Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Plain Clothes Police Cars  (Read 3833 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Plain Clothes Police Cars
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2014, 22:15:52 »

One beef I have at the moment is plod breaking the law, without blues and twos on.

Dual carriageway, I was doing 75/80 ish. Plod branded car over takes me, doing around 90 without any blues on. It was a late afternoon empty roads, no one had passed me for a while, so clearly not tailing anyone.

Only required to be used if it's beneficial to making progress. Might simply have been looking to catch up with someone surreptitiously  :y

Not that I could see, very little on the roads in Wales  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2014, 22:36:26 »

I see Surrey Police have been driving a white lorry cab, so they can view lorry drivers on an equal level and look down into cars. They have caught nearly 500 people in 2 weeks, including quite a few were people typing on ipads and iphones on their laps while driving. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #17 on: 30 April 2014, 01:23:27 »

One beef I have at the moment is plod breaking the law, without blues and twos on.

Don't have to use em to be honest, when I did my advanced course we were in a plain T5, exemptions are speed limit +20mph on red rings & in nationals / motorways, no restrictions.

wiliferus

• Reading
    • 2003 2.6 CDX Saloon Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 April 2014, 06:06:29 »

That'll be a Force specific restriction, the legislation merely gives an exemption, and it's upto the driver to justify how fast they go. Different Forces have different policy guidance for their drivers.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 April 2014, 09:00:52 »

I see Surrey Police have been driving a white lorry cab, so they can view lorry drivers on an equal level and look down into cars. They have caught nearly 500 people in 2 weeks, including quite a few were people typing on ipads and iphones on their laps while driving. :o :o :o
Old news, west midlands,Suffolk,The met have all used a Scarnia"limiter removed" to veiw motorists from up high.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 April 2014, 10:01:36 »

Old news, west midlands,Suffolk,The met have all used a Scarnia"limiter removed" to veiw motorists from up high.

You do see some shocking things from a lorry cab! The worst I saw was a Dutch truck who overtook me on the M25 and the driver had his feet up on the dash and was reading a newspaper!  :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 April 2014, 20:31:54 »

Northamptonshire : Lime green Octavia VRS Saloon, Electric Blue Octavia VRS Saloon, Grey BMW X5 4.0d - All looking completely civilian.. (except for doing 80mph down the hard shoulder on concealed B & T with stationary traffic in lanes 1-3 of M1)  :o. Sneaky little ....  :-X

Met police : Mondeos old enough for Helen of Troy to have had one, the give away being black steelies and no wheel trims most often. 

Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

omega3000

« Reply #22 on: 02 May 2014, 15:54:07 »

Northamptonshire : Lime green Octavia VRS Saloon, Electric Blue Octavia VRS Saloon, Grey BMW X5 4.0d - All looking completely civilian.. (except for doing 80mph down the hard shoulder on concealed B & T with stationary traffic in lanes 1-3 of M1)  :o. Sneaky little ....  :-X

Met police : Mondeos old enough for Helen of Troy to have had one, the give away being black steelies and no wheel trims most often.

They must do something about those black steelies  ;D If you have a keen eye there is no way you will get caught out doing anything wrong  :P The camera's are a dead give away at any distance .. trouble is with most folk nowadays is all they do is look forward and never use mirrors and if in a bmw dont use indicators  ::)

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #23 on: 02 May 2014, 17:26:16 »

trouble is with most folk nowadays is all they do is look forward and never use mirrors and if in a bmw dont use indicators  ::)

thought that was just volvo drivers /??
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 May 2014, 18:53:42 »

that is actually on loan from kent...it is used to catch foreign lorry driver driving down the M20 whilst eating their breakfast :o
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 May 2014, 20:04:29 »

There's still a 56-plate Octavia in service around here. And one of the Mk1 vRSs lasted about 9 years, on an 03 plate. :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.