Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next step... V6 starts but rough as a Hedgehog's back - what now?  (Read 11758 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Next step... V6 starts but rough as a Hedgehog's back - what now?
« Reply #105 on: 21 November 2014, 13:23:56 »

Fair enough, that makes sense.

I have to say I'm a little suprised, well, confused, at the number of tensioners for sale second hand. I'm all for fitting a used, known good part to a car, but in this case surely asecond hand tensioner that are prone to going pop after 40k+, and even if unused after 4 years+ will do the same, selling a used tensioner seems like selling second hand oil???

Yep.. Except you can burn 2nd hand oil, so it has some use. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #106 on: 21 November 2014, 13:27:11 »

It's a bit like KFC... as long as people buy it, then other people will sell it ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #107 on: 21 November 2014, 13:29:40 »

It's a bit like KFC... as long as people buy it, then other people will sell it ::)

KFC is very tasty, though. Don't think I'd want to eat second hand oil or .. well I suppose I probably am with the KFC ;D

omega3000

« Reply #108 on: 21 November 2014, 13:31:44 »

SHE LIVES AND BREATHES AND HUMS LIKE A SEWING MACHINE OPERATED BY FASTIDIOUS BEES!!!!!

Well done ..glad you sorted it  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #109 on: 21 November 2014, 13:46:24 »

KFC is very tasty, though. Don't think I'd want to eat second hand oil or .. well I suppose I probably am with the KFC ;D
Yeah ok, not the best analogy  ::) ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 21 November 2014, 13:55:09 »

You're not eating second hand meat with KFC, that's McDonald's you're thinking of... KFC use genetically, chemically mutated meat, but at least it's fresh  :D

Both, of course, ensure the animals live in only the very highest standard of tortuous squalor.  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 21 November 2014, 13:59:21 »

You're not eating second hand meat cardboard with KFC, that's McDonald's you're thinking of... KFC use genetically, chemically mutated meat, but at least it's fresh vaguely of animal origin :D

Both, of course, ensure the animals live in only the very highest standard of tortuous squalor.  :y

Fixed. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 21 November 2014, 14:13:12 »

The utter delight that I have been experiencing since half 5 last night, I cannot over emphasise.  :D
Before I'd got my work suit off I marched through the house, and turned her over

:o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Thank fek you sorted it! Was getting concerned for a while that there was some gremlin living in your engine bay severing wires / causing chaos while you were on 'ere talkin' about vac leaks  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 21 November 2014, 14:17:38 »

You're not eating second hand meat cardboard with KFC, that's McDonald's you're thinking of... KFC use genetically, chemically mutated meat, but at least it's fresh vaguely of animal origin :D

Fixed. :y

haha!!!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 21 November 2014, 14:17:52 »

The utter delight that I have been experiencing since half 5 last night, I cannot over emphasise.  :D
Before I'd got my work suit off I marched through the house, and turned her over

:o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Thank fek you sorted it! Was getting concerned for a while that there was some gremlin living in your engine bay severing wires / causing chaos while you were on 'ere talkin' about vac leaks  ;D

and hahah!!! again!

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 30 March 2015, 13:57:15 »

Ok, so as we know my old lady is nearly there - new suspension, cambelt, pulleys, brake hoses, and just a fuel leak, wheels to source and wiper arms to refit (need to find out about this sealant you're supposed to use to avoid the coil pack getting wet/damaged) I have slightly rough/lumpy idling again. I've shield away from running her until after the cambelt was changed. This is now done, so I can re-investigate.

It could be the coil pack which has become damaged with water ingress or...

Given that the car was laid up originally because 'it just died' one day (and was eventually traced to a dead crank sensor) a new one was subsequently fitted, by which time she has been replaced with a FL  :'(, and never run again. but

What if that was the wrong sensor fitted? It wouldn't necessarily show up immediately, and the 5-6 months she's been idling once or twice a week must surely only add up to barely a week or two's normal driving, in terms of minutes of engine running time.

What do we think? Either way it's two potentially expensive things causing the lumpy idle (which goes away over say 1500rpm) so I'd rather not just pop off and buy a brand new DIS pac and crank sensor on a whim - especially if it ends up being something like a wire not plugged in properly, you know?  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 30 March 2015, 18:45:08 »

....need to find out about this sealant you're supposed to use to avoid the coil pack getting wet/damaged.

I use ordinary builders clear silicone which can be had for around £3 for a big tube.  :y  I believe that some of our wealthier members use cam cover goo!  :o  ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 30 March 2015, 18:49:35 »

If you're going to use silicone in visible areas(and there are plenty of reasons to do so), use black and wipe off any excess. It just looks less like a bodge that way.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 30 March 2015, 18:50:57 »

If you're going to use silicone in visible areas(and there are plenty of reasons to do so), use black and wipe off any excess. It just looks less like a bodge that way.

::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 31 March 2015, 09:32:28 »

Cheers boys! At least now that the cambelt's done I know I can rev her without the fear that the engine will go pop any second now!  :)

Still nonethewiser about that idle, though... hmmmm

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.