Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parts needed for MK1  (Read 1047 times)

ryandennis254

• Oxfordshire-Banbury
    • 98 Omega Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
Parts needed for MK1
« on: 28 November 2018, 22:12:32 »

Hi Guys.
I recently purchased an Elite on a 98 plate. My dad has an omega GLS in 1997 when I was a young boy and loved it then. This one needs some work though, but it has the potential to be a great future classic. It has low mileage and a good service history. The work it needs is as follows:

Rocker gaskets. (Did one side tonight-fiddly!)
Front wishbones. (On order)
Dash lights replacing.
Dan belt idler/tensioner. (Took 5 mins and cost £8!)
Wipers and headlight washers system refurbishing.
General clean up and oil change.
Drivers door strap u/s. (I think this is a simple fix?)
Air con not cold. (Compressor doesn’t seem to kick in)
HID sensor. (Warning on trip computer)
Headlight lens clean. (UV damage)

All in all not a huge deal considering it’s age. Even the rear air suspension is working!
My question to you all is can anyone help with obtaining a few spares? I can see plenty of the facelifted omegas being broken up on eBay but none of the early shape.
So if you have an old omega that you are breaking please let me know.
I need the following:

1x rear reading interior light (by grab handle on roof).
1x passenger side xenon headlight washer jet and shroud.
1x Headlight sensor front.
1x drivers door speaker grill.

Hope to hear back soon. Thanks!

Ryan
 :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Parts needed for MK1
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2018, 22:25:24 »

Welcome!

Parts are scarcer for the 'PFL/MFL' than tha 'FL' models (Pre/Mini Face Lift / Face Lift) however they're out there if you look, and there'd often someone who happens to be breaking one with just that rare item  :y

Rocker gaskets. (Did one side tonight-fiddly!)    Yup, but doable
Front wishbones. (On order) Good man! Consider redoing the full front suspension as geometry is sensitive and you will cost yourself more on prematurely worn tyres than a good full geo setup costs.
Dash lights replacing. Please elaborate?
Dan belt idler/tensioner. (Took 5 mins and cost £8!) Good good!
Wipers and headlight washers system refurbishing. Fairly common, easy enough fix, though
General clean up and oil change. Always well worth it
Drivers door strap u/s. (I think this is a simple fix?) Simple ish, there's plenty of info on here about it, parts cost fairly little
Air con not cold. (Compressor doesn’t seem to kick in) A decent low mileage compressor could be sourced - unless it's more 'sinister'...or even less serious, could be stuck in 'eco' mode, for instance?
HID sensor. (Warning on trip computer) Could be the level arm popped off the wishbones - 2 second job, it will either be fine for ten years, of pop off again 5 mins later
Headlight lens clean. (UV damage) Buy the 3M kit, or spend a couple of quid on wet n dry and cutting compound or brasso which works as well. By hand if you have time on your hands, or use a power polisher / drill. (with care!)

As for interior trim aside from headlining - which is always the same colour - there were a few colours used in the interiors. I assume yours is the 'shale' / beige but a pic uploaded will help fellow OOFers if they happen to have any spare parts kicking around for you.

:y
« Last Edit: 28 November 2018, 22:27:20 by Diamond Black Geezer »
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ryandennis254

• Oxfordshire-Banbury
    • 98 Omega Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2018, 07:22:16 »

Thanks Diamond Black geezer.
I will keep looking. I’m in no great rush to be honest.
The dash lights have blown in various places such as behind the climate control and air vents etc.
I’ve managed to replace 90% of the bulbs now.
I forgot to mention the cruise isn’t working too?
I’ll upload a photo now but I’m struggling to see how I can do it haha.

Cheers 👍🏽

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2018, 09:20:29 »

Worst case new Cruise unit (vacuum actuated, cable operated, if I'm right it's slightly different to FL DBW models)

Best case scenario... new stalk! Either fiver or so for a known used, or maybe £30ish for brand new / new old stock.

Option 3... squirt of electrical contact cleaner inside the 'gaps' at the stalk switch may sort it, they can gunk up after extreme age / use  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.