Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the BBC in danger being over run by non white presenters  (Read 4244 times)

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
Is the BBC in danger being over run by non white presenters
« on: 19 September 2020, 17:56:04 »

I don't normally get involved in this sort of thing and not sure if this has not already been covered on OOF,  . . .but reports I have read /heard say that Sue  Barker , Matt & Tuffers  from Question of Sport are all being sacked /put out to grass by the BBC.
Names in the hat for new presenter and a team captain appear to be  Alex Scott  and Jermaine Jenus. ?
Not too impressed with that after Ms. Scott's  previous attempts to pull the racist card and voice her opinion on that  at every available opportunity .
I am now wondering if the London Mayor may be asked to captain a team  ::) ::)

IMO    Q of Sport is a very enjoyable light hearted programme , enjoyed by all who watch it .  Who is calling the shots these days at the Beeb ?  >:( >:( >:( >:(
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Is the BBC in danger being over run by non white presenters
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2020, 18:50:13 »

I don't normally get involved in this sort of thing and not sure if this has not already been covered on OOF,  . . .but reports I have read /heard say that Sue  Barker , Matt & Tuffers  from Question of Sport are all being sacked /put out to grass by the BBC.
Names in the hat for new presenter and a team captain appear to be  Alex Scott  and Jermaine Jenus. ?
Not too impressed with that after Ms. Scott's  previous attempts to pull the racist card and voice her opinion on that  at every available opportunity .

IMO    Q of Sport was a very enjoyable light hearted programme , enjoyed by all who watch it .  Who is calling the shots these days at the Beeb ?  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Fixed :'(

The only telly box I watch is Quest/DMax, things like the A Team/Knight Rider/Airwolf, A Place in the Sun and the occasional film.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2020, 20:34:29 »

I started a thread recently suggesting that the number of black people in British adverts is not representative of the number of black people in the UK.......which is around 3.5% black and 7.5% Asian.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2020, 20:54:22 »

I didn't get the "black lives matter" thing till i remembered  British Standard BS 7671
in 2004 cable conductor identification colours where "harmonised"
so the neutral used to be identified with BLACK sleave on the conductor
post 2004 Neutral is blue
BLACK is L2 (a live phase conductor) :o  shocking if you forget
so BLACK LIVES
i get it now  :)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2020, 08:42:46 »

Typical BBC, if it isn't broke - break it!
I like red cars

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2020, 12:14:04 »

IMO    Q of Sport was a very enjoyable light hearted programme , enjoyed by all who watch it .  Who is calling the shots these days at the Beeb ?  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Fixed :'(

The only telly box I watch is Quest/DMax, things like the A Team/Knight Rider/Airwolf, A Place in the Sun and the occasional film.

That's interesting 'cause that ,and some old stuff off Youtube ,is the route I seem to be going down...

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2020, 12:29:52 »

You don't need a TV license, if you don't watch Terrestrial TV, so just get a Netflix, now TV, and stream. If you use I-player you need a license.

I didn't have a license for years, as I was hardly ever in, and had a proper Dish, with all the trick bits,   Now days it's all available on line with the right box.
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 September 2020, 13:40:40 »

You don't need a TV license, if you don't watch Terrestrial TV, so just get a Netflix, now TV, and stream. If you use I-player you need a license.

I didn't have a license for years, as I was hardly ever in, and had a proper Dish, with all the trick bits,   Now days it's all available on line with the right box.

So you never watch live TV? :o :o

If you watch live TV on any device, via any service, you DO need a TV licence.

Is just £3 per week so much and is too much to pay for everything that live tv gives you? ::) ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2020, 13:43:03 »

There is definitely a case to be made, whites are not being properly represented. One would think whites are a minority as far as the BBC  and others are concerned, same thing with all the queers taking over the airwaves too. 90 odd percent of my viewing is documentaries though so thankfully I can avoid most of the crap.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2020, 13:45:19 »

Just to add I’m pretty open minded but I don’t like having that rubbish on nearly every channel.
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2020, 14:24:11 »

Is just £3 per week so much and is too much to pay for everything that live tv gives you? ::) ::)
Youtube is free. Place in the Sun is on catch up, again free. TuneIn radio is paid for by adverts, so free. Netflix is £12 a month, and unlimited.

The BBC is actually a commercial company in that it sells/recieves revenue from the international rights to its production, that was paid for by the forced TV licence. So there is a valid case for it to be self funded like any other commercial enterprise  :-X

By contrast, Netflix content is purely paid for from subscription as government subsidy would be against competition laws. Likewise Sky is funded by subscriptions and advertising revenue. Now is basically a cut back dish free Sky subsidiary.

And you certainly don't need the BBC for 'news'  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2020, 14:36:29 »

For the vast majority of my adult life I have always endorsed the BBC, and believed it to offer an objective and impartial view of the world. I believed it to be fair and balanced.

Not now though. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 September 2020, 14:39:34 »

It's become a self important institution, and needs culling. Sky isn't much better :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 September 2020, 17:17:02 »

If somebody in the house didn't watch enders, the TV license would be unpaid, I can quite happily survive on stream shows, and such like...  I don't like the way The msm channels have gone, they way they report, and force there veiws upon people.
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 September 2020, 17:24:05 »

If somebody in the house didn't watch enders, the TV license would be unpaid, I can quite happily survive on stream shows, and such like...  I don't like the way The msm channels have gone, they way they report, and force there veiws upon people.

