Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2981726 times)

STEMO

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17865 on: 13 February 2019, 19:40:56 »

Found out I've still got a coolant leak >:( HBV is dry as are interior carpets.Radiator is new as is thermostat and oil cooler.I'm suspecting though that it's the oil cooler plate that isn't sealed properly as when I changed oil cooler the grey goo I sourced from Vx dealers felt pretty dry and "gritty" so I'm guessing they palmed me off with over age stock that had already gone off >:( >:(Anyway will tear it down again this weekend and see what I can see.
There's a small, plastic bottle in the engine bay. Just keep putting some water in it.  :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17866 on: 13 February 2019, 20:46:07 »

Subaru MOTd new front pads & new fuel filter.

aaronjb

« Reply #17867 on: 14 February 2019, 09:24:04 »

Took the BMW for an MOT. Well, technically I'm still there as I only just arrived.

Time to see if it passes...
A 13 year old beemer? It will fly through.  :-X

It flew through  :P

Told yer  ;D

;D To be fair, it did get one advisory (brake line corrosion) which wasn't there last year, so that's something to keep an eye on. Paid them to do an oil change, too, because I had an attack of the CBAs (I supplied the oil).

When I say "them", I mean Webby's gaff, so I have also now met Webby. What an entertaining (and embarassing) phone call that was, when I called to book in, and realised I couldn't remember his real name  :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17868 on: 14 February 2019, 09:43:06 »

Took the BMW for an MOT. Well, technically I'm still there as I only just arrived.

Told yer  ;D

;D To be fair, it did get one advisory (brake line corrosion) which wasn't there last year, so that's something to keep an eye on. Paid them to do an oil change, too, because I had an attack of the CBAs (I supplied the oil).

When I say "them", I mean Webby's gaff, so I have also now met Webby. What an entertaining (and embarassing) phone call that was, when I called to book in, and realised I couldn't remember his real name  :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D

" Er... Hello? Could I speak to Webby The Bear please?? "  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17869 on: 14 February 2019, 10:27:29 »

;D ;D ;D ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: 14 February 2019, 10:39:56 »

Told yer  ;D

Have meet young bear a few times,when he's visited hoof'land stores, absolutely top guy. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #17871 on: 14 February 2019, 10:55:07 »

Told yer  ;D

Oh, no, I described his physical attributes to be greeted by "Oh! That's me!" (if you've met him, you can guess which attribute I used to single him out...) :-[ :-[ :-[ :-X ;D

Good job he has a sense of humour, eh!  ;D Should probably check my engine for gravel, though, just in case ;D

STEMO

« Reply #17872 on: 14 February 2019, 11:28:18 »

Told yer  ;D

Oh, no, I described his physical attributes to be greeted by "Oh! That's me!" (if you've met him, you can guess which attribute I used to single him out...) :-[ :-[ :-[ :-X ;D

Good job he has a sense of humour, eh!  ;D Should probably check my engine for gravel, though, just in case ;D
Don't see how that would work. Most people who work in garages are ugly bastids.  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17873 on: 14 February 2019, 11:34:18 »

Told yer  ;D

Don't see how that would work. Most people who work in garages are ugly bastids.  :-\
To be fair, he's quite distinctive...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17874 on: 15 February 2019, 17:38:06 »

Today I finally removed the power sounder which I renewed 5 years ago, so I reckoned it was about time after all the warnings over many years.

As with previous fitted sounders, it was not even warm, but it had to go for my peace of mind. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17875 on: 15 February 2019, 17:45:31 »

Found it to have a very flat battery again. If left for approx. a week this is the result. Not sure if battery is on the way out or something is draining it.
Not sure how to find out either.  :-[ ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17876 on: 15 February 2019, 17:53:52 »

Found it to have a very flat battery again. If left for approx. a week this is the result. Not sure if battery is on the way out or something is draining it.
Not sure how to find out either.  :-[ ;D

borrow a battery tester for a couple of minutes. Or blow 20quid on buying your own :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: 15 February 2019, 18:01:48 »

Cheers.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17878 on: 15 February 2019, 18:45:48 »

Was told of a Headlight Range warning.

*sigh*
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17879 on: 16 February 2019, 10:16:17 »

Was told of a Headlight Range warning.

*sigh*
Shame there's not an Omega owners club ,with members familiar with the problem ,and if someone had a 3D printer ,they could manufacture and sell a kit (bracket to hold the arm from popping off,plus a link rod replacement and a standard,off the shelf, metal nipple to screw to the wishbone) or a similar kit for the rear level sensor . :-\
I'd buy one  ;D

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.