Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 20 mph!  (Read 2740 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: 20 mph!
« Reply #15 on: 09 May 2019, 13:47:39 »

Is Furious Riding still an offence?

Until the RTA is changed to cover bicycles then yes.  It still comes under the same laws from the 1800s introduced for horse and carriage.

Boy what a modern country we live in.
About as modern as the Hackney Carriage legislation then :D

Or the drivers that operate under them ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 May 2019, 15:38:31 »

:P
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 May 2019, 00:40:27 »

Will that affect bicycles ? A lot of our eastern European residents here cycle well above that speed on the pavement here !

Unfortunately bicycles are not subject to speed limits as such.  A court ruled a few years ago that because they are not required to have a speedo there is no obligation on the rider to adhere to the limit.  Trust me, anyone who rides for long enough knows exactly what speed they are doing on a bike through feeling alone.

Anyone who rides on the pavement is a fool.  Anyone riding on a pavement that is shared use at 20mph needs a smack on the head.  This is why I rarely use them because of the risk my speeds pose to pedestrians (especially kids) I may come across.

Spot on, I use them in places but hate them where they mix as a very bad combination cyclists & predistrians. This really is not a good combination, especially when cyclists don't have segregated lanes. Where I will do up to 20mph or more when clear I always slow right down ready to stop when I'm sharing them with adults & unpredictable children & dogs.

Most cycle lanes are totally useless when trying to get from A to B where you have to give way every few metres which equates to road uses in a hurry where they need to make a living, cyclists quite obviously don't as they are going to work. :( :( :( Having attempted to use Camberley's cycle paths, they were quite obviously designed by Theresa May before she became an MP. Frimley Road from Frimley roundabout towards Camberley is a classic on how not to design them, each give way/dead end 10m length of them. >:( >:( >:(

The end result, when something is totally useless, you don't use it & happy to cycle down the Frimley Road, planner failure & cyclist pragmatic success is measured by the 0.5 mile queue of vehicles that can't get past you. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2019, 08:49:28 »

cyclist pragmatic success is measured by the 0.5 mile queue of vehicles that can't get past you. ;D ;D ;D

But that's why TB will have you up against the wall, Rods, and not in the nice way.. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.