Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hillsborough  (Read 6701 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Hillsborough
« on: 29 June 2018, 11:14:27 »

Is this really in the public interest after so long ? If they were going to do it, it should have been done years ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44656778

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Hillsborough
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2018, 11:41:33 »

Were they deliberately negligent, or was it simply that procedures and systems in place at the time were woefully lacking  :-\

Surely the whole saga has surely cost everybody involved, not to mention the tax payers, far more time, emotion and cash than the end result could ever warrant  :-\

Repeatedly trying the same organizations/people for the same thing and expecting a different result is surely madness.
Onanists always think outside the box.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2018, 13:48:32 »

They were criminally negligent, lied about it , falsified evidence and officers statements ,blamed victims for their own deaths, those deaths their poor decision making caused whilst in a position of responsibility.

Yeah...it most definitely is in the public interest and most certainly for 96 families 

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2018, 14:06:20 »

They were criminally negligent, lied about it , falsified evidence and officers statements ,blamed victims for their own deaths, those deaths their poor decision making caused whilst in a position of responsibility.

Yeah...it most definitely is in the public interest and most certainly for 96 families

^^This.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2018, 14:36:22 »

Can't argue with that, although it begs the question as to why this wasn't dealt with at the time  :-\

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2018, 14:41:49 »

I dont understand how a thousand or so people who turned up without tickets intending to force their way in are not in anyway to blame?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2018, 14:47:42 »

I dont understand how a thousand or so people who turned up without tickets intending to force their way in are not in anyway to blame?
Clearly they are... But presumably cannot be held to account in court :-\

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2018, 14:54:26 »

Can't argue with that, although it begs the question as to why this wasn't dealt with at the time  :-\

Because of this, it took 20 yrs of fighting by the families to get to the truth
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2018, 15:02:27 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2018, 15:05:46 »

:y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2018, 16:05:43 »

Is this really in the public interest after so long ? If they were going to do it, it should have been done years ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44656778

I've never understood the argument that the passage of time can lead to a case no longer being in the public interest to pursue.  :-\ The natural end to that argument is that as long as you can get away with your crime/wrongdoing for a certain period of time, then you no longer need to be held to account for it.

No argument that it should have been dealt with at the time, but, much like the paedophile priests in the Catholic church, there was a powerful organisation that made it its business to ensure that "their men" didn't get the blame for what happened.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2018, 17:02:23 »

Yeah, bored already.

I'm sure there will be another vigil, and then the spongers looking for compo.  FFS, it was a million years ago, time to move on (20yrs ago).

I'm sure in 22yrs time, the firefighters at Grenfell will be deemed to have lied and covered up.  And that's another bunch of wasters that need to shut up and move on.  And also Manchester Arena....    ….and I could go on and on and one and..
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2018, 17:11:36 »

Yeah, bored already.

I'm sure there will be another vigil, and then the spongers looking for compo.  FFS, it was a million years ago, time to move on (20yrs ago).

I'm sure in 22yrs time, the firefighters at Grenfell will be deemed to have lied and covered up.  And that's another bunch of wasters that need to shut up and move on.  And also Manchester Arena....    ….and I could go on and on and one and..
You do.  :)

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 June 2018, 18:15:22 »

Typically ill informed opinion. >:(
They weren't" ticket less yobs", despite having larger fan support Liverpool were given the smaller end which caused large queues at the turnstiles and instead of delaying the kick off so they could all get in the police took the decision to just open the gates and let everyone in at once without directing the fans to the stands either side of the central one where everyone died a horrible crushing death.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 June 2018, 00:45:15 »

I think there is sufficient evidence of criminal negligence and then the cover up to mean it needs to be tried in a court and those responsible convicted or cleared. The 96 families will then hopefully see justice done which will help them with coming to terms and closure for this awful catastrophe. :'(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.