Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Disasters during lockdown  (Read 7700 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Disasters during lockdown
« Reply #15 on: 26 April 2020, 15:53:08 »

.... and he can lay bricks too. Watch out The Chasers, there's plenty of things they don't know.

Appreciate your advice Dave. new bulb obviously required. No ph kits or anything like that here, we're just simple folks living on the right side of the border. No expensive fish, but I do like to see them and try to look after them.
using UK supply  :-X
PH test strips clicky cheap

adding salt can help if your having issues,fish are in poor health
2 KG in your size pond ,sounds a lot but diluted and spread through 9000 litre of water it would be fine

making and using the  Dechlorinator when doing water changes will vastly help fish too
smaller quantity £3.10 delivered clicky

so for less than a tenner you can have 400 PH test strips, enough salt to treat this current issue plus Dechlorinator to treat 62500 litres of tap water and some sodium bicarbomate to stabilize PH  :y

my water treatment is considerably more  ;D
rotary drum filter, 8 foot long chamber filter of bio media, 100 litre ceramic bead filter, UVc germicidal treatment ,auto fill water through 5 stage water filter
that's before i start adding chemicals  ;D
the food bill is not cheap either ,the koi are hand fed prawns every night ,plus rice,veg,cereals,sweetcorn,mealworms and pond pellets  :-X

best stick to simple fish would be my advice  ;D :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2020, 16:02:12 »

So far this week, a jasmine bush that was about to flower for the first time ever (apparently this takes a decade  :o), a jar or peach compote, a beer, the freezer and a shredder. Oh, and the tip is still closed...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2020, 16:05:55 »

So far this week, a jasmine bush that was about to flower for the first time ever (apparently this takes a decade  :o), a jar or peach compote, a beer, the freezer and a shredder. Oh, and the tip is still closed...  ::)
what happened to the beer  :o
if you spilled it ,that was a disaster  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2020, 17:08:55 »

It got knocked out of the fridge by the same person who dropped the compote. And yes, all the beer escaped when the bottle exploded :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 April 2020, 17:20:24 »

Funny you should post this thread just as I had finished giving the dog a trim. I will not be posting any pictures, but fair to say it belongs in a disaster thread.   :-X
I hope "dog" isn't a euphemism  :o

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 April 2020, 17:35:16 »

Funny you should post this thread just as I had finished giving the dog a trim. I will not be posting any pictures, but fair to say it belongs in a disaster thread.   :-X
I hope "dog" isn't a euphemism  :o

Some scouse girls can be a bit rough around the edges. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 April 2020, 20:10:16 »

apply PTFE tape round the olive if you  ever take apart a compression fitting  :y

water quality in ponds is something i know about ,I have BIG koi
Regular partial water changes will help with pond water ,and whack the air up (if you have airstones /pump)
what are the parameters ? low PH ,high amonia  :-\
PM or ask me here if you need advice  ;)

As for the dishwasher ,it's common for the O ring to fail on water break tank , or ,if it is solenoid failure, maybe a bit of debris stuck in the valve  :-\

Do you do relationship advice too? ;)

Dear Deirdre Dave,

My wife always got home by 6 but recently she's been "working late" a lot....

;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 April 2020, 20:45:30 »

Do you do relationship advice too? ;)

Dear Deirdre Dave,

My wife always got home by 6 but recently she's been "working late" a lot....

;D

Dear worried from the south Kevin,

unfortunately with so many of the UK's working population off work,in lock-down, self isolating or sick,
 those that do have to work are doing longer hours to help keep the UK going
My advice would be to......

make the most of it you LUCKY ,LUCKY B*******

some of us have them home early or all ****ing the time

I hope that helps  :y

* insert your own swearwords

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 27 April 2020, 21:15:16 »

He olde agony uncle jest:

Dear Neville,
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt.
I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbour making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he tried to make out that he went into the back yard and heard a lady scream, had come to her rescue but found her unconscious. He'd carried the woman back to our house, laid her in bed, and began CPR. When she awoke she immediately began thanking him and kissing him and he was attempting to break free when I came back. But when I asked him why neither of them had any clothes on, he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.
I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him any more.
Can you please help?
Sincerely,
Mrs. Sheila Usk
Dear Sheila,
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.
I hope this helps.
Neville

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 April 2020, 22:26:04 »

;D
Laying a rubber road.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 April 2020, 23:25:48 »

;D ;D ;D
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 April 2020, 03:38:38 »

Funny you should mention Toilets.

My career has been flushed down the Pan. I blame erm.....myself for not joining the civil service in 1985

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2020, 17:05:55 »

Came back from Asda fully loaded. Dropped some bags on the worktop and asked wifey to start putting it away. Went and got more bags and told wifey I would finish off. Opened fridge door, where wifey had decided to put a 4 pint bottle of milk on the top shelf of the door (not the bottom where it is safely restrained by a bar) right to the outside (not the inside, by the door hinge). Splat! Four pints of milk all over the floor. Well...about two pints actually, but I was so shocked, and with both hands full, I just stood and watched the other two pints decant from the split in the bottle.

Sigh. That'll stink for a while, esp the bit that went under the fridge freezer, which I CBA to move because it's full of the shopping I brought home.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 May 2020, 17:36:31 »

Spilt milk starts to smell like baby puke 🤢 in a few days so that will need cleaning up smartish !!

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 May 2020, 17:39:36 »

You might not smell the gone off milk due to the fact there was a stray pooch roaming around your house a couple of weeks ago   ;D
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.