Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth Wireless Dongle  (Read 8434 times)

STEMO

Re: Bluetooth Wireless Dongle
« Reply #30 on: 13 June 2019, 13:26:18 »

I haven't used a PC for about three years now. iPad does for me.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 June 2019, 13:34:19 »

My eldest gave me his old Ipad, Bloody thing kept losing t.internet connection so i gave it to my youngest, and he promptly broke it. ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 June 2019, 14:06:32 »

I have both, but the iPad is so lacking in power to compute anything that is too big for it's pitiful capacity, memory, and makes it impossible to really go on Google and bring up any web page that has pictures, adverts, and numerous lists of anything without freezing as it tries so hard to cope.  That is why I  still love my PC, as a laptop would be of no use to me as I would never take it out of the house! ::) ::) :D :D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 13 June 2019, 14:43:34 »

I have both, but the iPad is so lacking in power to compute anything that is too big for it's pitiful capacity, memory, and makes it impossible to really go on Google and bring up any web page that has pictures, adverts, and numerous lists of anything without freezing as it tries so hard to cope.  That is why I  still love my PC, as a laptop would be of no use to me as I would never take it out of the house! ::) ::) :D :D ;)
Try buying a decent iPad  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 June 2019, 15:11:34 »

I have been led to believe that even new iPads suffer from a lack of memory, and the flaw that you cannot 'bolt on' extra capacity. ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 June 2019, 12:43:09 »

I am seriously looking at upgrading my PC so it has Bluetooth built in. ;)
Which might not necessarily resolve the problem....

Maybe, but I would then know I have an up to date, fully loaded, PC that is not prehistoric in your techie terms (that is now just over 5 years old!!). ;D ;D ;)
Well, as I've said before, my usual laptop and main desktop were both purchased in 2007, so 12yrs old.  You don't need latest and greatest for general use.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 June 2019, 12:45:05 »

I have been led to believe that even new iPads suffer from a lack of memory, and the flaw that you cannot 'bolt on' extra capacity. ???
They are not upgradable, but plenty good enough if you want a tablet.

So sounds like yours is either old, or knackered
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 15 June 2019, 13:03:28 »

And, of course, dependent on your Wi-fi speed and quality.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 June 2019, 19:47:06 »

I am seriously looking at upgrading my PC so it has Bluetooth built in. ;)
Which might not necessarily resolve the problem....

Maybe, but I would then know I have an up to date, fully loaded, PC that is not prehistoric in your techie terms (that is now just over 5 years old!!). ;D ;D ;)
Well, as I've said before, my usual laptop and main desktop were both purchased in 2007, so 12yrs old.  You don't need latest and greatest for general use.

I am gobsmacked TB!! I assumed, obviously wrongly, that you as a full professional techie would slag off any computer so old, which even to a novice like me, is, well, prehistoric! And you have one! :o :o :o

We live and learn 8) 8) Thanks TB you have just saved me hundreds of pounds  :-* :-* :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 June 2019, 19:53:53 »

Ah, that is interesting. My BT fibre optic, well to the green box in the street, meets all the speed checks I have done and for me in practical terms is usually as fast as I need, and is supersonic compared to how fast my iPad loads!

So, could it be the internet speed to the iPad that stops it from working well with big internet sites, or, as said, my iPad (yes, it is years old!) basically past it?

Time for a new iPad perhaps, as it looks as though I am keeping my (still non-Bluetooth) Desktop PC! :D

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 15 June 2019, 20:06:42 »

Ah, that is interesting. My BT fibre optic, well to the green box in the street, meets all the speed checks I have done and for me in practical terms is usually as fast as I need, and is supersonic compared to how fast my iPad loads!

So, could it be the internet speed to the iPad that stops it from working well with big internet sites, or, as said, my iPad (yes, it is years old!) basically past it?

Time for a new iPad perhaps, as it looks as though I am keeping my (still non-Bluetooth) Desktop PC! :D
I've got a newish 10" iPad, which is very fast, and a two year old mini, which is really slow. Go figure.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15 June 2019, 20:12:23 »

I've got a newish 10" iPad, which is very fast, and a two year old mini, which is really slow. Go figure.

Thanks Steve :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 15 June 2019, 20:43:38 »

Silly question - does the soundbar support a bluetooth connection from more than one device at once?

Have you tried disconnecting from the ipad ?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 June 2019, 00:27:20 »

Silly question - does the soundbar support a bluetooth connection from more than one device at once?

Have you tried disconnecting from the ipad ?

Yes Andy. Not only was my PC paired and recognised with the Panosonic soundbar, but so is my iPad.

The problems started after months of using a Bluetooth dongle from Curry's PC World, enjoying iTunes being streamed through, and it just ceasing to function.  Hence why I bought a replacement - then another - then another without joy! :'( :'( ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 June 2019, 10:32:47 »

Try you iPad on a speedtest site in various areas of the house.  If its old, the only 2.4GHz Wifi might be g standard (54MBps), which translates in reality to about 20-23Mbps best case.  If it supports 5Ghz, that frequency doesn't penetrate walls too well, so might only reach the better speeds when close to the router.

My gayPad is an Air <something>, about 4yrs old, and perfectly fine once booted.  The pace of mobile development, plus the fact that mobile OS was built without thinking about security in any way, means the hardware quickly goes out of date, and is impossible to upgrade components to faster, newer options.  That's the same for Android and iOS devices.  Windows tablets - which I would not recommend unless you really need one - fair better due to the maturity of Windows.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.