sorted sharpish. The frustration of not having any real control over any of it is probably the worst part.

I still maintain that the scale of disruption, not to mention the logistics of sorting it all out, is often under appreciated. Not that that is either any help nor consolation.  :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 13 December 2017, 08:40:23 »

So anyone know how a bag can fly to , in this case Singapore, with no person ?

Easy. An urangutangA baggage handler loaded it onto a plane.

(Well, you did ask..)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 December 2017, 09:05:00 »

So anyone know how a bag can fly to , in this case Singapore, with no person ?

Easy. An urangutangA baggage handler loaded it onto a plane.

(Well, you did ask..)

Some years ago I bought a spanking new Fender Stratocaster in the USA, I also bought a rigid flight case ! Just as well. Waiting to take of I watched it being thrown (yes, I mean thrown) into the baggage hold of the plane despite "fragile" stickers. I would have preferred an urangutang to have been the baggage handler.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 December 2017, 13:11:51 »

Todays saga ....  text message at 3.00 am to say they has found one bag in singapore (strange when I had told them it was there), it was being put on a flight to return it to me .. trouble being .. .. a singapore to heathrow flight arriving at 0430 tomorrow 14th .. when we fly out at 2050 today for melbourne. 4 hours on the phone, including 3 calls to singapore and I get nowhere.... :(

Use internet and find personal email of BA CEO, one Alex Cruz.  Send a short, succinct, but VERY pointed email expressing total disgust and a few salient points. And stating that I WILL be going to small claims court if my expenses are rejected when I submit them when we get back.

Out of the blue an hour later, phone call from a "Senior Operations Officer" who wants to know ALL the gory details. Complaint case raised, additional costs will "certainly be considered", he'll "see what he can do from his end" and he then says that on his data both bags have been found in singapore and will be on the next flight to melbourne arriving there 30 minutes before our flight is due in ...

So progress SEEMS to have been made, but it taken the threat of court action to get anywhere .

Not holding my breath .. but now preparing for todays flight ... only 26 hours in tin cans ... :(

If I don't speak before ... Wishing all OOFers a happy xmas and a good new year .. whatever you get up to .. enjoy ..  :y :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 December 2017, 13:24:28 »

Well that seems to be a result. It will be a chairmans case. I used to work for a Blue chip company that had same. Everyone involved "jumps". Shame people have to resort to such action to get a result. I dare say in this case Entwoods complaint is just one of many and the poor sods tasked with sorting out will be totally overwhelmed.

As an aside, you would have thought in this day and age that more effective comms could exist. Especially if it is one way.i.e. from the company to punters. It wouldn't be too hard to have an electronic noticeboard with info on it that could be updated. Years ago, I was on a bird strike on take off Ryanair flight. Aside from being exciting as we landed err after the runway, the lack of info was manifest.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 December 2017, 19:01:58 »

I still maintain that the scale of disruption, not to mention the logistics of sorting it all out, is often under appreciated. Not that that is either any help nor consolation.  :-\
I think we all understand that, but the airlines should be better prepared, and have better processes available for it.  But, no, it would appear they proved again that piss ups in breweries are too difficult for them.

Disruptions do happen, though fortunately not too regularly, but often enough that procedures should be in place to implement at a moments notice, rather than leaving their (paying) customers out on a limb with no help, no guidance and no info.

Complete, utter disgrace.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 December 2017, 19:36:44 »

Unfortunately the system is set up to deal with the occasional weather or technical cancellation/diversion rather than wholesale shutdowns.

After the previous debacle, BA should have much more rigorous systems in place. For that matter so should BAA... :-\

Any, hopefully on their way and be in a warm, sunny Melbourne, with luggage in no time ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 December 2017, 20:03:05 »

I have the greatest sympathy Nige, and I think BA nowadays are rubbish, and have gone downhill since I retired 20 years ago, after flying for them for 20 years. Under Lord King it was a great airline, but gradually declined after that. When they joined in the shafting of Virgin, I wrote to our then Chairman, Colin Marshall, expressing my disgust at BA's behaviour, and got the usual bulls**t answer. >:(
I hope that you eventually get the trip back on schedule and that you and Chris have a great time, and a very Happy Christmas. :y :y :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.