Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunday evening mystery?? But i think i know!  (Read 3095 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday evening mystery?? But i think i know!
« Reply #15 on: 05 March 2007, 10:02:49 »

Its also used by wireless alarm systems and some home automation stuff.....these work pretty much continuously.....

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 March 2007, 10:58:43 »

Still has to programmed by tech2 or similar (cheapo tech2 is no good) ;)

I know, but AFAIK you can't buy the chip on its own from the dealer, so you'd only be paying for the programming and not the 'fob' part of the key.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 March 2007, 11:17:38 »

Still has to programmed by tech2 or similar (cheapo tech2 is no good) ;)

I know, but AFAIK you can't buy the chip on its own from the dealer, so you'd only be paying for the programming and not the 'fob' part of the key.
At my local dealer, you pay for the parts (a transponder comes with key blank), around £35, plus £45 to do the programming. All + VAT.
Grumpy old man

Rock

• Windsor, Berkshire
  • Right turn Clyde...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 March 2007, 12:57:06 »

My nextdoor neighbours vectra remote is on the same frequency as our wireless doorbell! So bloody annoying!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: 05 March 2007, 12:57:21 by Rock »
Cambelt changed 03/12/06.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 March 2007, 15:05:49 »

At my local dealer, you pay for the parts (a transponder comes with key blank), around £35, plus £45 to do the programming. All + VAT.

I just ordered a spare key (blade only, no programming) and it was 44 quid inc. from a main dealer. Came with a transponder chip.

Which reminds me, TheBoy, I've got a spare transponder. I'll put it in the post to you.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 March 2007, 18:26:43 »

I just ordered a spare key (blade only, no programming) and it was 44 quid inc. from a main dealer. Came with a transponder chip.

Which reminds me, TheBoy, I've got a spare transponder. I'll put it in the post to you.

Kevin
Cheers.

Programming normally extra at dealers.

My local keyplace charges £22 for the blade with the chip, and cuts it there and then. Doesn't program it though (no hassle for me, obviously).  Seen blades with chip on ebay for £7.95...
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #21 on: 05 March 2007, 18:35:54 »

Do any of his neighbours have any interesting looking antennae on their homes?

Kevin

Spotted a neighbour of his seems to have a huge spider attached to his chimney, with a big ariel sticking out......it may be the prob.....tho the veccy driver says its been there a while....and he hasnt had a prob with the remotes before, it does seem odd to me he hasnt had a prob before, unless the transmitter has very recently changed frequency  :-/

No hospitals nearby either....and both veccys were parked in a courtyard in the centre of a group of houses.....so id be suprised if alarm systems/household wireless stuff was powerful enough to affect the remotes in the carpark

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #22 on: 05 March 2007, 18:40:56 »

Kevin
Cheers.

Programming normally extra at dealers.

My local keyplace charges £22 for the blade with the chip, and cuts it there and then. Doesn't program it though (no hassle for me, obviously).  Seen blades with chip on ebay for £7.95...

Im gonna let him get a new key (as he lost one and hasnt replaced) Then im thinking, have the old key off him.....get a key of fleabay to get the chip, put the chip in the old key and then get vx dealer to program it....when the car comes back for a service.....works out quite a bit cheaper for me to get a spare key doing it this way  :y

RolandL

• Intermediate Member
  • Doncaster
    • M/facelift 2.5 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 March 2007, 22:18:05 »

Interesting thread this.  I had a guy came into our shop a couple of months ago with same problem (different car, Saab, I think).  He traced the problem to..... his digital cordless phone !  wanted to return it as it interfered with the electronics on his car. Told me his son had the same problem.  I thought he was pulling my leg, maybe there was some truth in it after all......
The faster you go the bigger the grin.  Trade card user.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.