Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kwik Fit fitter  (Read 3148 times)

Paddy Flannery

• Intermediate Member
  • Hertford, Hertfordshire
    • 2003 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
Kwik Fit fitter
« on: 22 January 2015, 08:59:23 »

Yesterday was Friday at work so we went for beers and curry. I got the train home and the wife picked me up to tell me that she'd used the Omega earlier and got a puncture. As she was parked next to Kwik Fit, she asked for help. Out came a young lad who rummaged around in my boot for a while, ignoring the spare wheel shaped bulge on the nearside, before announcing that these cars didn't have a spare wheel and he couldn't find the can of foam that Vauxhall would have supplied !!

He did redeem himself by filling the tyre with air to get her home and not trying to flog her 4 tyres and new shocks.  ;D

ted_one

Re: Kwik Fit fitter
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2015, 09:09:24 »

You can't thicker than a Kwik S**T fitter :)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2015, 09:14:49 »

Oh, this needs putting on a billboard across the land.  ::)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2015, 09:49:13 »

Can't stand them,also Halfrauds another crap company who have just gone on my list as well (long story >:()

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2015, 09:51:10 »

The thick bugger!
I think I'd have to go & find him to show him where the spare lives.

Paddy Flannery

• Intermediate Member
  • Hertford, Hertfordshire
    • 2003 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2015, 09:56:25 »

She tells me he even looked under the car for the spare. Surprised he didn't give the glovebox a quick check........ Just in case  ;D

I showed the wife where it was when I got home as she didn't have a clue either.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2015, 09:57:10 »

A few years ago I was in my VW garage and there was a lot of management activity. A Touareg owner not liking VW prices took his car to Kwikfit for a service. Within minutes of leaving Kwikfit the engine seized - sump plug nowhere to be found and oil over everywhere. Kwikfit bosses were at VW dealer to sort out new engine circa £12000 at retail I am told.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

ted_one

« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2015, 10:19:50 »

My son is the manager of a similar setup to Kwikcrap and they are in direct competition to them,his branch is  consistently the top performer in the south east,and the way they do it is by giving sound advice and not bulls****ing the customers and only doing agreed work (unlike our local VX dealer....who were told NOT to fit new brake pads to the wife's Astra during a service as I had a set in the shed and was going to do them the following weekend) large boll**king dished out and item was taken off the bill :y. I guess it's the old adage of "Buyer beware" as there are a lot of so called reputable companies out there who are really just a load of bulls****ing scammers!! and customer service is just an illusion not a reality......... Mr Angry, W okingham >:( >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2015, 11:13:58 »

She tells me he even looked under the car for the spare. Surprised he didn't give the glovebox a quick check........ Just in case  ;D

I showed the wife where it was when I got home as she didn't have a clue either.

We expect this of our women. However, a half decent tyre chappie should have been able to figure it out. :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2015, 11:17:06 »

Please read the manual springs to mind ::)

But you should reasonably expect a tyre fitter to have a rough idea ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2015, 11:21:15 »

I'm just astounded a tyre fitter would think of spraying the can of gunk in a tyre if he couldn't find a spare..

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2015, 11:36:23 »

Really against the things, myself. Just think it's a case of going backwards. Mind, I suppose from the accountants viewpoint, why fit a spare tyre which no-one will know how to use, or what to do with? People don't think to do anything themselves, and don't want to, don't care, let someone else get mucky. That said, I'm one of them people that thinks that breakdown companies shouldn't attend a flat tyre - when there's a perfectly good spare in the boot - you know how to fit it, do it yourself! And let the breakdown companies get on with rescuing the people who have serious car/engine maladies, not 'run our of fuel/flat tyre/lost my car keys, oh, sorry, they're in the ignition, sorry Mr AA man' etc... I don't ring my house insurance if I run out of food in my own home!  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2015, 12:07:33 »

Probably just as well he couldn't find it, if it had ended up on the ramp, you would have ended up with a bill for new Pads and Disks around and a complete Cat Back System.  ::)

The Sheriff

« Reply #13 on: 22 January 2015, 13:13:50 »

Really against the things, myself. Just think it's a case of going backwards. Mind, I suppose from the accountants viewpoint, why fit a spare tyre which no-one will know how to use, or what to do with? People don't think to do anything themselves, and don't want to, don't care, let someone else get mucky. That said, I'm one of them people that thinks that breakdown companies shouldn't attend a flat tyre - when there's a perfectly good spare in the boot - you know how to fit it, do it yourself! And let the breakdown companies get on with rescuing the people who have serious car/engine maladies, not 'run our of fuel/flat tyre/lost my car keys, oh, sorry, they're in the ignition, sorry Mr AA man' etc... I don't ring my house insurance if I run out of food in my own home!  :D
Two things.
According to the  manufacturers, there is no spare tyre to save weight, thus decreasing the exhaust emissions. Once one did it, the rest followed suit.
My wife wouldn't know how to change a spare wheel and I wouldn't want her to try. That's why we pay our subscription, you see. Plus, we are unlikely to break down because we have modern, reliable cars. I personally think anyone who drives an omega should pay a premium, because the patrolman is likely to be giving the kiss of life to some clapped out old barge when he could be changing her wheel. :)

Also, thinking about it, if I got a puncture in one of the offside wheels whilst driving on a motorway, I would call them out. I don't really want to be disembowelled on the hard shoulder by some pissed-up foreign truck driver who's having a wank while looking at his laptop.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2015, 13:24:15 by STMO »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 January 2015, 13:32:01 »

Two things.
According to the  manufacturers, there is no spare tyre to save weight, thus decreasing the exhaust emissions. Once one did it, the rest followed suit.
My wife wouldn't know how to change a spare wheel and I wouldn't want her to try. That's why we pay our subscription, you see. Plus, we are unlikely to break down because we have modern, reliable cars. I personally think anyone who drives an omega should pay a premium, because the patrolman is likely to be giving the kiss of life to some clapped out old barge when he could be changing her wheel. :)

Also, thinking about it, if I got a puncture in one of the offside wheels whilst driving on a motorway, I would call them out. I don't really want to be disembowelled on the hard shoulder by some pissed-up foreign truck driver who's having a wank while looking at his laptop.

I say we ban him. ;D

The poxy  can of foam that comes with most cars these days in never going to fix a blowout.

How can we remedy this?

Ah yes......a spare wheel.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.