Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Emissions fail 2l 16v  (Read 5839 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Emissions fail 2l 16v
« Reply #30 on: 04 April 2020, 10:14:35 »

Are you meaning that the new NTK sensor has an air leak in it's barrel? If so that's very odd. NTK is a reputable company, part of NGK. Are you sure it's not leaking around the crush washer? Either because the crush washer is missing, the sensor is not properly tightened into the socket, or the sensor has been over tightened damaging the washer.

For the record, who supplied the downpipe and cat with the bad welding?
[/quote]
Yes NTK sensor was leaking definitely from rubber grommet where wires go in. could i have knacked it with compressed air but didnt put huge amount of pressure in only sealed by hand and mole grips and a piece of tin over manifold connection. The cat was from All Car Parts (ACP) brand EEC . not got around to M.O.T. but now I dont need one? Thanks Covid 19. Its confusing because on 25 march government said "  All cars, vans and motorcycles which usually would require an MOT test will be exempted from needing a test from 30 March 2020" https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-owners-to-be-granted-mot-exemption-in-battle-against-coronavirus But now they say only if MOT ran out post 30th March .
[/quote]

If your car has been tested and issued with a failure sheet then it has to pass the test before it can be used no matter what date it was done :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Steveh

• Debyshire UK
    • Omega 2L 16V
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 June 2020, 15:39:07 »

Yay  :) finally got around to trying for an M.O.T. and passed  :y got to tax it now :( :)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 June 2020, 21:43:44 »

Glad you got it sorted. So it was a combination of the Lexmark sensor and exhaust leaking causing all your problems?
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

Steveh

• Debyshire UK
    • Omega 2L 16V
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 June 2020, 02:17:07 »

Hi Addy I left the leaking? sensor on (cant tell if any exhaust gas leaks seems ok)  and it passed so it was the exhaust leak. I never would have found it without taking it off using compressed air and soapy water as where it was leaking was hidden between where the two downpipes join. Got a few jobs to do on it now its worth proceeding  I ordered a new radiator as it was leaking from plastic end cap and I plastic welded it ages ago.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19 June 2020, 10:46:12 »

Are you meaning that the new NTK sensor has an air leak in it's barrel? If so that's very odd. NTK is a reputable company, part of NGK. Are you sure it's not leaking around the crush washer? Either because the crush washer is missing, the sensor is not properly tightened into the socket, or the sensor has been over tightened damaging the washer.

For the record, who supplied the downpipe and cat with the bad welding?

Yes NTK sensor was leaking definitely from rubber grommet where wires go in. could i have knacked it with compressed air but didnt put huge amount of pressure in only sealed by hand and mole grips and a piece of tin over manifold connection. The cat was from All Car Parts (ACP) brand EEC . not got around to M.O.T. but now I dont need one? Thanks Covid 19. Its confusing because on 25 march government said "  All cars, vans and motorcycles which usually would require an MOT test will be exempted from needing a test from 30 March 2020" https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-owners-to-be-granted-mot-exemption-in-battle-against-coronavirus But now they say only if MOT ran out post 30th March .
[/quote]

f your car has been tested and issued with a failure sheet then it has to pass the test before it can be used no matter what date it was done :y
[/quote]Makes sense, and is a good reason not to volunteer for an unnecessary test. My local test station rang me up recently inviting me for a test. I thanked her for the invitation, and declined. I appreciate they are short of custom now, and there may be a rush for tests eventually, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. We live in strange times.

Steveh

• Debyshire UK
    • Omega 2L 16V
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 June 2020, 22:34:11 »

Strange times Indeed Terry :o
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.