Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kia Optima  (Read 2372 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Kia Optima
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2014, 00:06:47 »

Seen a few of these about, nice looking car but, as far as I can tell, they only come in one flavour.......diesel. :-\

At least a Kia is honest about its nationality....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #16 on: 11 February 2014, 11:43:29 »

from honestjohn.co.uk :

"The Optima is built around an incredibly stiff safety structure featuring almost 60% of high-tensile steel plates. This ensures outstanding front, side and rear impact protection without adding to the car’s overall weight.There are large disc brakes on all four wheels, ventilated at the front, with anti-lock (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist, giving the car class-leading emergency stopping power in all conditions, regardless of the force applied to the pedal by the driver. Models with automatic transmission feature a foot-operated parking brake.
Kia’s democratic approach to safety is once more evident with the Optima. All versions have Electronic Stability Control (ESC) to counter any tendency of the car to skid out of control because of bad weather or over-exuberant driving. This is linked to Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), which senses when the wheels on one side of the car are on a lower-grip surface than those on the other side, VSM then stabilises the car by reducing the amount of steering assistance if the driver is applying too much steering effort or increasing it if the driver is applying too little.
To alert other motorists to emergency braking, an Emergency Stop Signalling system (ESS) is also fitted. This flashes the brake lights rapidly to warn following drivers. Every Optima is fitted with front, side and curtain airbags, plus active front-seat head restraints to minimise the risk of whiplash injuries.
In the UK, the Kia Optima has been configured to appeal to the business community who make up the vast majority of buyers of D-segment cars. It goes on sale with just one engine – a new 134bhp version of Kia’s acclaimed 1.7-litre U2 turbodiesel – and a choice on the mid and top spec models of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions.
All manual versions feature Kia’s EcoDynamics fuel-saving, CO 2 -reducing measures, including Intelligent Stop & Go and aerodynamic drag-reducing measures, while automatics have an Active ECO button which alters the operation of the engine’s electronic control unit and the compressor on the climate control system, bringing potential fuel savings of around 9%."

"The manual can achieve 57.6 miles per gallon, with CO 2 emissions of 128g/km, while the figures for the automatic are 47.1mpg and 158g/km. Both attract vastly lower company car taxation rates than any previous Kia D-segment model. In fact, the new car with automatic transmission matches the CO 2 emissions of the previous manual version.
With automatic transmission, Kia joins an elite group of just three automotive manufacturers to have designed, developed and built its own six-speed automatic gearbox. It features innovative Neutral Control, which shifts the transmission from ‘D’ to ‘N’ when the car has been stopped for a few seconds, reducing the load on the engine and, therefore, fuel consumption.
A gate-type shift pattern offers the driver a choice of two operating modes – fully automatic for town use, or drive for a more involving driving style. In drive, the driver can perform clutch-less sequential manual changes – up or down – via steering column-mounted paddles.
The Optima’s ride and handling have been optimised to provide the perfect combination of stability and agility with refinement and comfort on the long motorway drives that are a fact of life for many business drivers. Kia’s motor-driven power steering (MDPS), which delivers assistance only when needed to reduce the load on the engine and save fuel, offers just the right degree of help and weighting in all circumstances
Extensive noise-reduction measures ensure minimal transmission of engine and road sound, while the low co-efficient of drag – down to 0.29 from the 0.32 of Kia’s previous D-segment saloon – not only helps fuel economy but also minimises wind turbulence."

without doubt I can say its a refined car.. and must add it has 7 years of warranty or 100K miles ::)
« Last Edit: 11 February 2014, 11:46:24 by cem »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 February 2014, 13:16:32 »

Seen a few of these about, nice looking car but, as far as I can tell, they only come in one flavour.......diesel. :-\

Replacement for the Daewoo?..... ::) ::) ::) :)

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2014, 13:41:12 »

Was that your opinion of it or Honest Johns :-/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2014, 17:17:02 »

I wonder if the 7 year/100,000 mile warranty covers the DPF filter.....  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #20 on: 11 February 2014, 20:44:08 »

Was that your opinion of it or Honest Johns :-/

comments are from honest john and the final decision/opinion is from me.. obviously .. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2014, 12:52:57 »

I like the shape of the Optima, I think it's a fair good looking car

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 12 February 2014, 13:51:04 »

For the sake of balance...

It gets a pasting here...

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/kia/optima-saloon/summary/25995-2

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 February 2014, 14:32:44 »

It's a car mainly bought by those who have no interest in cars.

Transport .....pure and simple. ;)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2014, 14:40:04 by Mr. Opti »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 February 2014, 14:45:44 »

I do think they're a good looking car, they don't actually drive badly either. Needs a more powerf engine ideally though, and the folding rear seats are a joke really.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Stemo

« Reply #25 on: 12 February 2014, 15:41:11 »

05omegav6

« Reply #26 on: 12 February 2014, 16:48:11 »

Either or :P

Cem didn't write that review either ;D

Stemo

« Reply #27 on: 12 February 2014, 17:25:52 »

Either or :P

Cem didn't write that review either ;D
I think he might have mentioned honest john...a couple of times.... ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #28 on: 12 February 2014, 18:39:42 »

::) ;D

there were more than enough parameters in honest johns review .. but with this review if you still cant have an idea/decision, good luck :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.