Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 Monza. SPOILER ALERT !  (Read 3800 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: F1 Monza. SPOILER ALERT !
« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2020, 21:15:46 »

Like him or not, Hamilton is an a class of his own. He will be the most successful F1 driver in history by the end of this season.
If anyone wanted to argue he is the best of all time, I couldnt think of anything to counter it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 September 2020, 22:05:09 »

Talent notwithstanding, his actions off the track show him walking a treacherous path. Formula 1 used to be about the cars and the drivers, not a political statement.

Instead of wearing Antifa propaganda and kneeling on the neck of wokeness, he would be better to use what's left of his hard earned influence as a UNICEF envoy :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 September 2020, 23:46:02 »

Im no big fan of his politics either. I think he is well meaning, but misguided. I separate it from the racing driver though. In that sphere he is without fault or weakness, and imo vastly underrated in his home country.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2020, 23:54:37 »

If he simply turned up and drove he would be more respected and would be more popular.

Unfortunately his very public choices off the track are most off putting*, and lately they have been starting to impact his image on the track.

*How many lefty left liberals are genuine F1 fans? Not his target audience, yet here we are watching prima donnas the world over kneeling every time someone sneezes :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 September 2020, 12:35:43 »

Must admit that the "Taking a Knee" before every football match is getting, for me, a tad tedious.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 September 2020, 12:43:19 »

In time it will fade, as fashion always does, and be replaced with something else.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 September 2020, 12:50:31 »

I hope so...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 September 2020, 13:03:57 »

Talent notwithstanding, his actions off the track show him walking a treacherous path. Formula 1 used to be about the cars and the drivers, not a political statement.

Instead of wearing Antifa propaganda and kneeling on the neck of wokeness, he would be better to use what's left of his hard earned influence as a UNICEF envoy :-X

Yes.......great at driving fast in a circle.

I really do not want his political views shoved down my throat though. BLM is far from innocent with a barely hidden political agenda of it's own.

Quite why a tooth and claw capitalist earning forty million a year insists on bending a knee for a dangerous marxist group like BLM is beyond me.  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 September 2020, 13:25:09 »

Im pretty sure he is far too naive and lacking in real life experience to understand the wider implications of the whole thing.
He simply thinks that as a very high profile black man he should try and do something to help, rather than just ignore the whole issue and remain remote from it.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 September 2020, 13:38:21 »

Im pretty sure he is far too naive and lacking in real life experience to understand the wider implications of the whole thing.
He simply thinks that as a very high profile black man he should try and do something to help, rather than just ignore the whole issue and remain remote from it.

I really hope this is the case.

I don't know if it is merely my imagination, but by his appearance and actions he seems to want to distance himself from his white half.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 September 2020, 14:22:45 »

He could, rightly, be a role model for hard work and determination to get to where he has. Getting anywhere near a one make race, let alone F1, is an achievement by itself regardless of social origins. He isn't where he is because or inspite of his genetics, but because he put the effort in to get there.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 September 2020, 16:40:23 »

I also suspect that at the time, Bernie may have thought it would be advantageous to have a blck guy in F1 for the first time, to assist in its growing global appeal.
He was a very shrewd operator and if it suited his agenda previously not have black drivers in F1 he wouldnt have thought twice about keeping them out. At that point in time, he may have thought it good marketing to have one in a car.
He had no problems in dealing with the apartheid regime in South Africa back in the day, or sitting in the stands with his good buddy Putin more recently.
He doesnt have scruples, only a great nose for how to generate big bucks.
Regardless of that, whatever the reason Hamilton was given the chance, he certainly made the most of it when it came along.
I think he is aware of being fortunate enough to have been born with a great talent and work ethic, but probably believes that, certainly earlier in his career, he wouldnt have had to work so hard for it had he been white.
Its probably a fair point, but it also needs to be borne in mind, that a couple of decades previously it would have been hard to imagine a black driver in F1 at all.
When he was karting as a kid he says he remembers being stared at, and him and his Dad sitting spereate from all the white folk who seemd to want to keep their distance.
In a mostly middle class, rich kids sport like motorsport, I can easily picture the scene. And imagine how it might give a kid a bit of a chip on their shoulder
 I can remember reading articles which suggested that black people probably didnt have the physical attributes required to be great drivers. Just as they apparently cant be great swimmers and white people cant often beat black people at at running.
So, whatever the reason, progress has certainly been made, and more can still be made, after Hamilton breaking the ice for other aspiring black kids with real talent.
Maybe its a matter of the manner in which it is made might determine how happy all concerned are at the end of the process ?

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 September 2020, 21:33:06 »

Early days when he was on the climb he was sufferable , now irrespective how good he is he's anything but .
I don't like him .
A non political sport but his ego makes him think he owns it and can do what he wishes .
Wear your tee shirts away from the races son , you're pissin' us off .
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/54152046

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 September 2020, 21:41:04 »

Not sure its his ego. I think that he believes (however naively) that its his moral duty to use his position as a platform of support against injustice.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 September 2020, 22:07:13 »

Not sure its his ego. I think that he believes (however naively) that its his moral duty to use his position as a platform of support against injustice.
I agree with Don, if he had any sense of moral obligation, then he would be visibly using his money to support worthwhile causes. Whomever has his ear is leading him wrong and, because he can drive a car with talent, he thinks that gives him the right to drive a bandwagon whilst he's at it.

As soon as the sponsors start to lose money from his behaviour, then he'll be out on his arse, and however loudly he might protest about it, it will be his own fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.