Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Code 89, and now 135  (Read 3376 times)

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
Re: Code 89, and now 135
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2007, 23:31:35 »

Sounds like a plan.  I would be interested to hear how you get on with removing the sensors from their respective downpipes.  Remember that the are very Fragile when removing them.

Two other thoughts - are you sure that the wiring from the sensor to the loom is not suspect?  Check to see that there are no cuts in the wires, the wire is not rubbing on the chassis / engine etc.  Sometimes the sensors can appear to have failed as there is no earth.  You may be lucky and find that if you loosen the sensor, clean up the threads removing any corrosion that you may find, and refitting it, the earth will be restored and the sensor works again.  Worth a go and won't cost you anything.

Hope this helps.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 July 2007, 00:21:39 »

Dunno if it has any bearing, but before the lambda sensor went tits I was checking and tightening the breathers at the back of the plenum. On starting the next morning the EML was on and the 89lambda came up on the paperclip. Before messing with the breathers this the EML wasnt on! So I was wondering if there is anything behind the plenum that I may have pulled or knocked to cause the 89 lambda!
Just a thought before i try to take the lambda of and clean it up in the morning.

Oh and which is lambda 1, and which is 2?
« Last Edit: 16 July 2007, 00:22:50 by Owen »

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 July 2007, 16:01:00 »

No lambda's at the scrappy, no cash left in the car pot, no choice but to sell, what a waste! :(

luv_my_mv6

• Northwood (London)
  • Just one thing after another
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 July 2007, 16:22:03 »

Im off down the scrappy tomorrow, i'll have a look at the car I got my 3.0 MID from, didnt have engine, but sure exhaust was there, if the lambda's are there i'll get both for you......

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2007, 17:09:12 »

Much appreciated matey :y
But to be honest, not that Im able to but i get the Lambda done, and its prety much a dead cert that theres just somthing else waiting to go wrong the following day. Typical of the fukin luck we have had lately! So although Ive done a lot on the car in the last few weeks, and I realy like the car, its going mate! Just spent £52, which is a small fortune to us, on the crank sensor hoping that would sort a few things out, and all it did was take the 19 fault code away and nothing else changed. I guess there are those that would say, 'If you cant afford to run a car, dont' but we can, just afford to run a motor, but can no longer afford to constantly spend out on it. Its cleaned us out and we got no futher foward with it. Its realy important that we have a reliable car for our boys needs so I got to bite the bullet on this one

But cheers for the thought matey ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2007, 17:12:26 »

These codes would not worry me to much as given the history, its possible the sensor is simply sooted up a bit.

Some driving about would probably clear the fault......as the code basically means the sensor is responding slowly so it thinks the heater is not working (it cant check heater operation)

luv_my_mv6

• Northwood (London)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 July 2007, 17:19:21 »

:y No problem mate, if you do keep it by any chance, just let me know as I dont mind helping if I can..... if I got em for you I wouldnt want any money besides posting or I could meet you somewhere  ;)
 If you are selling it, I wish you all the best and hope it makes you some profit  :)
  John

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 July 2007, 19:07:57 »

:
 If you are selling it, I wish you all the best and hope it makes you some profit  :)
  John

Cheers John, no profit to be made matey. Have put it up for 825 which doesnt even cover what I have spent on it after purchase price, but i dont recon I would get much more than that fo rit anyways
« Last Edit: 16 July 2007, 19:09:31 by Owen »

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2007, 10:28:51 »

Sorry to hear this mate - have you not though about doing what Marks DTM says?  He is usually if not always right in what he says..

Just a thought.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 July 2007, 13:15:04 »

Sorry to hear this mate - have you not though about doing what Marks DTM says?  He is usually if not always right in what he says..

Just a thought.

Yup I know, all of the advice Ive had of Marks been sound, took it on a 40mile jaunt yesterday and it made no differance matey. ::)
Just been offered £500 for it though, told the guy to go buy a scateboard for that! ;D
« Last Edit: 17 July 2007, 13:16:56 by Owen »

luv_my_mv6

• Northwood (London)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 July 2007, 13:23:56 »

Any idea what car your gonna get next Owen? if you sold your current meega, you could pick up another bargain, just make sure you give it a good test drive and inspection, since you have come across many common probs with that omega, you will know where to look on faults with a new one   :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 July 2007, 13:27:22 »

Lambda sensors can sometimes be revived by taking them out and heating the tip in a gas flame (i.e. on a kitchen hob or using a blowtorch).

However, if they've been in there for a long time, there is a risk of knackering them while taking them out. Hot exhaust gas will probably do just as good a job. If you can give it a long motorway run it may help.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 July 2007, 13:42:52 »

Any idea what car your gonna get next Owen? if you sold your current meega, you could pick up another bargain, just make sure you give it a good test drive and inspection, since you have come across many common probs with that omega, you will know where to look on faults with a new one   :y

Would idealy love another meega, age unimportant as long as its a good one, but will go over the next one with a fine tooth comb now I know a little about what makes them tick. Thats if I get 800 for this one. If I find another and there a forum member in that area I recon it would be wise to ask them to look with me.

Wish I had the confidence to take out the Lambda's but yesturday I tried to take one from a V6 Vectra in the scrappy, just to see how easy it was. Got it to turn freely, but couldnt undo it all the way, it just got tighter the more i tried to loosen it. So im hessitant to even try the ones on my meega incase i break somthing, which I realy dont need when im trying to sel it.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 July 2007, 13:46:00 »

Lambda sensors can sometimes be revived by taking them out and heating the tip in a gas flame (i.e. on a kitchen hob or using a blowtorch).

However, if they've been in there for a long time, there is a risk of knackering them while taking them out. Hot exhaust gas will probably do just as good a job. If you can give it a long motorway run it may help.

Kevin

Cleaning in an ultrasonic bath works much better.....can also fix the ones damaged by poor supermarket petrol to.

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 July 2007, 13:51:20 »

Out of curriousity is there some knack to getting them out?? When I tried it on that scrappy vecy I loosened it, and could turn it with me hand, but just a few inches worth either way,  but after futher turning it just tightened and locked, so much so me ring spanner broke on it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.