Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.  (Read 14038 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.
« Reply #90 on: 06 February 2019, 19:42:47 »

To me, Tusks remarks show a degree of fear, panic and desperation starting to show.
WTO terms it is. Bring it on.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #91 on: 06 February 2019, 19:48:14 »

To me, Tusks remarks show a degree of fear, panic and desperation starting to show.
I thought he was going to cry with frustration  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06 February 2019, 20:11:46 »

Very deep. What's a boffoon?

My version of a buffoon, but one with a hairstyle like Boris or Trump! :D :D ;)

Now you know ;D ;D :)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 06 February 2019, 20:26:25 »

I have said for years now ,even before our departure was sanctioned by those that matter , that if that coterie had been less autocratic and sanctimonious  in their attitude towards  the UK we wouldn't be where we are .

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 06 February 2019, 20:31:10 »

When I heard what tusk said I was initially very angry then I calmed down and realised that it only confirmed my belief of just how utterly contemptuous that cabal is of democracy .
Any hope or belief that these " leaders " of the eu are free of any malevolence towards those that seek to extricate themselves from under their self proclaimed control should be washed away by his conduct today.
The fact that he ,as the president of the ec, he feels that statements like that are acceptable at such a difficult time for all concerned shows his lack of any respect for the people that he has been negotiating with for so long , and most likely the attitude that he and his fellow cohorts have adopted bethind closed doors .
They disgust me .

And as for that nefarious little squeek varadker, he reminds me of that odious little insignifiLady bits little boy in the playground who has three big brothers to back him up when he exploits his fellow pupils .
I firmly believe that ireland will ultimately pay a price for all their shenanigans .
" when ye sup with the devil ...."

I agree with all you say. But, is Tuskie boy right in asking why the Brexiteers like boffoon Boris did not have a plan on paper about what Brexit would look like?

I know I may get an unfriendly reaction to that, but the question should be asked, although it will do sweet fa now to have that answer! ::) :D ;)

Good question Lizzie. The vote was in or out. Plain and simple. What the out plan looked like was down to our useless politicians to agree AFTER the vote . This they singularly failed to do.

What is clear is leaving the club that is the EU is not easy and you have to ask why.  Plain and simple, leaving wasnt ever going to be easy. I think if we had adopted the Euro as advocated by some supposedly eminent stalwarts, it would have been virtually impossible. Our politicians should have led the negotiations instead we faffed about sacking or causing the negotating team to resign. They, led by Theresa May should hang their heads in shame.

Ask yourself , Did Britain have the answer or plan for winning any of the wars they entered into on Day two?   I will perhaps get flamed for using a war analogy but it is Project Fear (Remainers) who repeatedly ram it down our throats that the sky is going to fall in, there will be no lettuces, we wont be able to go on a European holiday as the planes will not be flying ad infinitum. All folk that you would want to surround yourself with in a crisis self inflicted or not and yet that is exactly what we have done. It dorsnt bode well for say a Russian incursion. Parliament would spend two years agreeing nothing other than to perhaps agree to then fight them on whatever terms they offered...........
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #95 on: 06 February 2019, 20:35:27 »

You can use the war analogy all you like, I did on the last page  ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 06 February 2019, 21:03:11 »

Thanks 🙏 🙏
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06 February 2019, 21:09:23 »

Ah, project fear.
I remember that in it's previous incarnation.
We were all going to be struck down with terminal brain tumours by holding our mobile phones to our ear
Mmm.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 06 February 2019, 21:43:19 »

I thought he was going to cry with frustration  ;D

Yes the arrogant little shit isn't so smug now is he?  ::)

Mind you there will be a few twists and turns before 29th March, so anything could happen yet!  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 06 February 2019, 22:10:18 »

Maybe because they will miss the payments made by the UK

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 06 February 2019, 22:41:00 »

Good question Lizzie. The vote was in or out. Plain and simple. What the out plan looked like was down to our useless politicians to agree AFTER the vote . This they singularly failed to do.

What is clear is leaving the club that is the EU is not easy and you have to ask why.  Plain and simple, leaving wasnt ever going to be easy. I think if we had adopted the Euro as advocated by some supposedly eminent stalwarts, it would have been virtually impossible. Our politicians should have led the negotiations instead we faffed about sacking or causing the negotating team to resign. They, led by Theresa May should hang their heads in shame.

I'd like to know what kind of moron agrees to something so important with no idea what the plan is for afterwards? What's absolutely staggering is that 17million decided that it was OK. 17 oppsing million!!!!! Our useless politicians(and I do agree with you there) are nothing more than we deserve.

Negotiating with the EU was never going to go well; 1 against 27 is a piss poor situation to volunteer for, and the EU as a group cannot afford to be seen giving in to us.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 06 February 2019, 23:45:05 »

Well that is spoken by people who like everything laid out in black and white and by people who fear uncertainty. I am sorry to say it but that is how I see it.

Using the war scenario if parliament or the people had had a say in how to proceed with the Falklands war we would never have even left the UK let alone won.

In simple terms despite leaving the EU and getting back “ control” being so blatantly the right thing to do, we are a nation of yitten folk frightened of change. Maybe staying in the EU and having our future determined by the likes of Juncker , Tusk Verhofstadt is all we deserve. At least we wouldnt have any pesky decisions to make.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 07 February 2019, 08:37:10 »

I'd like to know what kind of moron agrees to something so important with no idea what the plan is for afterwards? What's absolutely staggering is that 17million decided that it was OK. 17 oppsing million!!!!! Our useless politicians(and I do agree with you there) are nothing more than we deserve.

Negotiating with the EU was never going to go well; 1 against 27 is a piss poor situation to volunteer for, and the EU as a group cannot afford to be seen giving in to us.

What I find staggering is that some , moronic , elements of the populace cannot grasp that this is the culmination of a power struggle of immense proportions between a clique of powerful individuals who hold sway over many countries all on the pretence of "free trade".
The 17.4 million , one of which I am , had the strength of character to decide that there is a bit more at stake here than having the ability to buy a fresh lettuce in January .

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 07 February 2019, 08:45:55 »

Very nicely put. :y
Financial concerns are one of the elements of this, and an important one, but by no means the most important.
If people cant fathom there are more important things in life than money, then the human race has little hope.
Those , btw are the words of the Financial Director of the company I work for, when we spoke about this last week.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 07 February 2019, 09:37:21 »

I think they are realising that they've over played their hand, hence Tusk lashing out yesterday.  ::)

In other news, there were reports yesterday that the 'backstop' might be illegal under EU law, as A50 provides for a 'framework' for future relations  and we've ended up with a legally binding protocol in the Withdrawal Agreement that deals with the future relationship.

If we cast our minds back to June 2017 (hard for some I know!) David Davis wanted to run two sets of negotiations concurrently to deal with the withdrawal and the future FTA, but Barnier refused saying that the EU couldn't negotiate a future relationship with a current member as a point of EU law, but then went on to insist on the backstop. A slight contradiction?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.