Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boom!!!  (Read 1085 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Boom!!!
« on: 17 April 2014, 13:57:30 »

I was in the garden the other day when I heard a loud BANG! which was loud enough to make me jump!! WTF I thought!!  :o :o :o

Turned out to be this.....  ::)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2606085/Pictured-Incredible-moment-unexploded-HAND-GRENADE-WWII-D-Day-rehearsal-detonates-Dorset-beach-tourist.html
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

DaveA

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicestershire
    • Insignia CDTI SE 160
    • View Profile
Re: Boom!!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2014, 20:34:53 »

We were holidaying in Charmouth for a week from the 15 March, walked up and down the beach most nights.    :o   :o
Regards
    Dave

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2014, 21:23:34 »

Me and my mate used to ride out to RAF Cowden bombing range as a kid, we used to collect bits of shells off the beach and fire ball bearings at the A10's with my catapult while they was using the strafing range (yes I was a naughty child  :-X ;D)

It was a 7 mile trip each way and one sunny day, we were riding home when my mate got a flat tyre.
We pushed his bike to a village telephone box and phoned his old man to pick him up.
So there we were, sat at the side of the road comparing our findings.
We had allsorts of twisted shapes of metal and the concrete ends of various dummy rounds but pride of place was this blue thing that resembled a little bomb that we was convinced we could sell at school and make a few quid out of  ;)
Believe me, Richard Branson had nothing on me and my mate Pete.  Golf balls liberated from the fairway at the local golf club / daffodils off the back of farmers trailers in the springtime was always a good little earner  :y ;D ;D

Anyway about 30 minutes later, his old man turns up, removes the front wheel of his pushbike and they both drive off without me so I looked down at the 2 carry bags, grabbed mine and when nobody was looking I swung the bag around my head a few times and let it fly off into the field. 
Well there was a chuffin big bang and lots of nice orange smoke  :o :o

Believe me, I had 38 mph on the speedo out of my 5 geared racer on the way home  ;D ;D ;D

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2014, 19:34:46 »

What a dickhead, picking up an old grenade and taking it to a "public" building ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2014, 23:06:23 »

What a dickhead, picking up an old grenade and taking it to a "public" building ::)

That's true as well, not just a Mail embellishment!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.