Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My exit strategy . . .  (Read 2956 times)

Rog

My exit strategy . . .
« on: 06 December 2013, 15:05:39 »

After living in London for over 40 years, I'm off. I'm from Wales originally, and now going back, not to my hometown but not very far. Been looking at houses for over 6 months, pulled out of one due to the amount of work required, but now had an offer accepted on another. I already have a buyer   :y

Spent last weekend in the town just to see what it was like. One thing was strange. I am used to hearing very little English in my local supermarket, down there mostly just two languages are heard, English and Welsh  :-X

Lots can go wrong yet, buyers pull out, sellers get a better deal etc, but so far SWMBO and I are really up for it  ;D

London's been good to me. Met my wife, brought up two great kids, provided a living. House has more than trippled in value, my purchase is less than half my selling price, so some much needed nestegg cash as I won't get a final salary pension as I don't work in the public sector/state  ::)

Anyway, you will all be invited to our farewell party in London or maybe houswarming in Wales :o
 . . . . . . I AM JOKING, I REALLY AM NOT SERIOUS  :o    ;D

MR MISTER

Re: My exit strategy . . .
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2013, 15:12:53 »

I've an idea where you live in North London, Rog, from the car videos. I've just posted your invitation on Facebook for you. :y

Rog

« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2013, 15:20:52 »

I've an idea where you live in North London, Rog, from the car videos. I've just posted your invitation on Facebook for you. :y

. . . . oh, ok then you can all come. The date is Saturday 18th October 2014. All day. Free booze. Great food, and you may even "pull", bring anyone else that you want to, the more the merrier. Address will be provided later, after the new people have moved in  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2013, 15:25:04 »

;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2013, 16:06:48 »

. . . . oh, ok then you can all come. The date is Saturday 18th October 2014. All day. Free booze. Great food, and you may even "pull", bring anyone else that you want to, the more the merrier. Address will be provided later, after the new people have moved in  ;D

....and don't forget we need plenty of loose available women........ ;)

MR MISTER

« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2013, 16:15:34 »

And/or loose men :y

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2013, 16:31:15 »

takes all sorts I suppose? :D

MR MISTER

« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2013, 16:39:34 »

takes all sorts I suppose? :D
Gixer takes all sorts  :y

Rog

« Reply #8 on: 06 December 2013, 16:56:33 »

When you say "loose" are you referring to pelvics floors or morals  ???

. . . . . . just wondering  ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 06 December 2013, 16:59:42 »

Both knowing him ::)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 December 2013, 20:11:14 »

lol ;D
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Rog

« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2013, 09:39:59 »

This whole this is now moving along. Survey done with nothing really bad (it's an old house)

Thinking about upgrading the garage to an office, or maybe even a sort of "sound room" where I can have a drum kit !  :y    :y Will probably need council Change of use though  ???

This is all a bit scary. Such a big change and move

Rog

« Reply #12 on: 18 March 2014, 09:38:14 »

Oh dear, this drags on and on . . . . .

The people buying our buyers house are dragging their heels so nobody in the chain can exchange contracts. There's a risk that we will lose the house that we want to buy  >:(

We've bought and sold a few times over the years, it's never been as stressful as this before . . . .

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 March 2014, 09:44:13 »

Bugger, been dragging on a bit now.  :(

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

chrisgixer

« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2014, 11:09:04 »

Don't lift a finger until contracts exchanged.

Considered renting yours?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.