Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking Ticket - Win  (Read 4031 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Parking Ticket - Win
« Reply #15 on: 08 February 2019, 21:26:03 »

Get a blue badge to deal with the council ones :-X

Difficult these days even if you have a disability.  My condition is covered by the disability act but as I can walk 200m unaided I dont qualify for a blue badge.  Admittedly I dont need it all the time, just when I need to rush to the bathroom without worrying about getting a ticket.

I’m sure you’re aware but you need to keep an eye on the situation.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 February 2019, 00:01:29 »

Why do people who park, either over time, badly, or were they shouldn't, and get a ticket, think they should not have to pay the fine, or try and appeal it.   

I have a hatred of them, especially bad Parking, encounter it every day, and it makes my job even harder, trying to find the dip-$&it who has blocked a whole road, a loading area, or a no parking turning area,. Car should be towed and crushed.... Rant over.

At least some of the bafoons take the effort to flick on their hazards first   ::) >:(  ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 February 2019, 07:27:25 »

Difficult these days even if you have a disability.  My condition is covered by the disability act but as I can walk 200m unaided I dont qualify for a blue badge.  Admittedly I dont need it all the time, just when I need to rush to the bathroom without worrying about getting a ticket.

Regularly.  No change to my local authority qualification criteria, yet.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 February 2019, 13:35:40 »

Well I dont get it, or am I just being thick.

Car is Registered to you, you did some bad Parking nonsense, you got a ticket in the post as the Registered Keeper, and you got Off it because they didnt say who the Driver was?, As if how where they suppose to know that.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2019, 22:01:23 »

Regularly.  No change to my local authority qualification criteria, yet.

It should be coming Nationwide soon... Hopefully  ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 February 2019, 22:30:38 »

Didn't know that. Will try and keep an eye on developments.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 February 2019, 12:36:30 »

Why do people who park, either over time, badly, or were they shouldn't, and get a ticket, think they should not have to pay the fine, or try and appeal it. 

I have a hatred of them, especially bad Parking, encounter it every day, and it makes my job even harder, trying to find the dip-$&it who has blocked a whole road, a loading area, or a no parking turning area,. Car should be towed and crushed.... Rant over.

Turning that on its head, why do big corporates think they should be able to invoice innocent motorists for breaking their rules, when they have suffered no tangible detriment and they have no legal right to enforce? Just because I come up with a rule that everyone who knocks on my door owes me £50, and I put it on a sign, should I be able to enforce it? Thankfully that's not the kind of society we live in.

The OP received a voluntary request for information, which he declined to provide. Simples  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 13 February 2019, 13:14:34 »

Turning that on its head, why do big corporates think they should be able to invoice innocent motorists for breaking their rules,

Well how else do you expect them to be able to pay the four directors £750k between them for the year? (Assuming I found the right accounts, and assuming "Other Creditors" means them extracting income somehow) ;) ;D

It's OK though, they recorded £4000 profit on their £1,000,000 income so .. paid no corporation tax. Neat!

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 13 February 2019, 13:19:10 »

No doubt, with tax write offs, such as four company Ferraris, the directors won't have paid much either.  ;D
We're only jealous.  :P

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 February 2019, 14:02:08 »

Turning that on its head, why do big corporates think they should be able to invoice innocent motorists for breaking their rules,

Well how else do you expect them to be able to pay the four directors £750k between them for the year? (Assuming I found the right accounts, and assuming "Other Creditors" means them extracting income somehow) ;) ;D

It's OK though, they recorded £4000 profit on their £1,000,000 income so .. paid no corporation tax. Neat!

Only £750k?  Well, no wonder they come up with such daft, legally unenforceable rules, then! If you want the best, you have to be prepared to pay the going rate. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 February 2019, 15:38:47 »

I was being slightly sarcastic... Mum walks with two sticks but can't qualify for one for similar reasons... Yet the disabled spaces at Tescos in the village are always occupied by people in their shiny Motobility cars with their badges proudly displayed and no obvious mobility concerns >:(

That said, when she's with me, I make a point of using the spaces on principle... Woe betide anyone who dares to challenge me for it. :-X
Well done you.

There is rampant abuse of Blue Badges. Two many BBs are being being used by relatives for their own benefit and not for the holder's benefit.
Motability cars are supposed to be used for the lessee's benefit. IE the person whose disabilty allowances are being used to pay for the car. Due to lax controls it's quite clear that a significant percentage of Motability cars have never even been seen by the lessee. Let alone driven in one. There's no financial incentive for Motability to enforce the rules. Their incentive is to grow the market. They are biggest purchaser of new cars in the country. And look how much the Chief Executive of a supposed charity was being paid  £1.7m with a £2.2m bonus. £1 billion in "unplanned" profit. And £2.6 billion in cash reserves. So the government starts to crack down and it will be the genuinely disabled who will suffer.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 15:43:25 by Enceladus »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.