Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Had Enough Again  (Read 6615 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Re: Had Enough Again
« Reply #15 on: 13 March 2018, 23:50:27 »

Due respect to Admins, but I don`t feel why I need to justify myself to any other member on here for comments I make & neither should you Lizzie
Obvously, there are certain times when I`ve read ppl`s comments & winced a bit  :-X
Some of these old farts don`t get out much & so it`s understandable if they over step the mark on occassion  :P

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 March 2018, 09:50:42 »

Was it because I blamed you for Halloween Lizzie?  :-*

No.  You can do nothing to offend me Sir Tigger! :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 March 2018, 09:56:35 »

If I felt it neccessary to leave a site three, and this half , times due to taking umbridge (each time ) in a thread within General Chat  I'd at least stay out of that section........

You are absolutely right on the fact I decided to contribute to General Chat after previous experiences, but I also forgive and give others another chance.  It was not umbridge that made me decide to completely leave previously, but my anger over unnecessary hateful comments.  I am an emotional and sensitive female, which I am not ashamed about, but do not take fools gladly.  I have reached that point again of why?; why do I put myself through this nonsense and bother about it in my retirement?

Got better things to do, with a lot of history still to read!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 March 2018, 09:57:42 »

Due respect to Admins, but I don`t feel why I need to justify myself to any other member on here for comments I make & neither should you Lizzie
Obvously, there are certain times when I`ve read ppl`s comments & winced a bit  :-X
Some of these old farts don`t get out much & so it`s understandable if they over step the mark on occassion  :P

Thanks! :-* :-* :y

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 March 2018, 11:36:33 »

If I felt it neccessary to leave a site three, and this half , times due to taking umbridge (each time ) in a thread within General Chat  I'd at least stay out of that section........

You are absolutely right on the fact I decided to contribute to General Chat after previous experiences, but I also forgive and give others another chance.  It was not umbridge that made me decide to completely leave previously, but my anger over unnecessary hateful comments.  I am an emotional and sensitive female, which I am not ashamed about, but do not take fools gladly.  I have reached that point again of why?; why do I put myself through this nonsense and bother about it in my retirement?

I recall the previous incidents ,which were almost identical to this fiasco, and cannot recollect any  "hateful comments made by fools" .
Perhaps , with all respect , you should seek out and enroll in a suitable debating society where the parlance is more akin to your "sensitive emotions" after all this is only a little website for an obsolete car.
I'm sure you will have made the right decision , I wish you good luck.

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 14 March 2018, 12:44:43 »

I recall the previous incidents ,which were almost identical to this fiasco, and cannot recollect any  "hateful comments made by fools" .
Perhaps , with all respect , you should seek out and enroll in a suitable debating society where the parlance is more akin to your "sensitive emotions" after all this is only a little website for an obsolete car.
I'm sure you will have made the right decision , I wish you good luck.
The voice of reason.

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 March 2018, 17:39:39 »

lizzie - please do stay.  Reading your posts ( and many of the others on here) add to the rich tapestry that makes OOF an interesting place to drop in to. 
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 March 2018, 18:07:20 »

lizzie - please do stay.  Reading your posts ( and many of the others on here) add to the rich tapestry that makes OOF an interesting place to drop in to.

:y   :y   :y   :y

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 March 2018, 18:43:03 »

:y   :y   :y   :y

Thanks to both of you for your posts  :-* :-* :-* :-*

But you can see from other very predictable comments why it is so hard to stay on this great forum that is only tainted by a few out to make life difficult for anyone who has different opinions to them. >:(

I certainly am still questioning why I feel like I do and that is why I am going to remain, at least, in the shadows.  However, if a question on history arises, or something else not political...........well, I'll see! ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 March 2018, 18:54:47 »

In the relatively short time that I have been a member, I have seen the nastiness grow alarmingly. It basically stems from a sense of inferiority, where some people have to put others down to boost their own sense of worth: vainly, as it happens.
Conversely, I have had fantastic help and encouragement from the true experts and thorough gentlemen on here, so I will not let the arseh*les drive me away - they are simply too pathetic and not worth it.....

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 14 March 2018, 19:12:41 »

In the relatively short time that I have been a member, I have seen the nastiness grow alarmingly. It basically stems from a sense of inferiority, where some people have to put others down to boost their own sense of worth: vainly, as it happens.
Conversely, I have had fantastic help and encouragement from the true experts and thorough gentlemen on here, so I will not let the arseh*les drive me away - they are simply too pathetic and not worth it.....

Ron.
;D ;D ;D You and Lizzie go well together, Ron, you both have a misplaced sense of superiority. I can almost understand where Lizzie gets it from, but you...........no. You most definitely have nothing to be superior about.
That must feel rough coming from a stupid Northerner, but hey ho. :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 March 2018, 19:22:31 »

I think that my academic and industrial qualifications speak for themselves - an Engineering degree, a teaching degree and many years of design, develpoment and research on both commercial and MOD projects, before lecturing in Electronics, Radio and Photography to high lever. Self-evident superiority, yes?
What have you achieved, apart from a degree in abuse?

Primarily, unkind messages by themselves don't bother me. I am very happy to admit I am not to everyone's taste, and that I quite possibly have more faults than the average human. However, if you are pathetic enough to send abuse to someone you've never met or spoken to before, then there is something wrong with you. You could get therapy, but suicide is cheaper and more beneficial to the human race!

Ron.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 19:24:21 by Bigron »

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 March 2018, 19:27:53 »

Wow , the heady stench of egotism in this thread is overpowering .

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 14 March 2018, 19:28:33 »

I think that my academic and industrial qualifications speak for themselves - an Engineering degree, a teaching degree and many years of design, develpoment and research on both commercial and MOD projects, before lecturing in Electronics, Radio and Photography to high lever. Self-evident superiotity, yes?
What have you achieved, apart from a degree in abuse?

Primarily, unkind messages by themselves don't bother me. I am very happy to admit I am not to everyone's taste, and that I quite possibly have more faults than the average human. However, if you are pathetic enough to send abuse to someone you've never met or spoken to before, then there is something wrong with you. You could get therapy, but suicide is cheaper and more beneficial to the human race!

Ron.
Qualifications mean absolutely nothing, anyone who cares to apply themselves can succeed at most levels, and they have no bearing on your quality as a human being. You have, of course, and not for the first time, shot yourself in the foot by sending abuse to someone you've never met or spoken to before, so I guess we're both pathetic. At least I am happy pathetic and not a miserable old bugger who does nothing but complain.
And what's develpoment?
« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 19:32:56 by STEMO »

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2018, 19:29:26 »

Wow , the heady stench of egotism in this thread is overpowering .
Oh yes....imagine if they were a couple. No.......don't  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.