Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 4399 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2018, 22:41:53 »

I've had it for many years, particularly annoying when you home in on it, or someone mentions it so you home in on it.    ::)
Mine sounds like a cross between an airline (compressor type, not a plane) constantly running and a ringing at the same time. Mine was caused by noisy factory environment apparently. I've had the brain scans but nothing they can do apparently.

ditto : same cause & hoofin around on bikes since I was 16 has probably added to it  ::)
Talked to the experts & had the scans & there`s booger all they can do about it  :P
I`m particularly sensitive now to certain noise frequencies that irritate the problem & half deafen me

Another cause is long term use of script drugs. if you notice it early enough, talk to your quack & try summat else.

I`ve had it for seven years now, a constant ringing in my left ear, and it came on overnight, drove me up the wall to start with but then you learn to live with it, as others have said.
I had a MRI scan and blood test but they couldn`t find anything causing it.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2018, 22:53:35 »

Been suffering from it for about 12 years, I think as a result of riding motorbikes with high helmet wind noise when making good journey progress and not using ear plugs until I was in my 40's when I was aware of how much my hearing was diminished at the end of a long journey. :-[

It sounds like a constant 1k whistle in both my ears. Like pain, I find by ignoring it my brain doesn't register it and annoy me, unless reminded. I have suffered from glue ear all of my life (runs in the family along with regular ear infections), but cleaning my ears doesn't help, just makes hearing easier.

Never bothered going to the doctors over it as I know there is nothing they can do.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 July 2018, 00:38:53 »

When i had my Atrial Fibrillation,(erratic heartbeat) my Tinnitus was very loud but since Papworth fixed it with a catheter ablation it,s now mostly a gentle hiss. Which in time or when i get engrossed in something it fades to almost nothing.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 02 July 2018, 06:42:00 »

I'm certainly not alone, then.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #19 on: 02 July 2018, 08:00:00 »

Had it for several years, had to have a hearing aid two years ago when tested I had a 70 per cent loss of hearing the aid improved everything ,but unfortunately the NHS contract has been taken on by Specsavers who are worse than useless to the point that I have ordered spares direct from the manufacturer.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 July 2018, 10:27:41 »

Mine started very suddenly just after I had decided to take an Aspirin a day to try and prevent the extremely common heart attacks which run through my family. Someone (cant remember who) told me that this can be a side effect of Aspirin.  :-\
I think though that a lifetime of very loud music through earphones and guitar amps, riding motorbikes without earplugs until in my 40,s - same as Rods2, and working in very noisy workplaces even when using ear protection as I usually did, have all had a cumulative effect.
Its possible I suppose that the blood thinning effect of Aspirin allowed it to start earlier than it would have.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 July 2018, 11:02:46 »

I've had this intermittent annoying sound in one of my ears for nearly 27 years  :(
The doctors tried everything but nothing could be found  :(

Funny enough, it tends to disappear when the missus is not in the room  :-\

I do wonder ..................  :-X :D :D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 July 2018, 22:20:43 »

I thought i,d gone deaf the other day, then realised that SWMBO had gone shopping. ;) :-[

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 02 July 2018, 22:23:07 »

I thought i,d gone deaf the other day, then realised that SWMBO had gone shopping. ;) :-[

;D ;D If my wife yaps about work and stuff, I tell her to shut up.
If she sits quiet, I say "What's up with you?"  :)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 July 2018, 19:22:15 »

I now wear ear defenders when i'm using any power tools.

I have mild tinnitus, and joking apart, after my wife has decided to scream at me (she's highly strung perhaps - or maybe I'm just exactly the man she says I am and she has reason to), I can lie in bed and I can here "grinders" and in particular "Flapper Wheels on rusty metal.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 July 2018, 21:07:12 »

A word of caution to anyone who thinks they have Tinnitus. It can be an underlying sign of a brain tumour, which is why they do a brain scan when its reported. If you haven't been to see a Doc, do so.
I had a brain scan when mine developed ,but they said they couldn't find anything.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 03 July 2018, 21:14:29 »

A word of caution to anyone who thinks they have Tinnitus. It can be an underlying sign of a brain tumour, which is why they do a brain scan when its reported. If you haven't been to see a Doc, do so.
I had a brain scan when mine developed ,but they said they couldn't find anything.  :D
A brain scan? In Barnsley?  ;D
Yer'll get two aspirin and like it,lad.

Jukeboxnut

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2004 2.2 auto CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 July 2018, 21:19:20 »

I've had tinnitus for over 30 years now, originally caused by playing in a pub rock band (drummer used two bass drums very loudly).  I have become used to it and generally tune it out most of the time only really aware of it when tired or in a particularly quiet environment.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 July 2018, 21:40:55 »

Cotton buds should be made much longer
that way , you could force the wax out the other ear like a drain rod
Dragon's den idea  :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 July 2018, 21:53:15 »

Had one of those, they are still looking. ::) ;D

Seriously, have had two in two years as a result of the damage from my flu jab and the optical nerve damage. Where my dad had MS that has been ruled out and everything is stable and fine. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.