Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3036443 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #18240 on: 21 April 2019, 19:47:32 »

Used the Merc for the commute to work , just makes me believe what an absolute bargain this car was odometer clicked over to 40,000 miles on the journey home , had it 3.5 years and it hasn't missed a beat.😎

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18241 on: 21 April 2019, 19:56:08 »

spent a few days looking at all the car trader sites to find a  zafira B  to replace the last corsa on the fleet,  7 seats needed apparently  :-\ corsa has a boot that you could cram at least one body into  ::)
seen some right heaps , why do people lie when they advertise cars  >:(
drove many miles to see junk ,only fit for scrapping
then , get sent a link for one local by my brother , about 20 houses down the street .
(so close, i walked   :o :D)
mint car,lovely people, 12 months mot ,deal done , :)
collect tomorrow , will need to do the cambelt (i think Terry has a guide  ;D) etc and check it over,rustproof etc before it joins the fleet (even though it has a new MOT) because it's family  ::)
Do you ever have time to do any actual building, or do you have minions for that?
i spend far too much time fixing and managing  the fleet of rusty vauxhalls  :D ;D but do manage to get a few building jobs done ,though ,currently renovating home too, so many paid jobs are turned down or people wait till i can get round to them  , plus side i'm never short of work,  down side i'm not getting rich  :D but family is important to me  :-[ they know sod all about cars ,I do (well rusty vauxhalls anyway )  ;D :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18242 on: 22 April 2019, 07:40:31 »

Sold it. :'(.  A sad day in Hoof'land, if I had the space would have kept it, also these old girls need regular looking after, and I've got lazy, it's gone to a good home, and the chap who bought it says he will look after the barge,and send me regular updates on it's new life...

Replaced it with a vectra in a posh frock,, technically still a GM product.
Hoof'land storeman.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18243 on: 22 April 2019, 08:58:19 »

spent a few days looking at all the car trader sites to find a  zafira B  to replace the last corsa on the fleet,  7 seats needed apparently  :-\ corsa has a boot that you could cram at least one body into  ::)
seen some right heaps , why do people lie when they advertise cars  >:(
drove many miles to see junk ,only fit for scrapping
then , get sent a link for one local by my brother , about 20 houses down the street .
(so close, i walked   :o :D)
mint car,lovely people, 12 months mot ,deal done , :)
collect tomorrow , will need to do the cambelt (i think Terry has a guide  ;D) etc and check it over,rustproof etc before it joins the fleet (even though it has a new MOT) because it's family  ::)
Do you ever have time to do any actual building, or do you have minions for that?
i spend far too much time fixing and managing  the fleet of rusty vauxhalls  :D ;D but do manage to get a few building jobs done ,though ,currently renovating home too, so many paid jobs are turned down or people wait till i can get round to them  , plus side i'm never short of work,  down side i'm not getting rich  :D but family is important to me  :-[ they know sod all about cars ,I do (well rusty vauxhalls anyway )  ;D :D
My sentiments exactly, Dave. I support my four children any way I can, and providing them with transport is how I do it, It was Omegas for many years, but now they are rusting away, so they will have to make do with Astras.
Jonny came to lunch yesterday, arriving in his 2010 171K miles Astra, due MOT May 18th, and leaving in the 2006 150K miles red Astra I bought 12 April 2019, now sorted. When he had left, I test drove his Astra, goes very well, and I noticed it lacked the front end clonking of the red Astra - drop links or steering rack play?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18244 on: 22 April 2019, 09:17:39 »

Sold it. :'(.  A sad day in Hoof'land, if I had the space would have kept it, also these old girls need regular looking after, and I've got lazy, it's gone to a good home, and the chap who bought it says he will look after the barge,and send me regular updates on it's new life...

Oh dear, not a Signum?  :-\  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18245 on: 22 April 2019, 09:23:56 »

I assumed be meant a Saab. Poor bloke.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18246 on: 22 April 2019, 09:24:59 »

could be many things Terry ,drop links is a very common clonk
as you don't have it now to check  ::) advise the driver to not push the car too hard, until you have had time to look  :y
shocks,broken springs,strut top mounts ,inner and outer T.R ends or wishbones are all possibilities . may even be something loose ,non suspension related .

hopefully the 2010 astra will not need much and you will get the red one back quickly to diagnose what is clonking

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #18247 on: 22 April 2019, 09:59:36 »

Yes a slab,   I don't have Lord Opti's wealth, so a jaaag and Sigmund we're out of the question,.... But the slab, appeared, low mileage, full history, and all the toys.
Hoof'land storeman.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18248 on: 22 April 2019, 10:27:16 »

Yes a slab,   I don't have Lord Opti's wealth, so a jaaag and Sigmund we're out of the question,.... But the slab, appeared, low mileage, full history, and all the toys.

I had run out in an 08 Aero estate last week,260 ponys and very nice but £555 road tax is a bitter pill to swallow,they only want a grand for the car but the tax niggles me
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #18249 on: 22 April 2019, 10:46:41 »

I had run out in an 08 Aero estate last week,260 ponys and very nice but £555 road tax is a bitter pill to swallow,they only want a grand for the car but the tax niggles me

Depending on it's milage, that's very cheap for a slab aero, I think mine is about the same as the barge was, I was hoping it was going to be less, it might even do 30mpg, so my mate reckons, as he gets 34mpg from his.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18250 on: 22 April 2019, 13:52:29 »

Depending on it's milage, that's very cheap for a slab aero, I think mine is about the same as the barge was, I was hoping it was going to be less, it might even do 30mpg, so my mate reckons, as he gets 34mpg from his.

9-3 or 9-5?  ???  I always quite fancied a 9-5 estate.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #18251 on: 22 April 2019, 14:25:28 »

9-3 or 9-5?  ???  I always quite fancied a 9-5 estate.  :y

9-3, vector anniversary estate, in rare silver, .. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18252 on: 22 April 2019, 20:48:28 »

It is cheap(130k miles),auto with steering wheel paddles,averaging about 25 mpg doing Shortish runs locally,im still tempted  as its in lovely condition but it would  mean my Merc going and not sure I'm  ready for that  :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18253 on: 23 April 2019, 07:36:20 »

Washed the Monza and the Zaf
Monza being viewed by an Irishman flying in on Thursday :y
Zaf was supposed to be viewed by someone who never turned up yesterday afternoon >:(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #18254 on: 23 April 2019, 16:08:54 »

It is cheap(130k miles),auto with steering wheel paddles,averaging about 25 mpg doing Shortish runs locally,im still tempted  as its in lovely condition but it would  mean my Merc going and not sure I'm  ready for that  :-X

Similar spec to mine, auto with flappy paddles, think mine is the little one only 210bhp.
Hoof'land storeman.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.