Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: worx pressure washer  (Read 2465 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
worx pressure washer
« on: 29 December 2018, 19:54:59 »

having seen the worx power washer ad i decided to buy one. i moved from york to a small village 25mls north. we dont have any shops so to get anything we have to travel a round trip of 10mls. the bungalow where i live is down a narrow lane with a bend leading to 6 houses. i am not able to park in the lane so my parking space is at the top of the lane. my car has only been washed twice since april so with my recent buy that is battery powered & able get water source from a bucket i .m all set now. :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: worx pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2018, 23:48:03 »

having seen the worx power washer ad i decided to buy one. i moved from york to a small village 25mls north. we dont have any shops so to get anything we have to travel a round trip of 10mls. the bungalow where i live is down a narrow lane with a bend leading to 6 houses. i am not able to park in the lane so my parking space is at the top of the lane. my car has only been washed twice since april so with my recent buy that is battery powered & able get water source from a bucket i .m all set now. :y

Honestly, in that situation I'd move somewhere else ;). But I'm glad the washer works for you, we have a mains karcher that does the business on most things, including powering a snowfoam Lance.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2018, 00:43:17 »

I have a mains Worx pressure washer that was about £80 from Aldi.  :y

It's fine for the annual patio and path clean and the cars when I CBAssed and was about £200 cheaper than the equivalent Karcher!  :)

It probably wouldn't last as long with prolonged regular use, but a good buy IMO!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2018, 10:34:01 »

I have a Karcher K5, which is used for everything - patio, walls, window frames and doors. Being slightly more upmarket that the K4 etc, it came with substantially better attachments and longer hose than the lesser models and cheaper brands, though I got it at a price that was around K4 price.  Its a great bit of kit...

...but is a shade too powerful for using on the car at full power, and will lift the paint.

Without a snow foam attachment, not sure I see the point in a pressure washer for washing cars (OP's unique circumstances aside), a hose, bucket and sponge is equally as good?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2018, 10:34:29 »

Although in the OPs position, I think I'd know my local Kosovans a lot better.....
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2018, 11:24:04 »

How long does that last?

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2018, 15:35:38 »

How long does that last?
tried it out this morning but the battery indicator was only on one light. i managed to do the roof & the rear tail gate on my mig estate before it died. all indications suggest it is going to do what i bought it to do. the battery however takes 5 hours to a full charge from flat so may buy another battery.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2018, 16:06:23 »

I have the luxury of 3 car-washes locally, or wash it at work.  If it needs washing at home, two bucket fulls from the tap, then rinse and cloth dry with water from the rain butt.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 30 December 2018, 16:07:48 »

How long does that last?
tried it out this morning but the battery indicator was only on one light. i managed to do the roof & the rear tail gate on my mig estate before it died. all indications suggest it is going to do what i bought it to do. the battery however takes 5 hours to a full charge from flat so may buy another battery.
I thought you were supposed to fully charge and discharge these batteries before using partially charged.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2018, 16:44:44 »

How long does that last?
I thought you were supposed to fully charge and discharge these batteries before using partially charged.

You're supposed to do a lot of things!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 30 December 2018, 16:59:27 »

How long does that last?

You're supposed to do a lot of things!  ;)
Right. They must have just made it up to inconvenience us then.  ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 December 2018, 17:03:25 »

I have the luxury of 3 car-washes locally, or wash it at work.  If it needs washing at home, two bucket fulls from the tap, then rinse and cloth dry with water from the rain butt.

£2.99 (with discount card) for Platinum car wash locally. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 December 2018, 17:41:58 »

How long does that last?
Depends on the battery chemistry.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 30 December 2018, 18:01:37 »

From the word manual:

IMPORTANT CHARGING NOTES
For a new battery pack or a battery pack that has been in storage for a long period, please recharge it before use. If you want to store the battery pack for a long time, please fully charge the battery pack to ensure maximum battery life.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 December 2018, 18:05:46 »

From the word manual:

IMPORTANT CHARGING NOTES
For a new battery pack or a battery pack that has been in storage for a long period, please recharge it before use. If you want to store the battery pack for a long time, please fully charge the battery pack to ensure maximum battery life.
OK, so its NiCd or NiMh then.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.