Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The day California burned  (Read 1833 times)

STEMO

The day California burned
« on: 23 October 2019, 16:21:51 »

If you get the chance, I recommend you watch this on BBC iPlayer. It's terrifying, and how so many actually got out alive is something I can't explain. 85 lost their lives but I reckon, if things had been just fractionally different, it could easily have been a thousand.....more.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: The day California burned
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2019, 17:59:44 »

The town of Paradise ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2019, 18:06:36 »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2019, 18:12:53 »

A lovely and thought provoking song about that town, from the mid 70,s.

The last resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4zR9r9olOg
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2019, 08:03:38 »

Worrying times for me with this current crop of fires as my son e-mailed me recently to tell me that where he lives was just outside the area it was predicted the fires would reach but that they'd been advised to stock up on emergency supplies as they could be without electricity for up to 5 days.But as is the nature of such things where they are predicted to go/reach can often be at variance with the reality of the situation and I've heard nothing from him for 3 days now.Hopefully it's just the electricity that been cut[at worst] and that he and his family are safe.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2019, 10:13:41 »

Worrying times for me with this current crop of fires as my son e-mailed me recently to tell me that where he lives was just outside the area it was predicted the fires would reach but that they'd been advised to stock up on emergency supplies as they could be without electricity for up to 5 days.But as is the nature of such things where they are predicted to go/reach can often be at variance with the reality of the situation and I've heard nothing from him for 3 days now.Hopefully it's just the electricity that been cut[at worst] and that he and his family are safe.
Hope you hear something soon, Baza. You can't help worrying about your kids, no matter how old they are.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 October 2019, 14:18:29 »

Aint that the truth. Mine are 37 and 35 and I still lose sleep over them. When I was a naïve young man I ASSUMED I would stop worrying when they got to 18. That was actually when the real worries started.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2019, 17:20:12 »

Yes my son is the "baby" of the family at 40yrs old :D and although he's lived in Stockholm previously for a good few years and been in California now for about 7yrs [last time I actually got to see him was 2009] I still worry and fret every time I hear of anything going off in that state.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 October 2019, 07:22:46 »

Phew!!!! Got e-mails from son early hours of this morning to say they have been experiencing power cuts of varying duration,but are in the clear for the present although of course the fires continue to burn.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2019, 23:34:04 »

Just watched a 40 minute 'as it happened' documentary on Netflix about Paradise.

An absolute miracle that only 85 died.

But, if the footage and commentary doesn't get you, just open up Google maps and look at the satellite image a year on :o
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.