Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Poll

yr 2000 120k lpg conversion 3.0 ltr omega elite star silver tested certified warranted
- 6 (85.7%)
yr 2002 104k petrol 2.6 ltr mv6 omega star silver tested
- 1 (14.3%)
omega diesel of the same spec when i can find one
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 120k 3.0 ltr yr2000 lpg conversion omega elite OR 104k 2.6 mv6 yr2002. Both mint  (Read 2123 times)

looseconnection

• View Profile

i will shortly be joining the omega owners club again for the third time but would like to ask the general opinion of other members. iv'e previously owned a 2.6 omega on a 2000 reg and then a 3.2 elite on a 2003 reg. i'm now faced with the choice of the above mentioned vehicles and would like to gather everyone's opinion, so please take the time to enter your vote.
many thanks in advanced, Dean

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile

Different cars - so depends if you want to be wafted around or something a little more sporty?
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

I would go for the 3.0 elite without a second thought. 3.0 is much better than a 2.6. Its got LPG which is a big bonus. Plus the Elite is a better car in every way than an Mv6, apart from being a bit wallowy in the corners, but that's easily fixed if required.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

looseconnection

• View Profile

If I go for the elite then what do I need to do in order to get the feel of the mv6 whilst retaining the unrivalled comfort of the elite. Is it just shocks and springs or is there more I need to do. I keep reading about the sports tuned pro-drive chassis and wonder if I can still achieve the performance of the mv6 from the softer more comfie elite. Can anyone advise what else I may need to do to get the result I'm looking for. Also I'm looking for a head unit with dvd, sat-nav, TV etc that will connect and fit in with the wiring the car has or can anyone advise what I  need to do and what I need to get to fit the type of head unit I'm looking for. Thanks again in advance, Dean.

ted_one

Have a 3.2 Elite with Bilstein shocks and Irmscher springs,SWMBO says the car is comfortable to ride in and to me it handles well but I don't hoon around in it due to the amount of money spent on it. Also have a 3.2 MV6 and this one has the original police spec set up and hasn't been changed yet as it has only 80.000 miles on the clock, and again a bit firmer over the bumps but a small sacrifice for the better handling, and finally a 3.0 MV6 with Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs,again an ex police car and the ride in that one can be a bit harder than the other two, but where I live the roads are total shite and that certainly doesn't help,handles OK though.All three have had the obligatory wishbones,track rods,droplinks and steering idlers replaced but have held back on the polybush route,but then again, others have done them and there hasn't been any negative feedback so far.Hope this helps a bit :y

05omegav6

If the MV6 is £1795 and at a garage in Slough, avoid it... the only proof of servicing is a set of dubious stamps in the service book... no corroberating paperwork. The description is a work of fiction.

The Elite would be a much better buy of the two. Have voted accordingly  :y

looseconnection

• View Profile

well that just goes to show how invaluable this forum is to honest people, my thanks and much appreciation goes to the senior member, Taxi Al, for advising me of the con merchant in slough. his actual asking price was £1750 but after speaking to him on the phone last night and hearing loads of 'Bla Bla Bla' (you know what i mean), he reduced to £1650. i also appreciate every other member who has offered guidance and advice to me. Hopefully soon i will once again be the proud owner of one of these fabulous machines. regards Dean.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

I think the 3.0l is the best engine fitted to Omegas. Similar, if not fractionally better performance than the 3.2, and better economy.  Obviously if economy is most important, then a manual diesel is the way forward.

Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.