Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sutton bank  (Read 3407 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Sutton bank
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2018, 19:43:49 »

Caravans are banned (just from Sutton Bank, ..... (edited for personal attack on caravaners  ::)), so why the fick are HGV's allowed.
According to the warning signs below, 74 got stuck last year.  ;D

Exactly.
Caravans are banned, but the glider club at the top of the hill all tow their gliders up & down. And have you seen the diversion for caravans? It's the most torturous, narrow B road you could think of

I reckon I could still beat you from the lights towing vs you in your green Astra  ::)
My astra is blue, with a 163 bhp, 2 litre engine. I doubt you'd outdrag me in your mobile home towing a mobile home.  ;D

Thashing 163bhp through its chocolate gearbox, what could ever go wrong? ::) ::) ::) When I was looking at the possibility of buying an Astra van, a few years ago, I was warned this one was the one to avoid, unless I drove it like Tunnie a timid anxious nun. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 10 May 2018, 20:05:45 »

Caravans are banned (just from Sutton Bank, ..... (edited for personal attack on caravaners  ::)), so why the fick are HGV's allowed.
According to the warning signs below, 74 got stuck last year.  ;D

Exactly.
Caravans are banned, but the glider club at the top of the hill all tow their gliders up & down. And have you seen the diversion for caravans? It's the most torturous, narrow B road you could think of

I reckon I could still beat you from the lights towing vs you in your green Astra  ::)
My astra is blue, with a 163 bhp, 2 litre engine. I doubt you'd outdrag me in your mobile home towing a mobile home.  ;D

Thashing 163bhp through its chocolate gearbox, what could ever go wrong? ::) ::) ::) When I was looking at the possibility of buying an Astra van, a few years ago, I was warned this one was the one to avoid, unless I drove it like Tunnie a timid anxious nun. :o :o :o
Well, whoever warned you was a tosser. There are plenty about down your way. ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2018, 09:53:56 »

Hardknott pass is better. Sutton bank is no more than a girlie slope. :)
Which is still pretty tame.  The biggest issue there is the width, and the amount of bloody fact that you don't see the tourists behind the crests until it's almost too late.

FTFY
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 May 2018, 12:07:31 »

Looking at the heading . . .

I was thinking NatWest Bank, Barclays Bank, Santander etc etc  . . . . . Sutton ? never heard of it  ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2018, 12:27:00 »

Looking at the heading . . .

I was thinking NatWest Bank, Barclays Bank, Santander etc etc  . . . . . Sutton ? never heard of it  ::)

I have been wondering myself, so I did a search on "Sutton Vans" that I thought, wrongly, I remembered from childhood, then just "Sutton" to see what came up.

Just look at this gem about transport around Sutton that came up:
http://www.friendsofhoneywood.co.uk/Transport/1950s.htm

It is amazing what a search can do on Google!! :o :o :D :D :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 22 queries.