Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of fitting DRL.......thought's/advice needed  (Read 7421 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of fitting DRL.......thought's/advice needed
« Reply #45 on: 02 June 2020, 19:45:05 »

C'mon Jamie .... don't sit on the fence!  ::) ::) ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 June 2020, 19:45:12 »

So you're a bit unsure then...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02 June 2020, 20:24:36 »

I've purposely not commented on this thread thus far, as some less regular members may not be used to my somewhat forthright views and warped sense of humour.

But now is the time to state that DRLs are the work of Satan. A bloody stupid idea brought about by stupid people in power who think they can legislate against stupidity. Well, DRLs show the result of such stupidity.  Every oppswit around here drives around with not headlights/taillights on, because they don't need to because they have DRLs on their chivvied up Citroen, innit.

So the thought of retro fitting them? WTF?

So, in summary to the original post, its fair to say I am against them, both factory fit and the really crap looking retrofits.

can we add foglights(both ends) to the list? Fronts are utterly pointless, and rears are needed so rarely that we would all be better off without them.

Properly adjusted headlights with correct(and correctly fitted) bulbs would be nice too

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02 June 2020, 20:33:34 »

The DRLs on my V70 use the dipped beam headlights for the front and all the rear lighting[including number plate lights are also lit.The only thing I don't get in this mode are the little side lights and any backlighting for the dash/radio/heater controls.I can turn the DRLs off using a tiny screw in the corner of the light switch housing but I cba so they're always on.My 960 also uses the same system but a previous owner has used the little screw to turn them off and I cba to turn them on again.

STEMO

« Reply #49 on: 02 June 2020, 20:39:55 »

I've purposely not commented on this thread thus far, as some less regular members may not be used to my somewhat forthright views and warped sense of humour.

But now is the time to state that DRLs are the work of Satan. A bloody stupid idea brought about by stupid people in power who think they can legislate against stupidity. Well, DRLs show the result of such stupidity.  Every oppswit around here drives around with not headlights/taillights on, because they don't need to because they have DRLs on their chivvied up Citroen, innit.

So, in summary to the original post, its fair to say I am against them, both factory fit and the really crap looking retrofits.
I agree, they're rubbish. They hardly light up the road ahead at all when it gets dark.  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 02 June 2020, 20:53:22 »

Mmmm, wonder if Demonic Cummings could see them. ::)

dave.h

• Cumbria
    • 2.2 CDX auto/C220 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 June 2020, 02:19:17 »

Well, as it's my car and I feel they are a safety feature, I made the call.  That doesn't mean your opinion doesn't count - it very much does.  I made the post to get views, opinions, call them what you will and I am grateful for them all.

You mentioned those that run around at night with just DRL lit and that reminded me of a trip up the M6 Toll at the dead of night and someone was doing exactly that at 01:30 in pitch darkness.

I'm now starting to regret the decision to have them fitted as all you say makes a lot of sense!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to go on that counts

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03 June 2020, 09:55:54 »

Don't listen Dave they are all miserable old bullies  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

dave.h

• Cumbria
    • 2.2 CDX auto/C220 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03 June 2020, 12:59:18 »

Don't listen Dave they are all miserable old bullies  ;D

You're the only one that's seen them!

They are certainly causing some debate and that's a good thing :-)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to go on that counts

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03 June 2020, 19:34:21 »

it's my car
Exactly, and we're (usually!) a free country, and you're a grown up to do as you like :)

and I feel they are a safety feature
Just when I was starting to agree with you....  ;D
Grumpy old man

dave.h

• Cumbria
    • 2.2 CDX auto/C220 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03 June 2020, 22:31:35 »

it's my car
Exactly, and we're (usually!) a free country, and you're a grown up to do as you like :)

and I feel they are a safety feature
Just when I was starting to agree with you....  ;D

Ha ha - dropped myself right in it there ; D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.