Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth reciever  (Read 7188 times)

05omegav6

Re: Bluetooth reciever
« Reply #45 on: 29 October 2014, 20:24:14 »

Not at all ::) so we're clear... you're trying to connect both your phone and ipod to the HK unit, but currently can't as it only has one input :-\

Hence the Bluetooth device?

I appreciate why you don't want to go down the aftermarket route, so wasn't going to go there again. Ever.

chrisgixer

« Reply #46 on: 29 October 2014, 20:25:37 »

Not at all ::) so we're clear... you're trying to connect both your phone and ipod to the HK unit, but currently can't as it only has one input :-\

Hence the Bluetooth device?

I appreciate why you don't want to go down the aftermarket route, so wasn't going to go there again. Ever.
NOOOOOOOOOO, ffs can you not read?

05omegav6

« Reply #47 on: 29 October 2014, 20:27:28 »

Apparently not :-[ in which case I shall leave you to it as I clearly can't get my head around what you're trying to do :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #48 on: 29 October 2014, 20:28:46 »

Google Harmon Kardon drive and play. Select images. Look at the diags.

Input 1. Ipod cable.

Input 2. Aux in via 3.5 Jack.

Both to Hk drive and play.

Hk is hard wired to fm. Hence two inputs. As described earlier. ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #49 on: 29 October 2014, 20:29:54 »

Apparently not :-[ in which case I shall leave you to it as I clearly can't get my head around what you're trying to do :-\

I also hinted at that earlier. Only TB and Andy know this system.

Now OPPS off until you've read the diags. ;D ....stupid boy pike. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #50 on: 29 October 2014, 20:31:07 »

Maybe I should of just pm'd TB. :-[

05omegav6

« Reply #51 on: 29 October 2014, 20:31:18 »

Yes Dad... So Bluetooth was to simplify phone connection? (he asks tentatively)...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 October 2014, 20:33:14 »

What about something like iTrip - would that fire TT's voice over the connection?

(Going slightly at a tangent/different sledgehammer v nut)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 29 October 2014, 20:34:07 »

What about something like iTrip - would that fire TT's voice over the connection?

Ignore that, of course it wouldn't work, stupid boy Pike. As the HU will be on the HK FM frequency, not the iTrip's
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #54 on: 29 October 2014, 20:35:28 »

Yes Dad... So Bluetooth was to simplify phone connection? (he asks tentatively)...

Al. Ffs .....  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10... ...and breath.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 29 October 2014, 20:38:30 »

I believe so. To stop the hassle of plugging the phone in every time.  I don't see that as too much of an annoyance, but its clearly something chrisgixer wants to avoid/simplify.

I think.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #56 on: 29 October 2014, 20:45:01 »

Ignore that, of course it wouldn't work, stupid boy Pike. As the HU will be on the HK FM frequency, not the iTrip's
i will.... ;D

Hk is fine. I love it. Phone is fine, handles numerous bt device. Well, two anyway. Just need a bt reciever to 3.5 Jack.

So phone, for music and TT voice > bt reciever>3.5 Jack to Hk. Hk to HU visa fm. In theory, with Siri via Nokia for phone only, I can get in the car, leave phone in pocket (unless it needs charging) press Nokia bt, speak for music or nav, and arrive without taking phone out of pocket as the phone will divert music and nav voice (Google maps or TT) to bose. :y

iPod via Hk contoler as normal. As the Hk controller is far more easy to use than a touch screen.

It is a bit 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other, but that's how I want it. :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #57 on: 29 October 2014, 20:52:06 »

I believe so. To stop the hassle of plugging the phone in every time.  I don't see that as too much of an annoyance, but its clearly something chrisgixer wants to avoid/simplify.

I think.
Initially I wanted to see if I could replace the ipod with phone, and run all from the phone by using bt reciever. But at risk of repeating from page 1, the Hk controller doesn't control the phone. It's a differant port anyway. 32 pin v lightening. And requires fiddling with touch screen. Hk controller is far better for music anyway.

With a bt reciever to 3.5 Jack I can have both. As required. If necessary.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 29 October 2014, 20:58:09 »

Are you able to test your cheapo BT adapter elsewhere, and see if it works better (away from the car)?

I'm thinking along the lines of if its the phone disconnecting from the BT adapter (possibly due to 2 paired BT devices in range) rather than the BT adapter disconnecting from the phone...   ...if we know the BT adapter is definitely shite, it may be worth pursuing another BT unit (although I suspect most will be based on same chipsets/firmwares)
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #59 on: 29 October 2014, 21:11:41 »

Reciever works fine on the dock type speakers it was designed for. You know the bose speaker docks you plug the iPod into as a stand In the house. I have it running on a similar type unit in the bedroom. Works really well. Connect phone to iwave, play music with phone in hand. Music comes out of speakers. :)

It may well be that the btr doesn't like the iPod cable on the Hk. But that no longer matters asi have seen enough of its operation when plugged into the iPod cable, to know that's not what I want.
So the btr will go in the house dock. I shall seek another 3.5 Jack based btr for the aux In on the Hk.

So btr I have is old 32 pin apple connector as on up to iphone 4.

I will seek a 3.5mm Jack based bt reciever instead. It's really simple tbh :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.