Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Southern water.  (Read 3063 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Southern water.
« on: 26 June 2019, 12:42:52 »

Naughty boys.

How did they get away with it for so long? :-\

STEMO

Re: Southern water.
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2019, 12:46:53 »

£126 million is a big fine. Customers will get back £50 odd each...........over the next five years  ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2019, 12:59:02 »

Naughty boys.

When regulators let/force companies to perform duties they should be doing themselves there are always going to be those who take the wee wee.  The same happened at Boeing where the FAA, in a bid to save money, decided to leave around 80% of the regulatory checks for the manufacturer to perform.  :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2019, 12:59:54 »

£126 million is a big fine. Customers will get back £50 odd each...........over the next five years  ::)

Apparently customers will get a reduction of a full £1 each month off their bills......over the next 5 years. :-X

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2019, 13:00:53 »

Apparently customers will get a reduction of a full £1 each month off their bills......over the next 5 years. :-X
OOOOO.....I got it wrong. £60 rebate  ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2019, 13:02:15 »

I would rather the money was paid to repair the damage done to the environment.  120 mil would go a long way to cleaning up rivers and the sea.  If we had more protected mussle beds  the difference it would make to our beaches !

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2019, 13:41:47 »

OOOOO.....I got it wrong. £60 rebate  ;D

£61 to be exact ;D ;D ;)

I will be one of those who will get £17 for the first year, then £11 for each of the other 4. Whoopeeee!! ::) ::) ::) :D :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 June 2019, 13:45:29 »

Naughty boys.

When regulators let/force companies to perform duties they should be doing themselves there are always going to be those who take the wee wee.  The same happened at Boeing where the FAA, in a bid to save money, decided to leave around 80% of the regulatory checks for the manufacturer to perform.  :-X

Yep, and in this case, according to all the reports so far, for years out of date and dysfunctioning equipment throughout their treatment works was not replaced, with shareholders and boses pocketing the profits! :o :o >:(

This really does support the argument to re-nationalise at least this industry.

At least criminal investigations are now proceeding with charges expected :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 June 2019, 13:46:52 »

How much is the regulator going to be fined for not doing their job for so long. And of they were fined, who would pay it ?
I guess the only answer is us tax payers / water consumers.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2019, 15:24:29 »

How much is the regulator going to be fined for not doing their job for so long. And of they were fined, who would pay it ?

Yes, on them questions are now being asked as to why they are not stripping Southern Water of their licence to operate when gross mismanagement and dishonesty has been involved over years, with criminal actions transpiring.  Any other organisation would lose their right to trade >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2019, 15:57:46 »

Yes, on them questions are now being asked as to why they are not stripping Southern Water of their licence to operate when gross mismanagement and dishonesty has been involved over years, with criminal actions transpiring.  Any other organisation would lose their right to trade >:(

Presumably because there is nobody else who can take their place.......sadly.

They have you by the balls, Lizzie. :-\ :-* :-* :-* :-*

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2019, 16:20:03 »

:o :o :o :o :o Vivid imagination. :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2019, 16:44:31 »

:o :o :o :o :o Vivid imagination. :D

That's Opti for you!! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2019, 18:15:02 »

As a badly regulated monopoly, they are licence to print money companies, with profits of up to 25%. Needless to say European governments have bought some of them so we subsidise their taxpayers & the rest are owned by sovereign wealth or hedge funds. Hedge funds normally play the asset stripping game of slice & dice the company to sell on the parts at a profit until somebody is left with a worthless shell they paid a pound for where it has massive creditor debts & pension deficits. They then go into administration where the creditors lose most of what they are owed & the pensioners have to rely on what the government bailout fund pays out. :(

Not sure if I will get a refund as my water is supplied & I'm billed by Southern Water but the grey water waste is handled by Thames Water?
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 July 2019, 18:23:27 »

As a badly regulated monopoly, they are licence to print money companies, with profits of up to 25%. Needless to say European governments have bought some of them so we subsidise their taxpayers & the rest are owned by sovereign wealth or hedge funds. Hedge funds normally play the asset stripping game of slice & dice the company to sell on the parts at a profit until somebody is left with a worthless shell they paid a pound for where it has massive creditor debts & pension deficits. They then go into administration where the creditors lose most of what they are owed & the pensioners have to rely on what the government bailout fund pays out. :(

Not sure if I will get a refund as my water is supplied & I'm billed by Southern Water but the grey water waste is handled by Thames Water?

Down here Rod, Southern bill us for both their, dirty water element, and the South East Water companies fresh water supplies, and we are getting a credit. So with yours being the reverse all I can say is that when the credit was announced they stated ALL Southern customers would be credited as it was a "punishment" for the waste water crimes committed, right across their operating area.  So who knows, but I would hope you will get correspondence to confirm what exactly is the case. ;)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.