Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honest John and guess what  (Read 1470 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Honest John and guess what
« on: 15 May 2017, 18:34:22 »

An old Omega ! (Daily Telegraph 13th May) Interesting him saying "highly regarded" some years ago he gave them a right old slating if I recall. Ah well, things change

Will this push prices up ?

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

Re: Honest John and guess what
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2017, 19:36:04 »

Yeah......from £100 to £105.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2017, 20:00:46 »

Of course Omega prices will increase...the price of scrap is on the up ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2017, 20:25:54 »

I will trust Honest John's opinion; it suits me ;D ;D :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2017, 20:26:55 »

Goddamit! I always sell too soon!!  >:(  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2017, 20:42:39 »

Give it another 20years or so!!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2017, 20:50:08 »

Not in my lifetime 😀😀😀

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2017, 20:56:06 »

A quick 'glimpse into the future' looking at what ebay offers for Carltons...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cars-Motorcycles-Vehicles/9800/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=vauxhall+carlton

and Sennys...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=vauxhall+carlton&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=9800&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC2.A0.H0.Xvauxhall+senator.TRS0&_nkw=vauxhall+senator&_sacat=9800

The only one on that list that really goes much above £1k is £2300-odd, but that was a late-model 3.0 24v CD Senator. Even type in Vauxhall Cresta and an ultra-rare PC model went for only £3700.

But I've always though classic Vauxhalls a bargain. The spares are often a pain to get hold of, not as plentiful as say Frod or BMC group cars, but still a bargain.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2017, 21:02:35 »

A quick 'glimpse into the future' looking at what ebay offers for Carltons...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cars-Motorcycles-Vehicles/9800/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=vauxhall+carlton

and Sennys...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=vauxhall+carlton&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=9800&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC2.A0.H0.Xvauxhall+senator.TRS0&_nkw=vauxhall+senator&_sacat=9800

The only one on that list that really goes much above £1k is £2300-odd, but that was a late-model 3.0 24v CD Senator. Even type in Vauxhall Cresta and an ultra-rare PC model went for only £3700.

But I've always though classic Vauxhalls a bargain. The spares are often a pain to get hold of, not as plentiful as say Frod or BMC group cars, but still a bargain.

My present problem with a stupid tuppeny happeny top hat seal shows how bad things will get for our omegas, for the want of small parts, or larger electronic ones the marque will slowly but surely die IMHO now that there is no support for them. OK .. it "might" be possible to get some bits made .. but at what cost ? or are we going to be forced to "bodge" things to keep them running ?   :(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2017, 21:59:50 »

Ah you need the windows10 version sir. Windows omega not supported anymore so vulnerable.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2017, 22:14:33 »

You mean less vulnerable  ;)

It's not like anyone can remotely hack an Omega compared to these newer cars, Wasn't there something in the news awhile ago about a Jeep or something being hacked and the car crashed?... Not to mention the self driving cars etc.. Fun times ahead, Fun times ahead.......  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2017, 19:57:17 »

Oh, Jesus, the whole 'driverless cars' and getting hacked is frankly terrifying, indeed. If someone thinks its funny to hack the NHS, then that same person will think nothing of causing mass death on the roads for 'lols'... and that's before we consider organised Terrorism. Anyway...

Sadly the world is full of re-manufactured stuff for almost all the major Marques... but not the Griffin. The ABS has procured some repair panels for the Monza/Royale which is to be completely applauded, given the tiny tiny number of cars we're talking about versus, say MGBs, Minors, Minis etc... HTs, (canister) oil filters and so forth will always be available, they can be made in your shed. But ABS ECUs, crank sensors, and even ye olde top hat seal is a little trickier to envisage those being remade.

I say just be vigilant with Dealers clearing out old stock over the next few years, now's the time to get these things.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.