Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Formel E  (Read 3089 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Formel E
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2019, 15:36:57 »

You forgot to type (the old one) after Silverstone.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2019, 15:39:03 »

I'm not as well up as you fellas, but I heard the new 'loop' mentioned, and it seemed that the commentator loved it.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2019, 15:40:57 »

Channel 4 commentator ? If so he is a dickhead, whichever one of them it happened to be.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2019, 15:47:09 »

Channel 4 commentator ? If so he is a dickhead, whichever one of them it happened to be.  ;)
No, Sky.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 July 2019, 16:09:35 »

I suppose - I do miss the Abbey-Bridge-Priory bit. Woodcote-Copse-Maggots-Becketts and hangar straight survived the recent redevelopment which was a relief.  I do wonder if they should have tightened up Stowe a tad though - despite it's length little overtaking happens on Hangar Straight due to the high entry speed to Stowe.

I still think they should mandate a halving of the rear wing size in the regs. Teams would then have to (more or less) half the size of front wings to balance the cars, and the reduction in down-force would both slow cornering speeds and allow closer following in the corners due to less wake turbulence. Or perhaps even mandate only one solid horizontal element in the front wing - would do a lot to reduce aero costs.

Really enjoyed Silverstone this year - I just wonder why the Cricket, Wimbers and Silverstone all had to be on the same day? Would quite happily have sat and watched all three start to finish, but had to skip the Tennis altogether in order to watch the first three quarters of the NZ innings, then the F1, then the last three quarters of the England innings.  And worse - ran out of beer when the cricket went to extra time and penalties.

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 15 July 2019, 16:20:19 »

I suppose - I do miss the Abbey-Bridge-Priory bit. Woodcote-Copse-Maggots-Becketts and hangar straight survived the recent redevelopment which was a relief.  I do wonder if they should have tightened up Stowe a tad though - despite it's length little overtaking happens on Hangar Straight due to the high entry speed to Stowe.

I still think they should mandate a halving of the rear wing size in the regs. Teams would then have to (more or less) half the size of front wings to balance the cars, and the reduction in down-force would both slow cornering speeds and allow closer following in the corners due to less wake turbulence. Or perhaps even mandate only one solid horizontal element in the front wing - would do a lot to reduce aero costs.

Really enjoyed Silverstone this year - I just wonder why the Cricket, Wimbers and Silverstone all had to be on the same day? Would quite happily have sat and watched all three start to finish, but had to skip the Tennis altogether in order to watch the first three quarters of the NZ innings, then the F1, then the last three quarters of the England innings.  And worse - ran out of beer when the cricket went to extra time and penalties.
Looking forward to the new season? Or is that a sore point?  :-X

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 July 2019, 16:28:13 »

Looking forward to the new season? Or is that a sore point?  :-X

Still deciding whether to renew my misery season ticket this year. Planning a Lundon  pi55 up trip for opening game at Barnet on 3rd Aug. Clashes with the Edgbaston Ashes Test, but can then spend Saturday morning, early afternoon and all Sunday in the pub getting trollied (assuming it goes to the 4th day).

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 15 July 2019, 16:32:38 »

Be careful. Don't let the footie and cricket interfere with your piss up.  ;D

I stopped drinking and watching Liverpool years ago. Replacing all those televisions was getting expensive.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 15 July 2019, 19:37:03 »

Its oversized Scalextric and F1 is heading the same way. I may be a Luddite or I may be a purist. You decide.  :D

Couldn't agree more. Also the 'Attack Mode' and 'Fan Boost' are so contrived as to be laughable.

Dull as ditchwater.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 July 2019, 21:48:22 »

Its oversized Scalextric and F1 is heading the same way. I may be a Luddite or I may be a purist. You decide.  :D

Couldn't agree more. Also the 'Attack Mode' and 'Fan Boost' are so contrived as to be laughable.

Dull as ditchwater.

That's single seaters for you. Makes no difference if they've got a stock beetle engine, or 1000hp: they all look very similar and each formula has similar performance. So you might as well watch formulas where the drivers aren't evenly matched, which means club formulas. All you lose is some visual speed and (horrible) noise

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 July 2019, 20:31:02 »

Dull as ditchwater.

That's single seaters for you. Makes no difference if they've got a stock beetle engine, or 1000hp: they all look very similar and each formula has similar performance. So you might as well watch formulas where the drivers aren't evenly matched, which means club formulas. All you lose is some visual speed and (horrible) noise

Indeed. Much more fun to be had as a spectator at out local grass track... and a tad lower budget.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.