Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.  (Read 14000 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.
« Reply #120 on: 07 February 2019, 16:44:00 »

I've lived in Ireland for many years now. It's only since the advent of Brexit that I've seen, read and heard a deep and well rooted vitriol towards the Brits .
The Irish I know and live amongst are warm hearted and very friendly but the country a a whole has an embedded dislike bordering on hatred for the Brits . This , I believe , is fueled by a constant drip feed of images , commemorations and reflections on the famine of 170 years ago . A period of 4 to 5 years that elevated the Brits to a position of disdain that even the Einsatzgruppen couldn't dream of. If you couple this with the events of 100 years ago where they achieved Sovereignty from Britain there is a reservoir of historical collective dislike easily tapped into as and when required.
The country , as a whole , is in a collective mess with desperate housing shortages, health service failings of a monumental scale , ongoing widespread police corruption , despictable deeds commited by the Catholic church upon the neediest of people but ignored by a state that goes hand in hand with the perpetrators , a political elite that believe they are world players  fuelled by the over taxation of 4 million people and so much  much more . You will not read of this in the UK because , well , because Eire doesn't matter to the UK in reality.
In the past the bufoon like leaders focused on their own post official wealth and prior to the advent of social media and the only alternative being  two channel state TV, was nigh on impossible for the electorate to grasp what they were actually doing day to day.
Varadker is different , he has to divert attention from the morass that he and his fellow tribal trough eaters  are slowly sinking into and now is his 15 minutes of fame .
My wife runs a company that sources a lot of their day to day products from UK . They have recieved some basic rudimentary instructions as to what is " advised " if a hard Brexit occurs . She mocked the simplistic and totally ineffective advice that some " department " sent them.
She doesn't want Brexit because it will make her job immensely more difficult . Taking that as an example it shows me that the rank and file of business Ireland see a huge headache looming and all down to the intransigence and pomposity  of a little squeek.
They say that they want a united Ireland , I think they would shit themselves pink if that happened . To suddenly have an additional 1.8 million people ,who have had no experience of living the life of eire , become as one with their brethern in the south will be " interesting".
In fact , with the political savvy honed over generations in the North , it may be the rottweiler that eats the poodle , so to speak ......

PS I CBA doing a spellcheck so if my spelling has offended any of you petals , I don't care .

Thanks, that is very interesting and gives a great perspective on Eire as well as Brexit.

We certainly do not get that insight in the UK. :y :y

« Last Edit: 07 February 2019, 16:45:46 by Lizzie Zoom »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 07 February 2019, 17:00:25 »

Lizzie, I think it is very difficult to get a balanced view in any European country of what is going on.  We are fed what the media want us to know.

I follow the Spanish papers and how the same thing is reported varies between papers and countries.  I have posted about the monumental financial corruption scandals in Spain but they barely get a mention in the UK. One was an EU funded youth training scheme which consumed 775 million of our money with nothing to show for it. Five years of investigation, 500 interviewed, no one charged and crucially not a cent of our money recovered. Business as usual.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 07 February 2019, 17:26:37 »

There has been some name calling and clear nastiness on this thread, and others, over it all.  I know people are passionate and genuinely believe other viewpoints are obviously wrong, but keep it civil, else draconian options will follow.

I think the only thing with universal backing is that everyone knew Westminster's attempts to implement the outcome would be a predictable cock-up.  Anything else, just be mindful.

Thanks.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #123 on: 07 February 2019, 20:48:54 »

Nastiness and name calling. Sounds like Tusk and Theresa.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.