Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stetched Omega Anyone?  (Read 3264 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Stetched Omega Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: 07 December 2018, 18:28:39 »

2.2 from the age... And from the reg, one that was built properly by a firm near Beaconsfield/High Wycombe whose name escapes me :-[

Technically, the conversions/specials were available with any engine in the range, same as Ambulance and Plod.

Wilcox

Limos are built to different specs for different jobs; bridal and ceremonial cars tend to retain just two doors per side with folding seats at the front of the passenger compartment and funeral cars will have three doors and three rows of seats. Those are the differences between Colman Milne's Dorchester and Grosvenor stretched Fords.

At £700 that car would be a laugh. I parked my Grosvenor(mk2 Granada) in the street outside the house; they're not that big.
There's quite often a white Dorchester with the obligatory bvr in the car park at work... Takes more than a single bay, but enough space left for a Smart or Metro within the two spaces :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 December 2018, 19:05:01 »

2.2 from the age... And from the reg, one that was built properly by a firm near Beaconsfield/High Wycombe whose name escapes me :-[

Technically, the conversions/specials were available with any engine in the range, same as Ambulance and Plod.

Wilcox

Limos are built to different specs for different jobs; bridal and ceremonial cars tend to retain just two doors per side with folding seats at the front of the passenger compartment and funeral cars will have three doors and three rows of seats. Those are the differences between Colman Milne's Dorchester and Grosvenor stretched Fords.

At £700 that car would be a laugh. I parked my Grosvenor(mk2 Granada) in the street outside the house; they're not that big.
The same to you too Nick. :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 December 2018, 19:15:26 »

Why are you all slagging the guy off for saying it has 7 doors.  ???  :-\

It clearly has 6 doors and the boot, and he states that he dosn't know why the listing states 4.  I assume that it's some sort of auto listing feature on Gumtree, which is why it also shows as a 3.2 with 5 seats.   ;)

It's not a standard vehicle after all, but I think it would make a great drift car!  ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2018, 19:35:32 »

that "3.2 L ,214.6  bhp, 149  mph engine looks a little on the small side too  ;D
looks more like the 2198 cc engine that it says it is on tax inquiry

Which is exactly what others of this type being advertised in the past have been powered by.

The "5 seats" is strange as well, along with the "4 doors" which the apparent seller claims should read 7!  Something wrong here. Is this actually a hearse? :o ::) ??? ???

I certainly would not touch it for any money! ;)

I believe it is a stretched limo, not a hearse, ....   6 doors, 3 rows of seats, ( 7 seats plus driver) and a boot ..  :)

so, linked with the numerous other errors, the guy appears to not know what he is selling .... touch not with a bargepole IMHO ..  :)

But the seller claims it has 7 doors, not the 4 stated in the screed :o :o ::) ;)

All you have to do is look at the pictures and count ......   :)

So .. he has got the engine wrong, the number of doors wrong, the number of seats wrong, its taxed but not MOTd (strange waste of money ??) He says the MOT expired in September .. but it was in July (18th to be exact) and its only done 800 miles (photo milage - last MOT) in the past 18 months ....

I wonder what else is "incorrect" ....   :)

Exactly my point, this "seller" not knowing so much suggests to me that he is either using a picture of another similar car to sell his, or it is a con with him disappearing with whatever someone sends him in monetary terms.

That is why I say I would not buy it at any price.

I doubt if his stretched limo actually exists! :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 December 2018, 19:51:44 »

I am with Sir Tig on this...

It was probably bought as a cheap, alternative mpv, and for whatever reason he is selling it. Probably because his woman can't park it ::)

Equally could have been a punt at an auction and he wants to flip it for a few quid towards Christmas...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 December 2018, 23:57:07 »

Exactly my point, this "seller" not knowing so much suggests to me that he is either using a picture of another similar car to sell his, or it is a con with him disappearing with whatever someone sends him in monetary terms.

That is why I say I would not buy it at any price.

Have you seen Ebay adverts? That's not a bad one by any description; it's for a car, the photo matches the general description and doesn't look as if it was taken on a box brownie in the dark by a blind toddler with no arms. And the price is low enough that it's not much to lose. I'd be tempted by something like it if I regularly had several people to move.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.