Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another lockdown on the way.  (Read 3955 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Another lockdown on the way.
« on: 18 September 2020, 13:38:11 »

Just caught the tail end of the news , sounded like another full lockdown could be imposed due to huge increase in the virus. What was on the news last night about testing sounded farcical.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Another lockdown on the way.
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2020, 15:06:08 »

Best dust the caravan off and go somewhere remote to socially distance yourself  ;D

There would be better testing availability if people had to pay for tests in order to go on holiday :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2020, 15:59:40 »

May well do that , out in the open away from folk 😎
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2020, 20:43:18 »

I am still locked down from the 1st round. :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2020, 09:25:46 »

I am still locked down from the 1st round. :-X

We had been at home since March everything being delivered to our house, so at the end of August went to Perranporth in Cornwall to our Daughters farm took the caravan as the house is having extensive work carried out, it was great having a change of scenery for a few days lots of walking along the coastline. Will probably head down there next week as I am helping the son in law with the outbuildings.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2020, 09:28:27 »

Good for you. If everyone took responsibility and observed social distancing then transmission would reduce. I suppose it is human nature that a large swathe of society expects rules  which they can then interpret to their advantage.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2020, 09:35:49 »

Good for you. If everyone took responsibility and observed social distancing then transmission would reduce. I suppose it is human nature that a large swathe of society expects rules  which they can then interpret to their advantage.

It's great as we hadn't seen them since Christmas and we had promised to help them get the place in order it's quite remote but the surrounding area can only be described as stunning .

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2020, 09:49:20 »

We were discussing this last night when out for dinner . It was apparant that the transmission opportunities when sitting in our local pub were enormous even though the owner over complied with the required rules . Our conclusion was that we should prepare for a household lockdown again.
Mrs Olympia ,who is type 2 diabetic and suffers from an immune disorder , is working from home and will be for as long as necessary ,I've retired now and therefore there is no obstacles to shutting the world out annd going back to the one trip to town a week again.
I was given this by a client/friend who is using it for business projections for a company he is a director for . As the retired CEO of https://www.subsea7.com/en/about-us.html I take his advice and comments seriously and believe , like it or not , that we are in this for the long haul.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02278-5

Listening to the news this am it's not sounding good .

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2020, 09:57:09 »

Not sure how much a group of upto six (unless from the same household) can really be 'interpreted'  ???

Hoping to be finally back at work next month, but that's now not looking likely >:( Given free choice I would have carried on working through from March 23rd, likewise the chap I work with.

Hopefully, the next lockdown will be either with a strict curfew or preferably under martial law... If no one is allowed out of the house for two weeks, then there shouldn't be any more cases after that, even if it takes another month after that to reopen the borders.

Getting sick of Scotland and Wales bitching about having to make their own decisions... They wanted devolution, so they can damn well accept the responsibility it brings.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2020, 11:31:04 »

We were discussing this last night when out for dinner . It was apparant that the transmission opportunities when sitting in our local pub were enormous even though the owner over complied with the required rules . Our conclusion was that we should prepare for a household lockdown again.
Mrs Olympia ,who is type 2 diabetic and suffers from an immune disorder , is working from home and will be for as long as necessary ,I've retired now and therefore there is no obstacles to shutting the world out annd going back to the one trip to town a week again.
I was given this by a client/friend who is using it for business projections for a company he is a director for . As the retired CEO of https://www.subsea7.com/en/about-us.html I take his advice and comments seriously and believe , like it or not , that we are in this for the long haul.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02278-5

Listening to the news this am it's not sounding good .

Quite agree definitely here for some time yet, the wife retired in 2017 & I decided to retire as soon as lockdown commenced fortunately we both have excellent pensions so financially it has made no difference to us, I am also type 2 Diabetic so it's a case of being sensible no crowded areas etc. We both enjoy the simple things in life so the lockdown for us has been easier  compared to some , if all travel is halted we will just stay in Cornwall until it's lifted, we are purchasing 10 acres of adjoining land attached to her farm so I can amuse myself..😀
« Last Edit: 19 September 2020, 11:36:09 by Rangie »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2020, 12:09:24 »

People are stupid, you can make as many rules and have as many lockdowns as you like
BUT....
people will break the rules and lockdowns ,either deliberately, or because they simply don't understand or "forget" social distancing,hand washing and safe practice.

all we can do now is take personal responsibility to keep ourselves as safe as is practicably possible and advise family and friends the same.

With more and more workload on police trying to enforce Covid restrictions  whilst already overstretched with social and mental health and other problems ,criminals will and are taking advantage ,helped by everyone wearing masks ,so no one is identifiable ,and even if they where ,the lefty liberal society we live in offers no deterrent .

Good luck and stay safe everyone

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2020, 13:42:11 »

Not sure how much a group of upto six (unless from the same household) can really be 'interpreted'  ???

Hoping to be finally back at work next month, but that's now not looking likely >:( Given free choice I would have carried on working through from March 23rd, likewise the chap I work with.

Hopefully, the next lockdown will be either with a strict curfew or preferably under martial law... If no one is allowed out of the house for two weeks, then there shouldn't be any more cases after that, even if it takes another month after that to reopen the borders.

Getting sick of Scotland and Wales bitching about having to make their own decisions... They wanted devolution, so they can damn well accept the responsibility it brings.

On the BBC some youngsters said they went out in groups of three or four and then amalgamated. There is n example of inntepretation
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2020, 14:06:05 »

If the first lockdown didn't work then why on earth do they think a second one will?  Look at France.  They had a far more draconian lockdown than we did and look where they are now.  Then look at Sweden.  ::)

As to testing, what the agenda driven British media don't tell us is that the UK's testing rate is one of the highest in the world, but because the great entitled British public demand that little Jonnie is tested because he has a runny nose, the system can't cope with the demand.   ::)

Meanwhile in normal times 450 people die of cancer each and every day, a figure that is going up as people with curable cancers have been abandoned by the NHS and have become terminal cases.  :'(  Then there's all the extra people dying from heart attacks, strokes, suicide and all the other things people routinely expire from, all because of a disease that although highly infectious is fatal to a tiny percentage of all cases.  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2020, 14:52:18 »

If the first lockdown didn't work then why on earth do they think a second one will?  Look at France.  They had a far more draconian lockdown than we did and look where they are now.  Then look at Sweden.  ::)

As to testing, what the agenda driven British media don't tell us is that the UK's testing rate is one of the highest in the world, but because the great entitled British public demand that little Jonnie is tested because he has a runny nose, the system can't cope with the demand.   ::)

Meanwhile in normal times 450 people die of cancer each and every day, a figure that is going up as people with curable cancers have been abandoned by the NHS and have become terminal cases.  :'(  Then there's all the extra people dying from heart attacks, strokes, suicide and all the other things people routinely expire from, all because of a disease that although highly infectious is fatal to a tiny percentage of all cases.  :-X

It's the start of the cull, to eliminate the weak and feeble, that cost NHS,  and others that cause a drain on resources.
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2020, 14:56:43 »

It's the start of the cull, to eliminate the weak and feeble, that cost NHS,  and others that cause a drain on resources.

If only we could put them in their own building, preferably near the river in London and fancy looking so it was easy to spot. Then we could euthanise them all for our own good.....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.