Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Iv fooked it i think  (Read 16150 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Iv fooked it i think
« Reply #45 on: 26 February 2017, 11:05:27 »

Yeah, looking at that picture, the left cam looks like the mark is in line with the timing mark on the block, but it shouldn't, because the camera is not bang in front of the cam. I would say that the cam should be half a tooth anti clockwise.

This would also explain the slop in the belt between the cams. My guess is the tensioner isn't set correctly to pull the slop out.

Glad you have James coming over. By all accounts he's a mechanical whizz and a top guy to boot.

Makes no sense to me squire... the belt pulls the sprockets round not t'other way round. If the belt ain't moderately tight it don't pull the sprocket.  ???

I'm not going to lie I'm worried about valve contact on this one. Especially if it sounds like a diesel and has been ran with an incorrect belt setup

But one step at a time. :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 26 February 2017, 11:14:42 »

Good to see you have James on board now, he knows what he's at so you are in good hands.  :y

I suspect that on a lot of these jobs the mistake is lack of belt tautness between the crankshaft and the exhaust cam No.2 when installing the belt anti-clockwise from crankshaft to cam 2. This side of the cam belt has no adjustment so if the very first stage is wrong it will all go to pot after that, regardless of how good the initial set up was. As there is only an idler on that side, once any slack is introduced between cam 2 and the crank, the crank will take up that slack when turned so you will already be looking at up to a tooth out. Cam 1 is not such an issue as the adjuster will tension the belt on that side.

As James said, the concern is what occurred prior to you getting it running.  :-\  Hopefully any updates will be positive ones.  :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • 99 2.5 V6, 03 2.2 CD FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26 February 2017, 11:35:44 »

Good to see you have James on board now, he knows what he's at so you are in good hands.  :y

I suspect that on a lot of these jobs the mistake is lack of belt tautness between the crankshaft and the exhaust cam No.2 when installing the belt anti-clockwise from crankshaft to cam 2. This side of the cam belt has no adjustment so if the very first stage is wrong it will all go to pot after that, regardless of how good the initial set up was. As there is only an idler on that side, once any slack is introduced between cam 2 and the crank, the crank will take up that slack when turned so you will already be looking at up to a tooth out. Cam 1 is not such an issue as the adjuster will tension the belt on that side.

As James said, the concern is what occurred prior to you getting it running.  :-\  Hopefully any updates will be positive ones.  :)

I hope so i really do i know i have chosen right with JamesV6CDX and his magic hands :y🙌👏
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elm327 code reader And OP COM available Locally PM Me

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 26 February 2017, 15:43:23 »

Makes no sense to me squire... the belt pulls the sprockets round not t'other way round. If the belt ain't moderately tight it don't pull the sprocket.  ???

Sorry, didn't explain very well. This is what I actually meant:

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26 February 2017, 15:59:04 »

Sorry, didn't explain very well. This is what I actually meant:

This is the exact mistacke thats been made here  :-[ :-[ i hope so
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 26 February 2017, 16:41:08 »

Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 26 February 2017, 20:51:37 »

Still planning to come over but just thinking this over - how did you end up 180 out?

One and only reason for asking is I'm thinking about likelihood of valves damage

I will bring compression tester :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26 February 2017, 21:11:23 »

Still planning to come over but just thinking this over - how did you end up 180 out?

One and only reason for asking is I'm thinking about likelihood of valves damage

Guessing that he set to TDC on the exhaust stroke instead of TDC on the compression stroke.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 26 February 2017, 21:15:45 »

I mis understood makings on c/s the outer mark i set to needle and it should of been to mark at bottom im now completley dishartened now and hope and prey are we still on for tuesday for price agreed
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 26 February 2017, 21:29:54 »

Should be fine to come over tues. I can't wave a magic wand without seeing but I can guarantee either a fix or a diagnosis of valve damage. It will be one or the other.

Price wise £50 to cover fuel and the obligatory travel lattes will cover the diagnosis and correction of the belt setup :y

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26 February 2017, 21:51:14 »

Sweet £50 it is i hope for my sake its not the latter
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 26 February 2017, 21:53:13 »

Should be fine to come over tues. I can't wave a magic wand without seeing but I can guarantee either a fix or a diagnosis of valve damage. It will be one or the other.

Price wise £50 to cover fuel and the obligatory travel lattes will cover the diagnosis and correction of the belt setup :y

Iv heard you are the man that can
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 27 February 2017, 14:59:35 »

James is the man that can sort it....if the timing is out. If the valves have had intercourse with the pistons.......that's a different story, I'm afraid.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 27 February 2017, 16:41:25 »

James is the man that can sort it....if the timing is out. If the valves have had intercourse with the pistons.......that's a different story, I'm afraid.

Not necessarily :y

If there is valve damage there's a good chance it can be saved. Will just take more time than a day :y

STEMO

« Reply #59 on: 27 February 2017, 17:06:47 »

Not necessarily :y

If there is valve damage there's a good chance it can be saved. Will just take more time than a day :y
I don't think £50 will cover it  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.