Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: '03 MV6 3.2 Auto Est  (Read 11314 times)

dbr

• Intermediate Member
  • north east.
    • 1997. 2.5CD petrol
    • View Profile
Re: '03 MV6 3.2 Auto Est
« Reply #15 on: 28 September 2016, 20:22:52 »

Oops! apologies.....roached... roughly translated, beyond saving.Couldn't quite see wether the paint is just dull due to standing out in the Welsh Wales weather and would possibly respond to a wash and a thorough detailing. :)

A wether is a castrated ram (male sheep).

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2016, 20:52:25 »

Oops! apologies.....roached... roughly translated, beyond saving.Couldn't quite see wether the paint is just dull due to standing out in the Welsh Wales weather and would possibly respond to a wash and a thorough detailing. :)

A wether is a castrated ram (male sheep).
Ahhhhh....like a gelding, only smaller....and a totally different animal  ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 September 2016, 21:49:02 »

We took a transit over 3 weeks ago for a week on the tunnel £196 return...its no longer cheap...

My experience over the last ten years is that the tunnel costs twice as much as a ferry. The small time saving isn't worth that to me.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 September 2016, 22:33:45 »

We took a transit over 3 weeks ago for a week on the tunnel £196 return...its no longer cheap...

My experience over the last ten years is that the tunnel costs twice as much as a ferry. The small time saving isn't worth that to me.

Interesting, as I find that if you compare same date and time, not a huge difference. And I certainly prefer tunnel, drive on sit-in-car drive off. AND the Mrs spends too much money on the boat. Also, less problems with would be migrants on tunnel. I've had trouble getting to the ferry terminal. But, we've had this discussion previously  ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 September 2016, 22:37:42 »

Interesting, as I find that if you compare same date and time, not a huge difference. And I certainly prefer tunnel, drive on sit-in-car drive off. AND the Mrs spends too much money on the boat. Also, less problems with would be migrants on tunnel. I've had trouble getting to the ferry terminal. But, we've had this discussion previously  ::)

Anyway, although I've had a few questions, it's beginning to look as though this is heading for the scrapyard  :(

I'll give it a bit more time
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 September 2016, 23:58:55 »

Stick it on eBay before the scrapyard!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 September 2016, 22:46:26 »

Stick it on eBay before the scrapyard!  :y

Nope. Too much agro and arsing about.

Tempted to take along to local Vx dealer who are actually quite good and say give me a price to sort it, or scrap it. Could be worth doing  :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 September 2016, 23:04:42 »

Would be a terrible waste for this to get cubed for the sake of a few hundred quid and a little bit of spanner work  :(

ted_one

« Reply #23 on: 01 October 2016, 08:09:20 »

There was a guy last week in North Wales on another forum that was looking for a 3.2 engine for a project (not an Omega)but sourced a unit from Omegas52 in Nottingham he paid £295 for it.Bit of a shame really,possibly a deal to be done there,although it would have meant that your car would have been broken for the engine.
Would it not be worth contacting Daz,just to see wether he might come across to you after you get some idea from your local VX dealer as to what's needed to get the car sorted.....only a thought :-\ :-X.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 October 2016, 08:54:08 »

Would be a terrible waste for this to get cubed for the sake of a few hundred quid and a little bit of spanner work  :(

The thing is, I've now got another good car. I just don't need two big estates, so I don't really want to spend money on a car that I don't need. And even if the MV6 was a really REALLY good one, it wouldn't be worth much.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 October 2016, 11:32:51 »

Sadly that's the issue, fully serviced full MOT and spotless will still not command much value.

It was a concern of mine, I could spend £1.5k sorting the 2.2 until it's fully fixed. Only to be taken out at some lights by something, insurance would only give me £150 tops

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 October 2016, 11:34:24 »

If you were closer I would consider an Estate, in the next year or two could be useful.

ted_one

« Reply #27 on: 01 October 2016, 12:01:16 »

I guess by what you are saying is that you are about to pass the death penalty on the car, it's also a case of being arsed and as you say,the car's surplus to your requirements so no raison d'etre. And as already discussed you are a bit of a distance to recover it to an Omega recycling facility and thus using the parts to their full potential,bit of a shame but the viability factor has to come into it,for you and any one that's interested in putting the car to some sort of use. :-\ A few years back I would have been knocking on your with a waiting lowloader outside ready to go but.....I'm older, wiser and poorer to ever go down that road again,which tells me that you are right to think the way you are and just cut your losses. :'(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 October 2016, 12:30:06 »

Having said all that, the scrapman will probably pay enough for a big mac on the way home, so it might be kinder to offer it on here for a few of cases of beer or similar, just to try and give it some further life rather than end up as baked bean cans by Christmas.
Im not personally interested by the way, even if it was free. A few years ago I would have been, but not now.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ted_one

« Reply #29 on: 01 October 2016, 12:57:05 »

The problem with all cars is how much can you or are you willing to spend,one recent repair on my 3.2 Elite came to £1800 including transporting it,most will say I'm a mug and a very small amount of others will say that they would have done the same.So this is one of those situations, where I think that most of us can see that the car's future is pretty bleak,because there's no room for sentiment it's just a car and it's taking up space and if it's not garaged then it's deteriorating by just not being used.The only other thing I can think of is offering it to a local college who teach car repair courses, let them sort it and then say you changed your mind and you want it back :) ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.