Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My exit strategy . . .  (Read 2957 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: My exit strategy . . .
« Reply #30 on: 02 April 2014, 11:45:02 »

You havn't got time to be messing about on here!  :o  Get packing!!  :D

Good luck Rog and just think that this time next week you'll be sat back with your wellies on, looking out at all those tempting sheep on your lonely windswept Welsh hillside!  :y
Fixed that for you Tigs ;D ;D

Baaaa!!!  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rog

« Reply #31 on: 02 April 2014, 14:58:20 »

You havn't got time to be messing about on here!  :o  Get packing!!  :D

Good luck Rog and just think that this time next week you'll be sat back with your wellies on, looking out at all those tempting sheep on your lonely windswept Welsh hillside!  :y
Fixed that for you Tigs ;D ;D

Actually, seems to be more of that where I live now than down there . . .

Just up the road from me . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/28/tottenham-spurs-cow-sheep-sex_n_4680192.html

;D    ;D

Rog

« Reply #32 on: 04 April 2014, 07:19:04 »

Phase 1 today - Move from house to Flat
No contracts have been exchanged. The entire chain is exchanging AND completing on the same day. Unusual to say the least, but it does happen, However it all depends upon every solicitor involved doing what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. If they don't, someone could end up without somewhere to live ! I hope the local Travelodge has rooms  ;D

Also today, exchanging contracts in house in Wales, with completion in just over a week.  :y

Still packing up stuff . . . . .

Stemo

« Reply #33 on: 04 April 2014, 07:31:38 »

Good luck,Rog. Remember, plenty of 'I'm in charge' type shouting.

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #34 on: 04 April 2014, 07:35:30 »

Well at least its not April 1. Good luck!

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

Rog

« Reply #35 on: 04 April 2014, 09:39:18 »

Good luck,Rog. Remember, plenty of 'I'm in charge' type shouting.

SWMBO does that . . . . at me  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 April 2014, 09:55:33 »

Fingers crossed Rog!  :y  Although I'm sure you could get used to living in a Travelodge.  ::)  ;D

Rog

« Reply #37 on: 11 April 2014, 12:52:14 »

Friday 4th 10am. Estate agent calls and tells me that first in the chain has exchanged and completed

. . . then the next, then the next, and then around 3.30 my turn ! My house is no longer mine and a flat up the road becomes mine. The contracts exchanged on house in Wales, and on Monday 14th I get the keys. Heading down the M4 to a travelodge in two cars on Sunday !

Stemo

« Reply #38 on: 11 April 2014, 12:57:05 »

Friday 4th 10am. Estate agent calls and tells me that first in the chain has exchanged and completed

. . . then the next, then the next, and then around 3.30 my turn ! My house is no longer mine and a flat up the road becomes mine. The contracts exchanged on house in Wales, and on Monday 14th I get the keys. Heading down the M4 to a travelodge in two cars on Sunday !
Good luck, Rog. Peace and quiet are just around the corner.......hope you don't get bored.... ::)

Rog

« Reply #39 on: 11 April 2014, 13:33:28 »

Good luck, Rog. Peace and quiet are just around the corner.......hope you don't get bored.... ::)

Ha ! I wish. Not for a while yet. I've still got my office in London to close down, and I will be working as a self employed consultant for the company that is taking over my business. They will want their pound of flesh.   :(

Rog

« Reply #40 on: 19 April 2014, 08:36:58 »

This is a new one for me.

When you move into a house, it's not unusual for tightarse sellers to remove almost anything of any value, you know you hear stories of lightbulbs being taken etc.

How about all the coaxial connectors on all the aerial cables ? This is a big house with TV sockets in almost every room. All connectors ripped off. Amazing. Especially when B&Q sell a pack of 10 for just £2.   >:(

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 April 2014, 17:20:17 »

I recall a house where they rolled up the loft insulation and took it.

lightbulbs and garden shrubs are common.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #42 on: 19 April 2014, 18:11:35 »

This is a new one for me.

When you move into a house, it's not unusual for tightarse sellers to remove almost anything of any value, you know you hear stories of lightbulbs being taken etc.

How about all the coaxial connectors on all the aerial cables ? This is a big house with TV sockets in almost every room. All connectors ripped off. Amazing. Especially when B&Q sell a pack of 10 for just £2.   >:(

I must admit when i sold a house, i did remove the dimmer switches and replace with ordinary switches, but in my defence 4x remote control dimmer switches = £140....

I did take the woman that owned this house to the small claims court for removing an electric cooker that was on the fixture and fittings list.....i did contact her initially about her oversight.....her attitude stank, so i took her to court....she paid me an agreed £100, out of court settlement in the end......after she had paid me.....she kept contacting me, asking why i hadnt cancelled the court summons....i did cancel it, 1 hour before the hearing.....i hoped she had travelled the 50 miles to the court, just find out she had a wasted trip  ::) ;D

She also did mess me about on my moving in day......when you get the keys....the place is suppose to be empty....i got the keys and guess....she hadnt moved out yet.....so im sitting outside in my car and i got 2 x removable guys sitting there in their van with my stuff inside and its costing me £40/hr......we sat there 4 hours till she was gone  >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19 April 2014, 18:31:01 »

It must be a Welsh thing Rog! I rent some house's in South Wales and when tenants leave it's not uncommon to find the plug's missing from the TV cables.  ::)

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 April 2014, 22:40:17 »

the first house I bought, we paid for a few of the carpets, but I wasnt bothered about the bedroom carpet, they left it as part of the deal, be ok for a few months,

that evening the previous owner walked in the house using a key to take the carpet back, he thought I was out.

first thing to do is change all the locks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.