Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good thing about Uber...  (Read 4682 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Good thing about Uber...
« Reply #30 on: 29 June 2019, 19:52:44 »

Headteacher, live with it.

The term lacks gravitas and authority........and the kids know it and take advantage.

I've lost count of the number of times I was caned by the Headmaster back in the day. I probably deserved most if not all of them. :D

Character building they used to call it.......if you survived the beating. :D ;D
Nowadays he'd be jailed for being a sadistic paedophile. But, hey, if you enjoyed it.  :-\
And the fact that you kept going back for more proves it was no deterrent, gravitas and authority or not.

I recall there was one sadistic teacher who used to teach Spanish. He beat one kid so hard with the 'slipper' which was actually a training shoe, that he was not allowed to discipline kids after that.

Of course, the moment we found out he had no power over us we took full advantage of the situation and soon after he left. He was a proper nasty bastard with anger problems.
Most of my teachers were like that. One of them give me a proper kicking one day in front of the whole class. I was curled up in a ball on the floor while he repeatedly kicked me from head to toe. Just because I kept taking the piss out of his ginger hair.  ;D
I hated every second of school and left before I was legally allowed to, without a single qualification.
Regretted it ever since of course.  ::)

Yes......Some were quite fond of bringing up the knuckle.

As an 8 year old I refused to 'do lines' so this Welsh bastard called Evans grabbed me by the back of my neck and smacked my nose against the desk. I certainly saw stars. :-\

He would probably get a caution for such behaviour these days.....but back then nothing came of his actions.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 June 2019, 20:09:05 »

He would probably get a caution for such behaviour these days.....but back then nothing came of his actions.

I think he'd be out on his @rse, most likely.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 29 June 2019, 20:14:38 »

I think he'd be out on his @rse, most likely.
Jailed, I should think. Quite right, too.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 June 2019, 21:00:17 »

Of course, the moment we found out he had no power over us we took full advantage of the situation
My secondary school decided to stop corporal punishment, and give detention instead.  Obviously discipline went right up the Gary Glitter, as the worse you could get was an hour after school...   ...which invariably they allowed you to do you homework in.

Thinking about it now I believe the teaching profession in the sixties and seventies attracted more than it's fair share of sadistic bastards. There were one or two good teachers but the majority were just there to pick up a pay packet at the end of the week/month and had little interest in teaching.

The older the teachers became  the more jaded and apathetic they became.......just like at Grange Hill.

The younger teachers were better but their enthusiasm for the job was often short lived.

Not much different than today I think.   :-\

I have a friend who is a teacher, his parents were teachers so he was used to lots of holiday, which is pretty much why he joined the profession.   ::) 

At the age of 50 and about 28 years at the same school he now does a 4 day week on full pay!   :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 July 2019, 17:21:31 »

I remember one of my maths teachers in secondary school was really, truly a genius, with many, many successful inventions to his name.

But utterly useless at teaching.

I remember one of our (better, TBH) chemistry teachers, bless her, dealing with us rowdy, adolescent teenage lads who had taken it a bit far one day, she went into a full on shouty rant about us not being hard, and that her old school in Liverpool had got burnt down by the kids, and the teachers frequently beat up, "but at least they had respect".  That really was it for her then. Shame as I really liked her ;D

Another not well liked teacher, on his last day, was stripped, shaved head to toe, and chucked in the pool.  Worse punishment for this essentially full on assult? Most who had limited involvement got off scott free, those putting the boot in mostly got a hours detention, and a couple got suspended for a couple of weeks...   ...over the summer holidays!
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 July 2019, 20:02:12 »

WTF has all this teaching talk got to do sodding Uber.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.