Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 309-305  (Read 8202 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: 309-305
« Reply #60 on: 14 December 2017, 22:44:24 »

I am on a few expat forums and without exception a Brexit member is a rare thing.

Some topics even embrace the idea of an ue state. Here in Spain they see very little wrong with the EU and think Britain is mad to be leaving. Mind you the same people scoffed at me when following the crash I said it would take Spain ten years to get back on its feet. They sad one maybe two years. The point is people see the same thing very differently.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 14 December 2017, 23:20:05 »

Lively debate on QT!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 15 December 2017, 03:16:02 »

It is perhaps worth revisiting the table here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/leave-or-remain-eu-referendum-results-and-live-maps/ to see that apart from Norn Irn, Scotland and London the country voted overwhelmingly  Leave, but one would think by the remoaners whingeing that it was a damn close run thing. I think the map in the link says it all. >:( >:( >:(

No, not really. There are 382 areas in that uk map. A result of 17,000,000 vs 17,000,382 could colour the UK 100% remain, each region being swayed by one vote. Presumably under your logic, you would agree that result would be a landslide in favour of remain? Despite being swung by 0.0011% of the vote.

There are many useful ways of cutting the referendum data, an overly simplistic map, coloured one of 2 colours, is not one of them

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 15 December 2017, 03:23:38 »

I am on a few expat forums and without exception a Brexit member is a rare thing.

Odd that, in the run up to the referendum there were s number of surveys done amongst brits living on the Costa del Awful. Without exception, they were voting leave. Seemingly unaware that both their indefinite leave to remain in their country of choice and the index linking of their pensions ere both contingent on remaining part of the club they say despise.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 15 December 2017, 16:04:58 »

It is perhaps worth revisiting the table here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/leave-or-remain-eu-referendum-results-and-live-maps/ to see that apart from Norn Irn, Scotland and London the country voted overwhelmingly  Leave, but one would think by the remoaners whingeing that it was a damn close run thing. I think the map in the link says it all. >:( >:( >:(

No, not really. There are 382 areas in that uk map. A result of 17,000,000 vs 17,000,382 could colour the UK 100% remain, each region being swayed by one vote. Presumably under your logic, you would agree that result would be a landslide in favour of remain? Despite being swung by 0.0011% of the vote.

There are many useful ways of cutting the referendum data, an overly simplistic map, coloured one of 2 colours, is not one of them

They could have, but didn’t, England voted overall 6.4% in favour of leave, even including the massive London vote to remain.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 15 December 2017, 16:54:58 »

No one is disputing the result (not that I am aware of at least). My point was that using a map that shows 80-90% of the country being in favour of a decision does not tell you much that’s useful about a decision made with a 6% margin of victory.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 15 December 2017, 18:52:01 »

No one is disputing the result (not that I am aware of at least). My point was that using a map that shows 80-90% of the country being in favour of a decision does not tell you much that’s useful about a decision made with a 6% margin of victory.

Perhaps I could have worded it better, I was really referring to the figures, which, if you remove the unsurprising London result, gives a clear margin to leave for the rest of England. I CBA to do the maths.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19 December 2017, 20:47:27 »

Seems good to me.
   I thought the post was going to be about peugeots  ;D ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 December 2017, 21:13:25 »

Seems good to me.
   I thought the post was going to be about peugeots  ;D ;D
It's worse than that. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.