I don't watch this badly acted and scripted crap. The same goes for the badly acted and scripted northern version on ITV.

I did briefly see a huge black woman mural  on 'Enders' which is just  BBC falling over itself to be  'politically correct'....... :-\ :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 September 2020, 17:44:56 »

I don't watch this badly acted and scripted crap. The same goes for the badly acted and scripted northern version on ITV.

I did briefly see a huge black woman mural  on 'Enders' which is just  BBC falling over itself to be  'politically correct'....... :-\ :-X

I noticed the same piece of blatant racial correctness,
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 September 2020, 17:45:28 »

So you do watch it ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2020, 18:19:26 »

Is just £3 per week so much and is too much to pay for all the left wing propaganda the BBC forces on you? ::) ::)

Ftfy.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2020, 19:15:04 »

So you do watch it ;D

Herself never misses it, so it's on.
When I'm about my business it's normally Netflix, fully surround sound in the Volvo 8),,,,or I read a book, if I can be bothering to put the TV on normally it's quest or Dmax.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2020, 19:24:18 »

Life without Fast and Loud and Barnwood Builders would never be the same :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2020, 20:16:58 »

Life without Fast and Loud and Barnwood Builders would never be the same :D

Rust valley restorers is good.. Having watched a few programs filmed in Canada, I'm of the thinking they are a bit bonkers. Hence good TV.
Hoof'land storeman.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 September 2020, 21:34:31 »

Then there’s gold divers, deadliest catch 8)
Laying a rubber road.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 September 2020, 00:44:39 »

Nag Nag Naga Munchetty on £195k bless her  :-*
She says  BBC presenters are not there simply to read out  the news like robots
WRONG she thinks she`s bigger then the corporation,  I can see a one woman show on the horizon & a starting salary of at least a £million  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 September 2020, 01:12:00 »

Nag Nag Naga Munchetty on £195k bless her  :-*
She says  BBC presenters are not there simply to read out  the news like robots
WRONG she thinks she`s bigger then the corporation,  I can see a one woman show on the horizon & a starting salary of at least a £million  ::)
Perhaps if they actually employed journalists, she might have a case... But she won't be getting a million pound show of her own anytime soon, because no one would actually watch it... no viewers = no revenue = no job.

A Newsreaders sole purpose in life is to, surprise surprise, read the news. Certainly give it a personal edge, although that's a bit 'local newsy', but ultimately read it out without opinion and pay some talking heads to ask the tricky questions on programmes such as Newsnight or On the Record.

The issue is partly a generational one, but you wouldn't catch Nicholas Witchell/Trevor MacDonald/Sue Lawley et al behaving like the current lot do or even being allowed to in the first place. The only reason Paxman got away with being like he was with people was because he wasn't reading the news.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 September 2020, 09:56:13 »

A Newsreaders sole purpose in life is to, surprise surprise, read the news. Certainly give it a personal edge, although that's a bit 'local newsy', but ultimately read it out without opinion and pay some talking heads to ask the tricky questions on programmes such as Newsnight or On the Record.

The issue is partly a generational one, but you wouldn't catch Nicholas Witchell/Trevor MacDonald/Sue Lawley et al behaving like the current lot do or even being allowed to in the first place. The only reason Paxman got away with being like he was with people was because he wasn't reading the news.

I'm intrigued to see if newsreaders in human form survive the next 10-20 years. Given the way AI is moving, together with the growing ability of computers to generate, render and animate increasingly real human forms, I'm wondering how long it will be before we have computers reading the news to us.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 September 2020, 13:20:07 »

The BBC is as left wing as Fox news is right wing. Neither position is desirable.

The problem is that people tend to believe the 'integrity' of the BBC as being balanced as honest. Which it isn't.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 September 2020, 13:22:41 »

Fox isn't that far to the right of centre, it's more that everyone else has gone left of Lenin and Mao...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 September 2020, 13:40:08 »

Fox isn't that far to the right of centre, it's more that everyone else has gone left of Lenin and Mao...

They have some attractive leggy blonde presenters..... ;) Which helps.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 September 2020, 13:53:17 »

I don't think that the US media outlets are necessarily far left or far right, rather that they are extremely closely aligned to the Dem/Rep political parties and toe the party line in a way that the UK news outlets tend not to do.

The BBC in particular often makes itself look foolish in pursuit of 'Balance'.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 September 2020, 14:34:15 »

I don't think that the US media outlets are necessarily far left or far right, rather that they are extremely closely aligned to the Dem/Rep political parties and toe the party line in a way that the UK news outlets tend not to do.

The BBC in particular often makes itself look foolish in pursuit of 'Balance'.
No mention of anything more than 'peaceful protests' after 100+ nights of rioting in Portland, yet one person deposited a poo on Nancy Pelosis' drive and you'd be forgiven for thinking that he had tried to butcher Mother Theresa judgung by the reactions from CNN/NBC...  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 23 September 2020, 17:53:47 »

I quite like Mishal Husain.  :-*
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 September 2020, 18:48:15 »

I quite like Mishal Husain:-*

Yes....nice milf. :-*
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.