Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Elite Rear Sun Visor  (Read 1920 times)

DeanJ79

• Glasgow, Scotland
    • Omega v6 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
Omega Elite Rear Sun Visor
« on: 28 June 2020, 19:45:29 »

Hi all,

Has anyone got a spare and working rears unblind for the facelift omega elite? and also any advice on changing, is it easy? I understand it could be a case of removing from underneath or could this be disconnected from underneath and then just eased of of the parcel shelf from the top?

TIA

Dean

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Elite Rear Sun Visor
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2020, 19:55:37 »

If you go to Maintenance Guides, then scroll down to “Trim, Cosmectics & Body”, you will find “Rear Blind Removal“.

It is a straight forward operation and I know as I retrofitted my rear blind after removing a rear shelf devoid of one :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2020, 19:58:52 »

it's been a while since I removed one, but IIRC you're correct in that the rear shelf is undone from underneath in the boot .... but the shelf has yo come out with the blind.
Blinds sometimes stick & need a little help to get going again. The motor shaft has a short extension that you can help spin the motor with ....  :y

DeanJ79

• Glasgow, Scotland
    • Omega v6 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2020, 20:03:47 »

cheers guys. I bought the car from my dad. He has owned for 14 years so I am now getting round to fixing a few issues (already fixed the troublesome sunroof lol) but I believe the clips have broke that pull the actual blind up, although the blind isn't now coming up at all since I got it so I think I may need to do a little more investigating  :y

cheers boys

Dean

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2020, 20:11:44 »

cheers guys. I bought the car from my dad. He has owned for 14 years so I am now getting round to fixing a few issues (already fixed the troublesome sunroof lol) but I believe the clips have broke that pull the actual blind up, although the blind isn't now coming up at all since I got it so I think I may need to do a little more investigating  :y

cheers boys

Dean

At least the blind is down while you remove the parcel shelf. The blind on mine once failed up ... removing the shelf with the blind up is ... interesting!  ;D

DeanJ79

• Glasgow, Scotland
    • Omega v6 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2020, 20:22:41 »

cheers boys

Dean

At least the blind is down while you remove the parcel shelf. The blind on mine once failed up ... removing the shelf with the blind up is ... interesting!  ;D

Oft I can imagine. i'm only just getting into this. used to do more years ago on cars then kids etc. had this omega since november and loving it. think my old man will want it back when I'm done so trying to fix everything.

On the off chance if anyone reading this has an imscher front grille or replica I'd be very interested, appreciative  :y

Cheers

Dean

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2020, 20:44:53 »

I might have a rear blind shelf, I would need to check, The switch would be a different matter..

Removing the shelf, can be a pain, if any of the rear screen bond has attached to the shelf...
« Last Edit: 28 June 2020, 20:47:19 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

DeanJ79

• Glasgow, Scotland
    • Omega v6 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2020, 15:25:08 »

I might have a rear blind shelf, I would need to check, The switch would be a different matter..

Removing the shelf, can be a pain, if any of the rear screen bond has attached to the shelf...

If you have that would be great. I believe the switch is still working just the blind i need  :y

Thanks

Dean

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2020, 22:40:32 »

I changed mine as it was stuck up when I got the car in the end I broke the arms so to get it out and just replaced it is a reasonably easy job to do unfortunately the donor one was black and not cream but that was simple just changed the cream ends and cover over just a bit tricky to keep the blind from unwinding but a bit of care and its turned out good

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2020, 22:50:14 »

I changed mine as it was stuck up when I got the car in the end I broke the arms so to get it out and  ....

the screen will come out while fully raised ....  :y :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 July 2020, 07:30:39 »

If you have that would be great. I believe the switch is still working just the blind i need  :y

Thanks

Dean

I haven't forgotten,  :)
Hoof'land storeman.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2020, 19:39:00 »

Have just checked, no rear blind. :'(
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.