Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting OEM Alarm to Ex Plod.  (Read 1073 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Fitting OEM Alarm to Ex Plod.
« on: 22 November 2014, 13:03:07 »

Anyone got the T Shirt, pointers, easy?

Im going to need Alarm ECU, guessing this is standalone and doesn't need to be paired to the Main ECU etc (I assume this as when swapping Main ECU and Chip Transponders etc all was good without messing with the Alarm ECU, I at least I thought as much, never actually tested Alarm tbh).

So going into an 03 iPlod, bits will come from either Elite or MV6, so parts, Alarm ECU, Dash Button, Sensors (Rear Glass Sensors Estate?), any wiring needed or should it be there. anything else?

And will it all work with Fob, Keys etc without a Tech 2 chat?.
« Last Edit: 22 November 2014, 13:04:56 by zirk »

05omegav6

Re: Fitting OEM Alarm to Ex Plod.
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2014, 13:28:17 »

Mine has the rear window sensors taped up with the taillight looms, but no sign of any wiring to the top of the B pillars. The front interior sensors are part of the front reading light, ie the unit with the two 'microphones' on the rear corners.

I suspect the alarm ecu is simply a bigger version of the central locking one :-\

Biggest issue will be identifying whether the alarm wiring is present at the three main plugs connecting the dash to the car (two behind front passenger kick panel and one behind drivers iirc).

Often the wiring is present on the dash side of the plugs, but terminated in the loom on the car side :-\

Have fun tracing the looms :D

Might all be plug and play too... but don't forget to check the wiring behind the interior sensor switch, as it might have been used for 'alternative' purposes ::)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2014, 12:53:12 »

Thanks Al, will have a quick look at the wiring or lack of it first before I proceed, not on the list of priorities but plan to doing something some. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2014, 14:24:09 »

Thanks Al, will have a quick look at the wiring or lack of it first before I proceed, not on the list of priorities but plan to doing something some. :y
:y don't forget, you'll also need to swap the rear side windows for ones with the sensor attachments... they're bolted in though, so not too bad a job, and it gives you a chance to remove the window gutter and clean/check behind it :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.