Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any storm damage?  (Read 5998 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Any storm damage?
« Reply #15 on: 23 February 2017, 18:52:53 »

Had to swerve a bit to avoid a wheelie bin going across the road on its side earlier.

Gave up trying to keep our 3 wheelie bins upright, but tied the recycling one (which is brimmed with lightweight plastic that I've already had to pick up twice) to the post to hopefully stop it going over again.

Wind definitely died off now though :)
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 February 2017, 21:04:26 »

Unfortunately some lady in the London area died in a storm related incident. Sad.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2017, 22:03:08 »

Unfortunately some lady in the London area died in a storm related incident. Sad.
Sorry, should have said Wolverhampton. :-[

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 23 February 2017, 22:03:54 »

Birmingham.
Edit: beat me to it  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 February 2017, 22:20:01 »

We lost one of the finials off the end ridge tiles. No damage but could have been lethal if we were under it at the time.

3 storey house, solid lump of terracotta 6" diameter  :o

Thankfully, of the 4 that were on the house, the other 3 went before we bought it, so now at least it matches!

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 February 2017, 22:20:08 »

What storm  ::) Nothing to report from here, seems to have passed us by.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 February 2017, 09:35:37 »

Wind blew a right hoolie here. Thought my new fence was gonna be history, but it stood it well. Neighbours fence suffered though. And the fir trees were bent at about 45 deg. Thankfully, only damage was the felt on the apex of the shed went walkabout. Lord knows where it is. Bins in the road blew everywhere, thankfully none collided with my cars ;) Watched one wheelie bin on its side go down the road like the clappers, I ran out, but luckily it shot past and smacked into a car down the road. Paint damage only, I think, could not see a dent :(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 24 February 2017, 10:48:23 »

A little bit of soot came down our chimney. We had it rough.  :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 February 2017, 13:58:43 »

Gixer told me you like it rough...
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 24 February 2017, 14:52:38 »

Gixer told me you like it rough...
Just distant memories now.  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 February 2017, 16:37:48 »

BR retards are their finest, retard-site check service 'on-time'. Got down to station 'cancelled' as their had been a tree on the line for several hours. >:( >:( Walked back home and managed to arrange a lift, but had to dodge dead wood falling off my oak-tree and next-doors carport plastic roof disappearing down the road at high speed while standing outside waiting for lift.

Got train at Farnborough to Waterloo, Walked across Waterloo Bridge, where the wind was really blowing and met with colleague, who then got a call to say the person we were meeting from Chester had better cancel the meeting as he was stuck at Birmingham. It would have been a shame to waste the meeting time so we used colleagues expense account for a good meal and a drink or four. :) :) Trip on the way back, 7 hours later, same tree still on line. >:( >:(

Unhelpful taxi driver, where I could have shared a taxi, so walked 5 miles home, but stopped in a good pub 2/3 of the way for a break and a couple of pints refresher. :) :)

All in all an eventful, but not very productive day.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 February 2017, 18:45:26 »

Two things... firstly, whether you can share a taxi or not rests with the person who booked it. Secondly, even if the bookee agrees, the driver may have a preexisting booking immediately after, and they're legally obliged to attempt to attend each booking promptly.

Secondly, it wasn't that windy...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 February 2017, 21:51:33 »

Two things... firstly, whether you can share a taxi or not rests with the person who booked it. Secondly, even if the bookee agrees, the driver may have a preexisting booking immediately after, and they're legally obliged to attempt to attend each booking promptly.

Secondly, it wasn't that windy...

No different to any other business the seller in under no obligation to sell. :y

But it was worth while doing the walk as the train service to Sandhurst is appalling and when you find they are not running, a 1.25 mile walk back to Farnborough Main, normally an least an hours wait in the queue before you have the privilege of paying the best part of £30 for a 5 mile trip. I shall walk it in future, as I've done half the distance of 2.5miles, just to walk from Farnborough Main to Farnborough North and back to get a taxi, if the trains aren't running.

Aa a customer I also have the right to not spend my money on IMO a poor overpriced service. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 February 2017, 22:15:02 »

Going to call you out on that... according to Rushmoor District Councils Hackney Carriage Tariffs,

http://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/article/2765/Information-for-the-public-about-taxis

A 5 mile(8800yards)  journey will cost £12.55 07:00-17:59; £13.20 18:00-22:59; £18.80 23:00-06:59.

If you feel it's overpriced, do write to the Council as they set the fares ;)

Equally if using Private Hire firms and paying that money, then consider that you agree the fare at the time of booking...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 February 2017, 04:11:45 »

[quote author=Doctor Gollum link=t :-[
http://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/article/2765/Information-for-the-public-about-taxis

A 5 mile(8800yards)  journey will cost £12.55 07:00-17:59; £13.20 18:00-22:59; £18.80 23:00-06:59.

If you feel it's overpriced, do write to the Council as they set the fares ;)

Equally if using Private Hire firms and paying that money, then consider that you agree the fare at the time of booking...
[/quote]

Rightly or wrongly I've been well overcharged through my own ignorance, shame on me for not knowing the charge rate and knowing they were online. :-[ :-[ :-[ Thanks for this, a little appreciated new knowledge now goes along way, but also shows how I've been ripped off. In the unlikely event in the future I use the ripoff taxis, I will use my iPhone to video the journey and if I'm ripped off again use the video evidence to call them to book, through Rushmoor Council as it is a local gold mine and maybe like with me they were taking liberties. :( :( :(

Much appreciate your help as an insider in helping with this and will use the knowledge against the charlitans in the future. :y :y :y

A question, do the fares go up after midnight? As I've always seemed to pay much more after this. I've had more reasonable fare at the £13-15 mark, but when trains were replaced by a bus serviced announced by BR retards as at the front of the station, but were actually as I found to my cost 1/4mile away!!! >:( >:( >:( I hired a taxis which had reached £23 by Blackwater, which the sharer gave me £20 and just under £30 by Sandhurst which is about 5miles from Farnborough Main?

Now angry from Sandhurst, where they have ripped me off, the ripoff price is now known and I will walk from now on, they can starve, before they get 1p in their business begging bowl from me. Sorry but the honest like you suffer from me being ripped off by the crooks, shame on them and one of my fundamental rules in life is you can only rip me off once as a few businesses have found in the past past, where I''ve never ever spent 1p with them again. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 25 February 2017, 04:16:37 by Rods2 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.