Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Meriva saga continues  (Read 2796 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Meriva saga continues
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2019, 20:10:23 »

Yes it seems each of the parties involved just seem to be passing the buck onto one of the others leaving her stuck in the middle.She has kept it insured throughout,though whether it would cover for such a situation I don't know but then if it did it would surely count as a claim and affect her future premiums penalising her still further? Not too worried about the V70 wearing out 'tis but a mere pup at 19yrs old with a paltry 136,000mls on the clock-hope I haven't just put the hex on it :D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2019, 16:30:00 »

The saga might finally be over[time will tell]the Meriva has been returned to her today.Apparently the seller has fixed it[fingers crossed]and has put 400mls on the clock to try to make sure the problem has been solved.I've told her she can keep hold of the V70 for a while longer to act as back up just in case.They told her that it was a faulty header tank[although I'm wondering if she mis-heard that and it was actually the cap]that was causing the system to over pressurize.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2019, 18:22:10 »

The saga might finally be over[time will tell]the Meriva has been returned to her today.Apparently the seller has fixed it[fingers crossed]and has put 400mls on the clock to try to make sure the problem has been solved.I've told her she can keep hold of the V70 for a while longer to act as back up just in case.They told her that it was a faulty header tank[although I'm wondering if she mis-heard that and it was actually the cap]that was causing the system to over pressurize.
Sorry Mr Bazza , but that header tank theory sounds like a big pile of steaming cow dung
are they passing it back to her so the time passed is so long that there is no chance of a future claim when the engine goes tits up again  :-\
I'd want some sort of written warranty and a reduced price for all the hassle at the very least , though personally , I would not have entertained the idea of having the car back full stop,
I do hope I'm wrong , I know it's been a ball-ache and it would be nice to get a speedy solution but  :-X

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2019, 23:18:40 »

I’m with Dave :y
Laying a rubber road.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2019, 23:35:19 »

I don't know whether she's got anything in writing or not,hopefully though they have got it sorted for her but I'm still sceptical about that.She did try rejecting the car a while ago but was told she had to give the seller a chance to fix it-although at the outset they didn't want to have anything to do with even offering a repair let alone carrying such a thing out.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.