Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corsa c issues  (Read 2048 times)

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
Corsa c issues
« on: 27 February 2018, 21:26:46 »

Evening everyone,

My wife sold her corsa several months ago to a friend of hers where she works. It's been fine until this week when it has started to cut out. When it stops the engine warning light will flicker and you can here the throttle chattering. I have fitted a new earth wire from the engine ecu and it is better but not fixed. The engine light doesn't flicker anymore but the engine does try and die still, engine light comes on solid rather than flicker but the car will then sort its self out and the engine light goes out. Car idles fine but the fault is showing up when you try and rev the car, not every time but a fair amount of the time. Didn't get to read the codes as my computer died before it scanned them. I'll go back to it tomorrow and get the codes if there are any (before I put the new earth on the flickering light didn't register a code). Just after some advice if anyone has any on this car, am worried that if its run without an ecu earth it could have caused issues with the ecu.
Cheers, Al
If it aint broken, you aint trying hard enough

STEMO

Re: Corsa c issues
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2018, 21:31:04 »

Not your problem?  :-\

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2018, 21:36:02 »

No, not a problem but she is a friend of my wife so naturally I'm going to help out if I can. I will be supplied with beer for trying to sort it.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2018, 22:28:30 »

Petrol or Diesel?

If its the Double Plug ECU, which Corsa C shoud be depending on Year, then it wont start or run without the seperate Black Wire Earth. Try a Jump Lead from ECU Housing to Batt Neg. But it sounds like youve already done simular.

You can read any Active and some Stored Codes by doing a Peddel Trick.

If its Petrol, starter for ten would be Cam Sensor.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 22:37:15 by zirk »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2018, 22:30:34 »

That,s the trouble of selling a car. or anything for that matter. You then feel obliged to try and sort it if it goes wrong.  :-[

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2018, 22:56:29 »

Yeah, already put another earth from the ecu to the battery and it isn't quite the same fault after. My worry is the lack of earth has done damage to the ecu. When I first looked at it there were no fault codes, not sure after the new earth lead will look tomorrow. Like I said, the ecu warning light doesn't flicker anymore but does come on and go off while the car tries to cut out. The engine doesn't cut out now but doesn't really like to be revved and is definitely trying to cut out.
Not bothered about selling the car to them, there is no pressure or expectation that I need to fix it but I've always helped out with friends/family cars as a hobby anyway.
It's a 3 cylinder petrol.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2018, 00:50:55 »

the 3 cylinder corsa engine is notorious for weird issues. ex had one and it started cutting out after long journeys and wouldnt start again for love nor money unless you left it for at least an hour. it then started and drove perfect again!.we checked the plugs because she didnt know when they had last been changed and found the electrodes complety burned away ,missing. how it ran at all was a mystery. after new plugs fitted it did run better but still had the weird cutting out occasionally.

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2018, 15:47:11 »

What's required to change the engine ecu? I'm happy with the physical work, but does the replacement ecu need to be unpaired from the old car before removal or can the car just be recoded once fitted as long as I get the code for it.
Google is a mixture of replace the bm, clocks, keys etc also, but that seems excessive.
Cheers Al

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2018, 18:53:41 »

What's required to change the engine ecu? I'm happy with the physical work, but does the replacement ecu need to be unpaired from the old car before removal or can the car just be recoded once fitted as long as I get the code for it.
Google is a mixture of replace the bm, clocks, keys etc also, but that seems excessive.
Cheers Al
Its the same as the Omega, ECU, Transponder Unit around the Ing. Barrel and the Key Transponder Chip(s), but I believe you also need to replace the Dash Clocks as well due to them also being paired somehow, all this is assuming you dont want to mess about with De and Pairing Codes etc.

No doubt a Tech 2 Owner will be along shortly and tell me Im talking Bollards again.  ;D

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2018, 20:54:44 »

Cheers Zirk, have read that it needs the full kit, but online auction site sellers claim you just need the ecu and tech 2 to program it. If you don't have the ability to program it then you need the full set. Just wary of taking advice from unknown sellers who want your money.
Al

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2018, 21:07:24 »

Next doors did this,   new coil pack and plugs cured it
Hoof'land storeman.

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2018, 21:40:43 »

Would coil pack issues still show up just on ignition? No codes on the computer, can't pedal trick it as it keeps shutting down the ecu when you press the throttle.
Since I put the extra earth wire on the ecu it seems better, but still has issues when you move the throttle sometimes.  When plugged into the code reader and you move the pedal it will disconnect from the reader. Definitely seems electrical somewhere, like I said, I'm worried the bad earth has goosed the ecu.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2018, 22:19:26 »

Would coil pack issues still show up just on ignition? No codes on the computer, can't pedal trick it as it keeps shutting down the ecu when you press the throttle.
Since I put the extra earth wire on the ecu it seems better, but still has issues when you move the throttle sometimes.  When plugged into the code reader and you move the pedal it will disconnect from the reader. Definitely seems electrical somewhere, like I said, I'm worried the bad earth has goosed the ecu.

Send the ecu off to ecu testing and have it checked out

Ecutesting.com
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.