Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hillsborough  (Read 6738 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Hillsborough
« Reply #15 on: 30 June 2018, 10:45:28 »

I dont understand how a thousand or so people who turned up without tickets intending to force their way in are not in anyway to blame?

I aggree with this, and from what I've read about the incident, was never mentioned,  its like trying to put a gallon in a pint pot, it won't fit,.
They need someone to blame for there actions,  the commander of the day opened the gates to them, and they all tried to rush in, something had to give, 
Basically who do you blame, 
The FA for insisting on pens to hold the fans, the fans who through force of numbers caused the situation,or the commander for opening the gates to allow them in, the fans will always say they did nothing wrong...

It was a tragic accident.

The problem is there are those with an agenda,

So if a1000+ without tickets hadn't been there, would it have happened.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2018, 10:48:57 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 June 2018, 12:11:14 »

Be that as it may, they lied through their teeth and put all the blame on the fans themselves. They even "leaked" to the Sun newspaper that fans were pissing on the dead bodies, just to help complete the picture of them being scum who deserved no sympathy.
To my mind, that in itself is justification for dragging them into the dock and throwing the book at them.
Bent coppers deserve the worst of punishment in my book.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 June 2018, 14:35:53 »

I dont understand how a thousand or so people who turned up without tickets intending to force their way in are not in anyway to blame?

I aggree with this, and from what I've read about the incident, was never mentioned,  its like trying to put a gallon in a pint pot, it won't fit,.
They need someone to blame for there actions,  the commander of the day opened the gates to them, and they all tried to rush in, something had to give, 
The FA for insisting on pens to hold the fans, the fans who through force of numbers caused the situation,or the commander for opening the gates to allow them in, the fans will always say they did nothing wrong...

It wasn't mentioned because there weren't 1000 ticketless fans ( Tory and press bullshit/deflection), the crush outside was because the fans with tickets weren't being processed quick enough so they opened the gates , directly opposite was the tunnel for the central pen so people naturally rushed for that as the game had kicked off already, sadly it was already full and the side pens were near empty, one copper could have stood at the central tunnel and said it's full and averted the whole disaster
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 June 2018, 15:21:06 »

Don't see what it had to do with the Tories apart from the fact they were in Govt. at the time, so probably assumed to be part of the establishment cover up.  :-\
Quite likely that the same "info" that was fed to the media from the senior Police, who were covering their arses, was also fed back up the chain to Govt. level.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 June 2018, 17:51:39 »

They were criminally negligent, lied about it , falsified evidence and officers statements ,blamed victims for their own deaths, those deaths their poor decision making caused whilst in a position of responsibility.

Yeah...it most definitely is in the public interest and most certainly for 96 families

^^This.

Agreed

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 June 2018, 19:08:15 »

Of course, without football and its associated bad behaviour, this would never have happened.  :(

Ron.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 July 2018, 11:16:27 »

A refresher should anyone require, sorry if I'm going on a bit !

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/26/hillsborough-disaster-deadly-mistakes-and-lies-that-lasted-decades

Yes  :(

As a avid football supporter who in those days, occasionally took part in rather naughty exploits while on away days, I spent years calling opps out of the scousers who was in the pen that afternoon.

A couple of years ago, I was working down at a B&Q near Watford with a scouse lad who was there and who lost his friend that day.
When he told me what REALLY went on both during and after that day, I felt physically sick  :-[ :-[

In this case, those who not only oppsed up BUT LIED should be hounded to the ends of the earth  >:( >:(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #22 on: 02 July 2018, 13:50:17 »

Unfortunately a tragedy, but also an accident  but nowadays people love to blame someone, won't make any difference to the event.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 July 2018, 14:07:50 »

Unfortunately a tragedy, but also an accident  but nowadays people love to blame someone, won't make any difference to the event.

But in this case those being blamed do have blood on their hands,no it won't make a difference to the event but justice needs to be served.

If it had been 96 attendees at a posh polo event who were crushed to death I'm sure it would have been done and dusted years ago. 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 02 July 2018, 14:35:12 »

If manslaughter by negligence is proved, then it can't have been an accident. The charge means the deaths were caused by the actions of one or more people.
Surprised at you with your background, Tilbo.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 July 2018, 14:56:32 »

This morning I spilt my rice krispies all over myself and the sofa , that was an accident 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 July 2018, 16:29:44 »

This morning I spilt my rice krispies all over myself and the sofa , that was an accident

I also had rice crispies.............and a banana.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #27 on: 02 July 2018, 19:45:17 »

Absolutely spot on ,my thoughts entirely.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 July 2018, 19:54:20 »

With the mob baying for blood, does anyone think that this guy will get a fair trial?  ???  :-\  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 July 2018, 20:26:07 »

Depends how many Everton supporters are in the jury...
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.