Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.6 Air Bag Light  (Read 1979 times)

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
2.6 Air Bag Light
« on: 21 August 2016, 15:23:49 »

Hopefully someone can advise me on this one.

Some time ago my steering wheel squid decided to collapse and when it did my airbag light came on. I picked up a good second hand one from unlucky Alf and have eventually got round to fitting it this afternoon as my mot is due to tomorrow morning.

Changing went ok, and it was an identical swop. However on reassembly the air bag light is still on. Should this turn itself off or do you need a ready to get rid. Or maybe there's another fault??

Your advise would be appreciated as I know it will fail tomorrow due to the light being on, oh it's a 2001 2.6 estate

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
Re: 2.6 Air Bag Light
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2016, 15:53:39 »

I think it can only be turned off with a tech 2

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2016, 17:46:52 »

Oh great, that's the old girl failing then 🙈🙈

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2016, 17:53:32 »

Well...you should have fitted the squab earlier than 'eventually'  ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2016, 18:03:05 »

Op-c*m definitely turns it off, as that's how I dealt with mine last year. I'm pretty sure the better Snap-on scan tools, that your garage is likely to have, will do too. It's worth ringing them to check, before cancelling your MOT booking.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2016, 20:47:13 »

Op-c*m definitely turns it off, as that's how I dealt with mine last year. I'm pretty sure the better Snap-on scan tools, that your garage is likely to have, will do too. It's worth ringing them to check, before cancelling your MOT booking.

This :y

Even some of the better Autel Maxscan ones do airbag systems too :)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2016, 20:49:59 »

Lol yes I should have done it sooner but with work and juggling being a single dad time just got away from me  ;D

I will call round a couple of the local garages in the morning and see if they can do it and how much there gonna rape me for  ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2016, 20:57:59 »

Lol yes I should have done it sooner but with work and juggling being a single dad time just got away from me  ;D

I will call round a couple of the local garages in the morning and see if they can do it and how much there gonna rape me for  ::)

Ask whoever will do the MOT. Hint that you will be generous when you ask ;)

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2016, 11:20:34 »

Well the old girl failed the MOT as expected but not really bad at all. Just Airbag light, handbrake, headlight adjustment and number plate light.

Got airbag light removed this morning by a local garage for a tenner so now on to the brakes, at least it's sunny today which will make it a bit more pleasant.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2016, 11:37:06 »

Well the old girl failed the MOT as expected but not really bad at all. Just Airbag light, handbrake, headlight adjustment and number plate light.

Got airbag light removed this morning by a local garage for a tenner so now on to the brakes, at least it's sunny today which will make it a bit more pleasant.

I always check all the bulb/lights before it goes for the MoT :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2016, 12:47:59 »

Likewise... sods law notwithstanding, it's embarrassing presenting a car that you know is going to fail on basic stuff like tyres/lights/screenwash etc...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 August 2016, 13:55:15 »

Likewise... sods law notwithstanding, it's embarrassing presenting a car that you know is going to fail on basic stuff like tyres/lights/screenwash etc...

My number plate lamp normally fails on the way to the MOT. Twice that's happened. Bulb failure, too, not a loose connection. >:(

EDIT: Actually, I think the Westfield did that one year, too, so make it three. >:( >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2016, 14:03:02 »

My number plate lamp normally fails on the way to the MOT. Twice that's happened. Bulb failure, too, not a loose connection. >:(

Mine were the same until I changed them to LEDs. Every bloody year it happened. It's especially annoying as the garage is about 100metres down the road from my house.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 August 2016, 23:47:29 »

I often take mine in on purpose with a failed numberplate bulb, or white indicator bulb.  Give ol' grumpy something less embarrassing to fail it on than a frakin air freshener
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.