Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Tools
« Reply #30 on: 27 July 2006, 14:13:44 »

heard good stuff about them too - arent they now part of the sealey group?
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

v6man54deg              Geffd

• Wirral Merseyside
  • V6 man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 July 2006, 21:43:47 »

I have mostly snap on - but a good few halfords profesional which i have found to be good. I looked at one of those sets that someone had - only problem was, the T55 socket in the set wouldn't take a V6 head off - probably more chance of taking your head off - It narrowed in after the T55 bit - you can buy a 1/2 inch one from halfords that does do the job.
Cam gears too T50 I have had snap on ones snap off - giving a good belt to the head  :-X so be careful using these sets on Extra tight bolts!!!!!!

One of the most handy tools to get for V6 work is a 10mm ratchet spanner. great for getting that coolant outlet pipe out - I also bought the halfords torx spanner set......... most unused set of spanners in my box - why cos they are not angled heads  >:(

Best recent tool buy Laser ratchet with a special head - its hinged around the ratchet part - this is ideal to get a good swing - usually you tend to get a couple of clicks of the ratchet and then hit something- or your knuckles do - this just hinges out of the way Its brilliant!!

I can vouch for the jcb makro offer - - - - amazing value

I am also amazed that so many people rate halfords. I am not disagreeing, not at all, i have no experience of there socket sets. Just read a similar forum elsewhere slating them - It was a rover site so they probably dont know much.

If the guys on here say go halfords, then go halfords.

so Sealey or clarke anyone i need a new torque wrench...... :)
V6 problems solved : Worked at the V6 Engine plant for 13 years on durability testing and warranty issues, this job included many trips to Russelsheim, Trollhattan, Michigan, Atlanta,keiserslaughtern.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 July 2006, 10:46:26 »

Should have added, my most used tool is a big set of water pump pliers similar to these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/16-400MM-WATER-PUMP-PLIERS-PROFESSIONAL-HEAVY-DUTY_W0QQitemZ120013109855QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20767QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They get used for all sorts, they defeat pretty much all oil filters, good for squeezing in caliper pistons on brakes.....get you out of all sorts of holes!

I think the key thing with tools is to avoid the realy cheap and find those with life time warrantys.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #33 on: 28 July 2006, 12:12:40 »

i am a bit accident prone and wife wont allow me welding gear but my father just left me a pressie of a little flame thrower, bunsen burner type thing......wooo hooo watch out for the flames as i burn everything thats stubborn  :o
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.