Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh bugger!!!!  (Read 1526 times)

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
Oh bugger!!!!
« on: 05 July 2016, 21:10:55 »

Gone and broken the petrol pipe connector on the inline filter. I was already under there, and had a new filter on the shelf, so thought it might be a good opportunity to change it. After 16 years of road crap and the likelihood it may start leaking any day soon (the area above the petrol tank is particularly susceptible to corrosion, causing fuel leaks) I tried very carefully to release the connector....... resulting in a lot of swearing and a broken fitting..... and the 3 x O-rings fell out and into separate pieces!

Thankfully it seems, I'm not the only one to have suffered at the hands of these connectors (even those with the proper tool to hand), but a quick search of this forum came to the rescue again, with particular thanks to Doctor Gollum & previous acquaintances!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250912389358?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=550053025262&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

500mm of pipe will get you to the position shown. I bought a metre of the stuff not knowing how long it might need to be, as access above the differential is tight to say the least.

Some things work out well, and despite my reservations it didn't turn out to be such a bad job in the end. The solution may have come to me eventually, but the OOF saved the day again. Thank you.

Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Oh bugger!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2016, 21:20:44 »

Done a few repairs like this and also used copper microbore heating pipe for long runs under the car.

I prefer to use proper fuel pipe clips as they are perfectly round as opposed to jubilees which can have loose spot under the screw, that said, I've never had one leak !!

Good work  :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2016, 10:13:10 »

Looks like you'd had your money's worth from the old filter. :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2016, 10:53:25 »

Looks like you'd had your money's worth from the old filter. :D

It wasn't leaking, so it had plenty of life left!

frostbite

• Roanapur City aka Skem
    • 00' e46 325i se
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2016, 12:36:32 »

I remember changing on my e36, it was about 6" long and when I turned it upside down the silt that came out was disgusting, I was suprised an 18y/o filter was still working
e46 325i se - 1.8vvti avensis liftback
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.