Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dashcam Query  (Read 3527 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Re: Dashcam Query
« Reply #15 on: 09 May 2017, 22:02:39 »

And I totally agree. Those going under the limit when conditions allow are a real pain! :y

That's where the kick down switch comes in handy... When conditions allow naturally  ;)

I bought a new Dash camera in December to replace the front Transcend DrivePro 200 camera, The Transcend was a great camera for the money £59 back in 2014 with no issues. But it had one major flaw for me seen as the car wasn't used daily.. Roughly after 3-5 days of no use the camera would forget the time/date. Apart from that i couldn't fault it, Maybe it was on the large side so you'd ideally need to remove it when parked up. It even has WiFi connectivity with your smartphone to live stream footage, view clips, edit settings etc... Which for the price was good at the time.. The main thing though was the reliability that's what you need. Something you can just forget while it does it's thing in the background.

The camera I replaced the Transcend with was a unheard of brand to me, But apparently a well known brand in Australia. It's a Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 it's a very compact size, Completely discreet it cannot be seen from the outside as easily compared to most dash cameras... It's got a Novatek 96655 Processor with Sony IMX322 CMOS Sensor, 7 element (6 glass + IR cut filter), F/2.0 all metal lens and lens base, Medium-Wide 135 degrees diagonal, 112 degrees horizontal. It has excellent night viewing very clear. Daylight is also excellent. Every number plate is visible. It can also take up to a 128gb micro SD card so can hold plenty of footage before looping. Overall very happy with it. No WiFi connectivity unfortunately though. Comes with 24 months warranty.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 May 2017, 23:14:57 »

Yer I`ve seen this overtaking manouvre before, where they race up behind you.
Some also flash their lights & hit the horn, it`s designed to get you to pull over; so I guess it worked  ;D

Apart from your present camera setup  :y I`ve dabbled with the driver POV camera
Watch the following video which catches a  white BMW SUV almost side swiping the camera car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGRzWFJsJg

The POV camera is clearly a wide angle lens, but look how close that beemer was.
The additional clip at the end is a shot from his windscreen camera, which indicates how close the Beemer was; but has less of an impact then the POV camera.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 May 2017, 23:55:18 »

Bad example... if he'd bothered looking he would have seen the BMW next to him as they came out of the left turn... should have merged in turn behind it like everyone else was doing ::)

Point is camera never lies, and often will see things that we would prefer it not to ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2017, 00:27:12 »

Bad example... if he'd bothered looking he would have seen the BMW next to him as they came out of the left turn... should have merged in turn behind it like everyone else was doing ::)

Point is camera never lies, and often will see things that we would prefer it not to ;)

I think you`re missing the point .........golf clap  ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6v4T3VT7I

« Last Edit: 10 May 2017, 00:32:10 by 78bex »

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2017, 01:54:59 »

have to agree with dg for once, cam car should have given way and filtered in politely if this yellow sign means what i think it does: https://youtu.be/XRGRzWFJsJg?t=8
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.